User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    0 0%
  • no

    15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 155

  1. #41
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

    When I argue a point with you, I feel like I'm trying to pick my way through a bowl of goulash. You try to talk the talk and use the right vocabulary, but the ideas are not balanced in nuance with each other, no actual argument is really being built. It's just assorted details jumbled around in a bowl based on how they feel to you at the time or based on how you want to view yourself. That is my impression. It all makes sense to you, but won't make sense to someone who is not you. That's not Ti.

    Te also rebutts points without looking at a bigger conceptual picture. I scan a lot of your most recent posts as some version of Te, just filtered through other functions.
    Te-dom, however, looks at the big picture if N is the supporting function. Jung says that Te is oriented toward objective facts, either concrete facts (S) or objective ideals (N).

    As for the previous paragraph, awesome, just awesome. I have actually compared you to Greenfairy in my mind before, and found no basis for comparison really.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Well, you have asked a lot of people what they think, and that's something I did too, but the key thing is that I actually listened!

  3. #43
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    I agree with @Jennifer
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #44
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't know what you're getting at here.
    You have to be individuated before you can have a dominant function. What makes you think you're individuated enough to have a dominant function?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #45
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    What I am trying to do is figure out where I am going wrong in my reasoning if I am wrong. I have a certain opinion, but I want to make sure it's correct by examining all the things it is based on. When people pose different suggestions I want to examine whether they are correct by picking it apart.

    So you might be right in thinking this is Te, since I am focusing on whether a specific thing is true- but at the same time I want to see whether it is true in conjunction with everything else which is true.

    I'm not asserting anything as fact- only putting thoughts out there to see if everything fits. If I am something different than what I think I am everything should fit, and few have been able to form a coherent opinion. So if you believe I am INFP that's great if you can give a convincing argument. Do you think I use Te in the form of the inferior or perhaps tertiary? Do you agree I seem like Ne rather than Ni? Are you basing your Fi decision on comprehensive information or just that it looks like not-Ti? What you've said so far I can't really disagree with.

    And this thread wasn't started because I think I'm ISFJ- which I made explicit in the OP. Someone said they thought I was and I wanted to see if anyone else agreed because I was tired of arguing with her. I thought maybe it would be better for other people to do it. Now I'm picking apart people's opinions.
    See, case in point: I try to read this post, and it's just one big smear in my head. None of the points are weighted, it's all like white noise to my brain. I want to know what argument you're making, I'm scanning through this, and... well, I have no idea where you're going or what the point is of what you are planning to say. There is no method to the madness. There is no pattern. There is no argument/direction. It just swirls around and around.

    I don't really even care what you are, honestly.
    I just know what you're not.
    (You can cross NTP off the list -- which leaves you with only 14 to go.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You have to be individuated before you can have a dominant function. What makes you think you're individuated enough to have a dominant function?
    In the posts, what I see is a piece of data tossed out (by her or someone else) and immediately negated by another piece of data. It's like there is no preference or weighting of data so that an argument can be made, it's just a jumble.

    Maybe your point here is right. Maybe there is not indivuation that would give direction to how perceptions can be weighted consistently. I hadn't thought of that before, per se.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #46
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I would say INFX. There is a subjective basis for most of the posts I have seen. The INTX, although not always the most logical/objective have a distinct brand of detached rationality I don't sense from you.

  7. #47
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Well, you have asked a lot of people what they think, and that's something I did too, but the key thing is that I actually listened!
    And that is more along the lines of Te than Ti, as Te trusts external authority and Ti forms their own opinions. How am I not listening if I am questioning the validity of what is being said?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You have to be individuated before you can have a dominant function. What makes you think you're individuated enough to have a dominant function?
    I didn't get from what was written in the link you posted that lack of individuation means you don't have a dominant function, but then again Jung doesn't usually make much sense to me anyway. My understanding was that everyone has a dominant function; but maybe that's incorrect. I guess if I don't that could solve everything right there. Would that mean also that I don't have a set of four which have specific dynamics with one another, that they are just swimming around in my psyche like fish, or that there is a set order from which they deviate unusually?

  8. #48
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    And thanks people for taking this opportunity to be gratuitously insulting. Seems like this is what is admired and respected on the forum.

  9. #49
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    See, case in point: I try to read this post, and it's just one big smear in my head. None of the points are weighted, it's all like white noise to my brain. I want to know what argument you're making, I'm scanning through this, and... well, I have no idea where you're going or what the point is of what you are planning to say. There is no method to the madness. There is no pattern. There is no argument/direction. It just swirls around and around.

    I don't really even care what you are, honestly.
    I just know what you're not.
    (You can cross NTP off the list -- which leaves you with only 14 to go.)



    In the posts, what I see is a piece of data tossed out (by her or someone else) and immediately negated by another piece of data. It's like there is no preference or weighting of data so that an argument can be made, it's just a jumble.

    Maybe your point here is right. Maybe there is not indivuation that would give direction to how perceptions can be weighted consistently. I hadn't thought of that before, per se.
    Ok.

    Point #1: You are incorrect in the part of your post to which I was replying. What you said I was doing is not what I was doing. I instead listed what I was doing. How is that not clear?

    Point # 2: I asked if anyone saw Te in my posts. You said you did, I said you might be right. That should be clear as well.

    Point # 3: In my mind an opinion should be based on things which are true fitting together. Being XNTP produces the fewest inconsistencies with what I think I know about myself. Other people may have a different understanding of the functions and attribute things about me to different functions, so I am always open to new perspectives. If I am to agree with someone else's opinion it should have the same level of coherence. I prompt people to respond to what I think is inconsistent with their opinion, and evaluate the response.

    Point #4: I asked you to flesh out your opinion.

    Point #5: Reiterating the purpose of the OP about which you seem to be confused.

    Does that clarify things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't really even care what you are, honestly.
    I just know what you're not.
    (You can cross NTP off the list -- which leaves you with only 14 to go.)
    Evidently you do care then, because you care about me not being one of 2.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And that is more along the lines of Te than Ti, as Te trusts external authority and Ti forms their own opinions. How am I not listening if I am questioning the validity of what is being said?



    I didn't get from what was written in the link you posted that lack of individuation means you don't have a dominant function, but then again Jung doesn't usually make much sense to me anyway. My understanding was that everyone has a dominant function; but maybe that's incorrect. I guess if I don't that could solve everything right there. Would that mean also that I don't have a set of four which have specific dynamics with one another, that they are just swimming around in my psyche like fish, or that there is a set order from which they deviate unusually?
    Concerning your post #48, I already knew you couldn't take criticism (Fe). Although I'll admit that Poimandres was basing some statements on negative stereotyping.

    Now can we get back on topic, please? The following IS important to you. Consider the constellations in the night sky as a metaphor for individuation. At first you see only a bunch of stars (the collective personality), but eventually you begin to see shapes and patterns. (I'm not necessarily talking about astrology here.) These patterns begin to form what we call constellations. These are patterns distinct from the rest of the star field.

    I'm not saying that individuation is about focusing on certain personality traits. It's about bringing forth certain traits from the unconscious and making these traits individual to you, part of your uniqueness.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone think I am NOT an INFP?
    By Legion in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Does this description sound like an ISFJ?
    By chalky_lemon in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
  3. Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?
    By SilkRoad in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  4. Does anyone think...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO