User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 678910 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was being sarcastic- she seems to suggest I should forget about trying to understand and question everything and just believe I'm INFP and be done with it. Presumably because an INFP would be ok with doing such a thing. (?)
    You should go with ISFJ.

Jung states something about Si and generating perceptions as a million year old consciousness would.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN, TYPOLOGISTS. Jung has been completely neutered in the name of sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Maybe you should have substituted this quote instead -
    "Actually he moves in a mythological world, where men animals, railways, houses, rivers, and mountains appear partly as benevolent deities and partly as malevolent demons. That thus they appear to him never enters his mind, although their effect upon his judgments and acts
    bear no other interpretation."

On the outside, most ISxJs appear quite normal.

The more I read, the more I understand I know nothing of Si. I seriously need to evaluate this in relation to myself. Maybe Ti is wrong...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We're not communicating AFFectively either. And that's a good thing!

Inside the head of the ISFJ, therein lies a rather strange world. My ISFJ father, however, didn't show any particular interest in fairies, goblins, and elves. However, as Jung wrote about the SI-dom, "It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."
    You're focusing on theory. I'm focusing on how a person communicates. Let's look at an example. What functions do you think this writing demonstrates?

In the pre-dawn darkness, my three daughters and I huddled together in the cold mountain air. At an elevation of ten thousand feet, the wind was fierce and felt like it went right through us. We’d been warned about the frigid weather up here but still shivered in our fleece jackets and woolen hats. “Just imagine you’re somewhere warm,”
    I said to them. “Like Hawaii. Oh wait. We ARE in Hawaii!” I laughed at my own joke. They didn’t. A park ranger intoned ancient Hawaiian chants as the sun slowly rose over Mount Haleakala. The guidebook had described watching this sunrise as “spiritual” and life-changing”. I guess it should have been a magical moment but was too distracted by my chattering teeth to fully enjoy it. A few minutes later we retreated to the comfort of our rental car, thankful for the blast of warm air blowing on our frozen faces.
    About an hour later, we were shedding our jackets and enjoying hot tea and crepes in the sun-filled courtyard of a cute café . We marveled over the now-perfect weather and talked about how we couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub. (My husband was still there, snuggled cozily in bed. Rising at three in the morning to watch the sunrise wasn’t quite his idea of vacation fun.) As I looked at my daughters gathered around the table, it occurred to me that this was the first trip we had taken together where they were all now, unbelievably, adults - and that this might be one of our last family vacations that wouldn’t include son-in-laws or grandchildren. Not that I wouldn’t welcome them, but I was savoring having these wonderful girls all to myself on this beautiful island. And it dawned on me that maybe this was the magical moment I’d been looking for up on that mountain.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    You should go with ISFJ.
    So two for ISFJ, and the rest say no. I will let you discuss it among yourselves if I am to go with a majority vote. Interesting stuff about Si though. Sounds kind of familiar.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm not caught up but my god jennifer you're funny.

sifting through a bowl of goulash hahaha i love it.

and i still think maybe intj

just because i get a sense of how people write and i can tell nfps and ntps almost instantly and she doesn't fit...then i think of some of the most frustrating threads i've participated in where people were asking for advice and arguing points from angles that made no sense whatsover and they were intjs....

but idk maye i'm wrong.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    You're focusing on theory. I'm focusing on how a person communicates. Let's look at an example. What functions do you think this writing demonstrates?

In the pre-dawn darkness, my three daughters and I huddled together in the cold mountain air. At an elevation of ten thousand feet, the wind was fierce and felt like it went right through us. We’d been warned about the frigid weather up here but still shivered in our fleece jackets and woolen hats. “Just imagine you’re somewhere warm,”
    I said to them. “Like Hawaii. Oh wait. We ARE in Hawaii!” I laughed at my own joke. They didn’t. A park ranger intoned ancient Hawaiian chants as the sun slowly rose over Mount Haleakala. The guidebook had described watching this sunrise as “spiritual” and life-changing”. I guess it should have been a magical moment but was too distracted by my chattering teeth to fully enjoy it. A few minutes later we retreated to the comfort of our rental car, thankful for the blast of warm air blowing on our frozen faces.
    About an hour later, we were shedding our jackets and enjoying hot tea and crepes in the sun-filled courtyard of a cute café . We marveled over the now-perfect weather and talked about how we couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub. (My husband was still there, snuggled cozily in bed. Rising at three in the morning to watch the sunrise wasn’t quite his idea of vacation fun.) As I looked at my daughters gathered around the table, it occurred to me that this was the first trip we had taken together where they were all now, unbelievably, adults - and that this might be one of our last family vacations that wouldn’t include son-in-laws or grandchildren. Not that I wouldn’t welcome them, but I was savoring having these wonderful girls all to myself on this beautiful island. And it dawned on me that maybe this was the magical moment I’d been looking for up on that mountain.
    I don't know which functions. In fact, I wrote something similar for an English class I took earlier this year.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't know which functions. In fact, I wrote something similar for an English class I took earlier this year.
    That's a glimpse into the mind of an ISFJ

You see Si and Fe.

You also see a tinge of the "strange world" as you refer to it. I'm not sure that's the best way to describe it however.

This is not a paper for an English class. That's how she thinks.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

WALMART

The point is that the theory evidenced contrary to your claims is backed up by hundreds (thousands, maybe) of hours of objective experience with clientele in a psychologically evaluative clinic conducted by one of the best regarded psychologists of all time.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's a glimpse in the mind of an ISFJ
    Certain terms - such as "magical" - keyed me into Si. However, I can write like that too, and that's my real point here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Ok, Highlander is going to add a poll- at least he asked me if it was ok.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

And I can't find just now the quote about me taking things as insults, but consider the following. "Simple-minded" is generally used as an insult. Maybe I read too much negativity into my communication being like sifting through goulash, but usually when someone says something like that I think of a schizophrenic person or someone equally mentally incapacitated. It seems to imply the person's thoughts are incoherent. This sounds kind of insulting, and is not true of me- at least not that anyone has observed outside of this forum. Some people, in particular Jennifer and Mal+ seem to have a difficult time communicating in their posts the difference between a constructive critical comment or neutral observation directed at someone they respect and think well of, and a derisive "observation" directed at someone they believe to be mentally inferior. If it's true that I am widely perceived to be simple minded, then in that context things do seem more insulting in tone.