User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    That's not what I meant. I meant by "there you have it" that it follows that I believe I'm NTP, not that I'm right.

Quick question: does anyone see Te in any of my posts? If I am INFP it should probably be there.
    I see a problem with this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individuation#Carl_Jung
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Quick judgments would be my best guess. She has received lots of input from various members of the forum, but is very slow to adapt her opinions accordingly.
    It took me a very long time to arrive at my current typing though, since I questioned so many people about it, so I guess there's pros and cons both ways.
    Decisive on the outside, indecisive on the inside, would be my guess.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Short lesson in typology: When typing someone you have to look at all four function comparisons. If Ne seems likely, you have to rule out Ni. If Fe seems likely you have to rule out Fi, Se contrasts with Si, and Te contrasts with Ti. A person has all four functions, and a type is a specific set. If one fits but another doesn't, your thoughts are not internally consistent. Just looking for something which looks like a dominant function is a very ineffective way of doing it.

That is, if you want to be thorough about it, and not just throwing potato at the wall (as Affirmative Anxiety so nicely put it). Which I think is a really funny image, btw.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's not what I meant. I meant by "there you have it" that it follows that I believe I'm NTP, not that I'm right.
    Quick question: does anyone see Te in any of my posts? If I am INFP it should probably be there.
    Why don't you stop asking people what you are, when you've already decided what you are anyway?

From watching this unfold over and over, nothing anyone says is going to change what you already want to believe about yourself.

Why keep asking? What purpose is this serving? And why are you seemingly confused about your type if you seem so sure about your type (and what it's not) when someone makes a suggestion? At some point, you'd figure it out and just stop asking for affirmation.

My thoughts are as follows:

Talking to you and reading your posts is not like talking to / reading about any other NTPs I know and talk to. (And it's not because you're some kind of amazing, new, unique snowflake NTP.)

You simply don't structure your arguments in the ways that NTPs do, even when it's being done very informally. I might disagree with other NTPs on certain topics, but it's never because I think they're being irrational -- it's because the assumptions and info is different. I totally get where they are going and I can even predict the argument they will be making, because it follows from the initial data they accept.

When I argue a point with you, I feel like I'm trying to pick my way through a bowl of goulash. You try to talk the talk and use the right vocabulary, but the ideas are not balanced in nuance with each other, no actual argument is really being built. It's just assorted details jumbled around in a bowl based on how they feel to you at the time or based on how you want to view yourself. That is my impression. It all makes sense to you, but won't make sense to someone who is not you. That's not Ti.

Te also rebutts points without looking at a bigger conceptual picture. I scan a lot of your most recent posts as some version of Te, just filtered through other functions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Quick judgments would be my best guess. She has received lots of input from various members of the forum, but is very slow to adapt her opinions accordingly.
    It took me a very long time to arrive at my current typing though, since I questioned so many people about it, so I guess there's pros and cons both ways.
    And what makes you think I am using a different process than yours? Have I not obsessively examined my type for the past year I have been on here? I had done the same thing for months before even joining. If that looks like a quick judgment, there's something wrong with your thinking.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why don't you stop asking people what you are, when you've already decided what you are anyway?

From watching this unfold over and over, nothing anyone says is going to change what you already want to believe about yourself.

Why keep asking? What purpose is this serving? And why are you seemingly confused about your type if you seem so sure about your type (and what it's not) when someone makes a suggestion? At some point, you'd figure it out and just stop asking for affirmation.

My thoughts are as follows:

Talking to you and reading your posts is not like talking to / reading about any other NTPs I know and talk to. (And it's not because you're some kind of amazing, new, unique snowflake NTP.)

You simply don't structure your arguments in the ways that NTPs do, even when it's being done very informally. I might disagree with other NTPs on certain topics, but it's never because I think they're being irrational -- it's because the assumptions and info is different. I totally get where they are going and I can even predict the argument they will be making, because it follows from the initial data they accept.

When I argue a point with you, I feel like I'm trying to pick my way through a bowl of goulash. You try to talk the talk and use the right vocabulary, but the ideas are not balanced in nuance with each other, no actual argument is really being built. It's just assorted details jumbled around in a bowl based on how they feel to you at the time or based on how you want to view yourself. That is my impression. It all makes sense to you, but won't make sense to someone who is not you. That's not Ti.

Te also rebutts points without looking at a bigger conceptual picture. I scan a lot of your most recent posts as some version of Te, just filtered through other functions.
    What I am trying to do is figure out where I am going wrong in my reasoning if I am wrong. I have a certain opinion, but I want to make sure it's correct by examining all the things it is based on. When people pose different suggestions I want to examine whether they are correct by picking it apart.

So you might be right in thinking this is Te, since I am focusing on whether a specific thing is true- but at the same time I want to see whether it is true in conjunction with everything else which is true.

I'm not asserting anything as fact- only putting thoughts out there to see if everything fits. If I am something different than what I think I am everything should fit, and few have been able to form a coherent opinion. So if you believe I am INFP that's great if you can give a convincing argument. Do you think I use Te in the form of the inferior or perhaps tertiary? Do you agree I seem like Ne rather than Ni? Are you basing your Fi decision on comprehensive information or just that it looks like not-Ti? What you've said so far I can't really disagree with.

And this thread wasn't started because I think I'm ISFJ- which I made explicit in the OP. Someone said they thought I was and I wanted to see if anyone else agreed because I was tired of arguing with her. I thought maybe it would be better for other people to do it. Now I'm picking apart people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't know what you're getting at here.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Short lesson in typology: When typing someone you have to look at all four function comparisons.
    Short lesson in MY typology: when typing someone, look at everything possible and from every aspect. Don't limit yourself to one system.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Short lesson in MY typology: when typing someone, look at everything possible and from every aspect. Don't limit yourself to one system.
    Shouldn't everything be consistent within every system you are using?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Shouldn't everything be consistent within every system you are using?
    Yes, they are internally consistent. Why?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have nothing to say about Greenfairy, really. I just wanted to note that this is one of the best descriptions of my mom one could hope for.
    Go to sleep, iguana.