User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    0 0%
  • no

    15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 6141516

Results 151 to 155 of 155

  1. #151
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    @greenfairy

    For all that I've been amused by this thread (admittedly at your expense), I have given your situation some thought.

    I believe, first of all, there is some gap between the things that you value (or esteem as valuable), and the gifts you actually possess. I don't know what created that dissonance, but believe me when I say that I feel for you.

    Self-love is a brutal lesson to master because it requires a deep vulnerability for whom most lack the courage. It's not an easy thing to look at yourself in the mirror, know you're not that thing you've internalized as valuable, and still find someone worthy looking back at you. Even if everyone on the forum were to drop what they were doing and reached out to you to tell you you were INTP, Im fairly certain it wouldnt make you feel the way you hope to feel.

    Honestly, at this point, Id go so far as to say that typology is probably damaging to you as you are now. If nothing else, it detracts from what appears to be the truly necessary work of learning who you really are, and how to grow and work and love and all that jazz as that person (ironically enough). I can say objectively that what youre doing right now is moving you towards neither of those goals.

    I honestly don't know how to teach someone how to love themselves. My own sense of self-worth is born of some pretty tough times, and I wouldnt recommend that to someone just for kicks. Just don't worry so much, you know? None of this really matters. Just feel that place of connection inside yourself and let that be enough. That generally seems to work for me.

    Anyways.
    Aw, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yes, Victor is all about caring what other people think of him and his approach to the world, and steering himself by an external compass. Jolly good show.
    Well, maybe INFP. I don't know. Nor do I care. He's another oddball who doesn't really fit any type if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Victor is an INFP or ISFP, in a FiSi or FiNi loop.

    (with 80%-90% confidence)
    I hadn't thought of that. Edit: I think ISFP is more likely. He seems to use Ni a lot. I was picking up on that plus an attempt at logical organization, but I agree it looks more like Fi. Though the things he talks about are usually rather impersonal (more collective) in nature, which does look more Fe to me.

    You know, @highlander, while I appreciate your taking the time to put in a poll (and edit it for me), I'm thinking it may be somewhat pointless since it's doubtful anyone is going to vote "yes" (except out of sheer perversity). Although you probably were just thinking it would be good to have a type poll since people were throwing out types- and I didn't know what you had in mind when you asked.

  2. #152
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    @greenfairy

    I sincerely doubt you are an ISFJ. It's all about the process as opposed to the end form.

    For example I can discuss and argue and bring up information on any number of topics. I can make posts here that come across quite....perhaps intuitive in nature.

    But that is only the end form of what my thoughts came out to, my process is still one of recounting information I have experienced personally through Si, when I come across a new problem, my first instinct is to try old methods....then search for new avenues. It's what makes a person like me come across as stupid in some situations that I have not yet experienced, because I struggle to visualise the potentials, instead I work back from my experiences to those potentials, but it takes me a much longer time than say.....an Ne dominant.

    If I do use Ne it is nearly always recreational, via hobbies or friendly discussions or when joking. On top of it all is Fe floating like a king. Without even being consciously aware of it till recently, it is clear I desire structured social groups and boundries into which I can fit myself.

    Also the suppression of Ti has become apparent to me, because while I am interested in logical discussions and the picking apart of information with inductive thinking, it is not something I apply myself. I simply admire it in others, yet reject it when it comes too close to home, at least until recently.

    Now I acknowledge more readily the considerations those angles bring and I enjoy when the revelation is one I can apply to my own life in terms of self awareness. This still ties in to Fe as I hold myself to the accountability of my own consciousness and I do not wish to hurt or harm those I love or like.

    But it's a better partnership than merely pressing down on the inferior function while rising up the dominant, as I remember reading that the inferior grows out of conscious control the more the dominant is indulged and the more people avoid challenges that would threaten that dominant inclination.

    One cathartic realisation I have had, is that it is better to stick out a bad couple of weeks, or even years, of personal turmoil and stress so that you may come out with a better understanding of yourself and others, as well as having grown, on the other side.

    As I have said before, to me it is time people started realising that contextually these functions, (of which we do indeed possess and use all 8 or allegedly so), can apply to any person of any intelligence. I'm not really talking about 'sensor-bias' or any of that mess, more so that while there are challenges in communication between differences in judgment or perception, with wisdom and consideration, it becomes apparent that the real challenge lies in the difference between levels of thinking in individuals and their intelligence.

    But this is also a difficult point to identify, because of the difficulty in defining what constitutes intelligence and at what level a person is cogitating. Not to mention different types of intelligence, though that point is very debatable.

    Perhaps the real issue is that there are far too many lazy systems that tap into enabling a person's weaker aspects to creep up on them and therefore stopping a person from reaching their full potential. Although that in itself opens up a discussion on whether or not it is for any group or individual to decide on what other individuals or groups should be doing or how 'full potential' is indeed defined.

    In any case, my main point is that I cannot see Si dominance in you, even though mine is only secondary, I am the echo's of my senses and all those in my life who have molded and informed me, the negative and the positive.

    To me that is Si defined, the personalised aspect of your own sensory experiences, coalescing into a solid whole core which sits at the centre of you.

    Do you see that in yourself?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #153
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    AA: Good thoughts. No, I don't see Si dominance in myself.

  4. #154
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Victor is an INFP or ISFP, in a FiSi or FiNi loop.
    That implies an avoidance of Ne. I disagree. I've never met him in person, but his posts skip across a lake leaving nothing but ripples, without ever taking a plunge beneath the surface to see what's really there. If I bought him a Christmas present, it would be a T-shirt that reads: It's all about me.

    Quite some time ago, Q (ENTP) made a decent post about Vic's type. I happen to agree with her thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us
    A few additional thoughts to typing Victor:

    This is why I believe him to be FiNe......I've never seen a discourse between him and someone come to a conclusion (unless they're supporting his viewpoint), ever. Because he doesn't have a point he's holding stead-fast to, some vanishing point he's moving towards, something he's trying to really prove. It's all just a play of rhetoric, pick a single thought from someone's response to him, and go off on another thought tangent with it. And, repeat.
    All to spur an emotional reaction, his, and hopefully (his aim), the other.
    Bouncing from thought to thought (Ne), no investment in a conclusive thought (or building on it, going to the depths of that singular thought - like Ni) as much as the presentation of the thought. Until the next thought, and so on. Hence, no build-up, no discourse leading to a conclusion. Just the art of rhetoric. He doesn't want an audience as much as he wants fans.

    INFP.

  5. #155
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    @Mal+, you have made a very convincing case. my current conclusion is that I don't have a dominant function or definite type. And if I do there's about an 85% chance I'm INFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone think I am NOT an INFP?
    By Legion in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Does this description sound like an ISFJ?
    By chalky_lemon in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
  3. Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?
    By SilkRoad in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  4. Does anyone think...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO