User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 41213141516 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    After all this time, you still seem to care more about what others think than what you think. You even went so far as to post "can we all agree?" regarding your type in one of your older threads. Where is this unquenchable thirst for approval and agreement coming from? Don't you think the only decision that really matters is your own?
    I don't know where it comes from. It's just part of me. Lack of individuation I guess.

Well, a lot of times when people express opinions on one type or another they have this attitude like it's obvious I am that type and I'm thick skulled for not knowing it. But people do this for different types (usually INFP and INFJ). So if I am to take their criticism or suggestions or whatever, I would have to believe it's obvious I'm multiple types at the same time. I think if I were to choose either type most people would be satisfied, but they also fail to realize that there are numerous people who still believe I'm XNTP. And if I don't believe I'm Fi, then I'm misrepresenting myself by just going with my own impression of things, as that is construed as Fi. And I don't really want to do it anyway, just because my perception of myself is biased.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't know where it comes from. It's just part of me. Lack of individuation I guess.
    Then you should develop some sense of self outside of other people's opinions of you. Although I'll admit there have been some great threads based around this topic.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Then you should develop some sense of self outside of other people's opinions of you. Although I'll admit there have been some great threads based around this topic.
    that's it right there...all of your confusion seems to be stemming from you just sorting through everyone elses opinions to figure out what to believe and i'll tell you that as a fi type i have not ever had that experience...like not once...not when it comes to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Which topic? Great is highly debatable.

I don't know. I've been trying for like a decade, but it hasn't worked all that well. First I had to develop a sense of self apart from the imaginary characters I base on aspects of myself. I did that within the last like 5 years. But that sense of self is pretty much entirely based on external observations and archetypes, attached to what I feel personal attachment to and preference for. I fit the personal into the collective.

And the more I read about enlightenment, the more I get the message that the self and the ego is just an illusion and enlightenment comes when you release your sense of separateness. I don't think I entirely believe this, so I will probably individuate at some point.

This is also a type 9 issue btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that's it right there...all of your confusion seems to be stemming from you just sorting through everyone elses opinions to figure out what to believe and i'll tell you that as a fi type i have not ever had that experience...like not once...not when it comes to me.
    You're lucky. How do you know who you are then? Are you just what you like and dislike, and what you do?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Which topic? Great is highly debatable.

I don't know. I've been trying for like a decade, but it hasn't worked all that well. First I had to develop a sense of self apart from the imaginary characters I base on aspects of myself. I did that within the last like 5 years. But that sense of self is pretty much entirely based on external observations and archetypes, attached to what I feel personal attachment to and preference for. I fit the personal into the collective.

And the more I read about enlightenment, the more I get the message that the self and the ego is just an illusion and enlightenment comes when you release your sense of separateness. I don't think I entirely believe this, so I will probably individuate at some point.

This is also a type 9 issue btw.

You're lucky. How do you know who you are then? Are you just what you like and dislike, and what you do?
    because i know every intricate detail of what i value and why.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

because i know every intricate detail of what i value and why.
    Do values define individuals then? How do you know it's you who is valuing it and not feeling a connection to a collective value? Like I know I value beauty because it gives me pleasure. But I don't distinguish that as a value from simple enjoyment except 1) I know it enhances my well being, and 2) it enhances people's well being in general and most people enjoy it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the other people part just doesn't get factored in at all.

edit: also yes i think ones values define them.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

the other people part just doesn't get factored in at all.

edit: also yes i think ones values define them.
    That feels very foreign to me. But it's good to know my assessment of Fi was on target in that regard.

So how would a Ti dom/aux define oneself, since they are not so concerned with values, and they use Fe? Maybe through Ti and the particular subset of Fe values to which they subscribe? Like they are their thoughts as well as likes and dislikes and habits?

Edit: I'm not asking this because it's what I think I am; I'm using the contrast to understand the concept.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That feels very foreign to me. But it's good to know my assessment of Fi was on target in that regard.

So how would a Ti dom/aux define oneself, since they are not so concerned with values, and they use Fe? Maybe through Ti and the particular subset of Fe values to which they subscribe? Like they are their thoughts as well as likes and dislikes and habits?
    everyone values something though. they act according to what is important to them. they word things in a way that is important to them because they value how it is perceived. every single thing people do or say is about expressing a value or protecting it in some way...at least thats how i see it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

everyone values something though. they act according to what is important to them. they word things in a way that is important to them because they value how it is perceived. every single thing people do or say is about expressing a value or protecting it in some way...at least thats how i see it.
    Cool idea.