User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    0 0%
  • no

    15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 155

  1. #111
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    We're not communicating AFFectively either. And that's a good thing!

    Inside the head of the ISFJ, therein lies a rather strange world. My ISFJ father, however, didn't show any particular interest in fairies, goblins, and elves. However, as Jung wrote about the SI-dom, "It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."
    I agree with the last part, but with the first part, you're likely mistaking the message for the messenger. In modern times, I have only met ONE ISFJ in my life who has had any interest in new Age / Fairies and the like, and the rest find that topic interminably boring and avoid it like the plague. Tolkien? No interest whatsoever from the ones I've known. There are other types with far more interest.

    HOWEVER, one thing many of those had in common was religious belief. Those same ISFJs have more magical thinking associated and aligned with a particular faith, to the point where it is all assumed and treated almost like magic, stories of angelic intervention, miracles happening, etc. And the only ISFJ I knew who was into magic "gave it up" for religion -- it was like she just transferred her worldview investment from magic into faith.

    So I think I can see evidence of Jung's comments, based what framework the ISFj was raised; modern society doesn't really believe in fairies and the like anymore, but faith is alive and well, especially if you are raised in such a setting. At the same time, it's really ironic because the ISFJ's can be frugal, stark, hard-nosed realistic about other aspects of modern life, and don't really understand flights of fantasy outside their own. Basically, if the fantasy can get translated into "real life" then it is believable, but otherwise it stays an irrelevant fantasy and even kind of childish. I think it's about what framework of reference they accept, starting young, and that frames everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post


    / didn't read thread

    / can't believe it exists

    / boring thread is boring
    If we all take off our clothes and start debating by bumping tattoos of our arguments against each other in a flesh grind pit, would that make it more interesting?

    We can also add 25 gallons of honey if we need to.
    @greenfairy, did that comment make you laugh, feel indifferent, or did you think it was stupid?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #112
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    define Fi in your own words.
    I was actually thinking of posting a video on this. People have been asking me to do a video, and I could talk about it. There are a lot of things I don't really personally understand, but some things I think I do, which could clear up some stereotypes perhaps. I really do want to understand it because a lot of my favorite people use it. So the following is my impression. Please correct me if you disagree with any of it. I'm going to have to contrast it with Fe in order to make the concepts clear.

    As it has been mentioned in articles and videos, Fe is extensive and Fi is intensive. Fi is concerned with depth of feeling. This is focused on the subject, specific people, or a specific cause- one at a time. It resembles the sx variant this way. Where Fe deals with relationships and interconnections from a second and third person view, Fi sees things from a first person view; rather than look at how all the people relate to each other it will look at each person individually to see how each person experiences their end of a relationship. It can then generalize to what is happening in a situation to make a value judgment based on how people are affected.
    Extraverted functions have an out-in-out dynamic, and introverted functions have an in-out-in dynamic. Extraverted feeling doesn't have an independent foundation for feeling- it seeks outside stimulation in order to see how it fits into a social system (of interdependent connections) to see how it feels. Introverted feeling does have this foundation because it is concerned with the individual experience of being affected. So it will always know what its state of being is and be less affected. Stimulation goes in, is processed, then there is an output- like a Turing machine. For Fe there is really no feeling independent from other things which can feel- the relationship is the feeling. Energy goes out, connects with something, goes back in to connect to the self, and then goes out again to bring that personal connection to the external. Because Fi is intensive and is concerned with the cognitive processing of one's personal experience (in relation to the essence of the self rather than ideas-Ni, events-Si, or logical observations-Ti), it forms a personally based sense of value. Value itself connotes a personal attachment; Fi rationally processes how the self is affected by other things, positively or negatively, and seeks to maintain those connections. It will judge how close or far away something should be from the self for maximum well-being, and how tightly one should be connected to something. It can sense similar experiences of others, from their point of view, but will always relate assessments of value to the self. In this way it forms a comprehensive picture of reality from the summation of points of view of one side of a relationship.

  3. #113
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i don't know if i think she's an isfj at all but just to be annoying i'll mention that my isfj sister is not even a lil n... it wouldn't be confusing for anyone irl but she did grow up in an n family with weird hippy/ artist parents and she loves weird stuff...her husband is an intp...the art she chooses is way weird...like other worldly acid trip shit and she loves fairies, goblins and all kinds of other dimension odd creatures. like in a weird obsessive way that i will never understand.

    she's also very counter culture...like anything mainstream is revolting.

    she also could not care less about typology.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #114
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with the last part, but with the first part, you're likely mistaking the message for the messenger. In modern times, I have only met ONE ISFJ in my life who has had any interest in new Age / Fairies and the like, and the rest find that topic interminably boring and avoid it like the plague. Tolkien? No interest whatsoever from the ones I've known. There are other types with far more interest.

    HOWEVER, one thing many of those had in common was religious belief. Those same ISFJs have more magical thinking associated and aligned with a particular faith, to the point where it is all assumed and treated almost like magic, stories of angelic intervention, miracles happening, etc. And the only ISFJ I knew who was into magic "gave it up" for religion -- it was like she just transferred her worldview investment from magic into faith.

    So I think I can see evidence of Jung's comments, based what framework the ISFj was raised; modern society doesn't really believe in fairies and the like anymore, but faith is alive and well, especially if you are raised in such a setting. At the same time, it's really ironic because the ISFJ's can be frugal, stark, hard-nosed realistic about other aspects of modern life, and don't really understand flights of fantasy outside their own. Basically, if the fantasy can get translated into "real life" then it is believable, but otherwise it stays an irrelevant fantasy and even kind of childish. I think it's about what framework of reference they accept, starting young, and that frames everything.
    In my experience this is very accurate. My mother is very much like this; she is really into A Course in Miracles, which is Christian mysticism. Inevitably if you have a conversation with her for any length of time or if you try to talk to her about a personal problem, she'll say "The Course in Miracles says..." and then if you don't want a sermon you have to distract her. She has like a million books on miracles, life after death, talking to dead people, reincarnation, astral travel, angels, psychic animals, etc. But about most things she's very practical and focused on the real world. She's also a computer programmer. And I assure you she's an ISFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If we all take off our clothes and start debating by bumping tattoos of our arguments against each other in a flesh grind pit, would that make it more interesting?

    We can also add 25 gallons of honey if we need to.
    @greenfairy, did that comment make you laugh, feel indifferent, or did you think it was stupid?
    I found it entertaining. Also when I was lying awake in bed last night I thought about the image you painted of me as a winged thing flitting about and throwing things at people when they prod me, and it made me laugh.

  5. #115
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Does anyone (besides Kamishi) think I am an ISFJ?
    Considering that person thought Victor was ESTP... I wouldn't put much stock in what they have to say.

  6. #116
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    In my experience this is very accurate. My mother is very much like this; she is really into A Course in Miracles, which is Christian mysticism. Inevitably if you have a conversation with her for any length of time or if you try to talk to her about a personal problem, she'll say "The Course in Miracles says..." and then if you don't want a sermon you have to distract her. She has like a million books on miracles, life after death, talking to dead people, reincarnation, astral travel, angels, psychic animals, etc. But about most things she's very practical and focused on the real world. She's also a computer programmer. And I assure you she's an ISFJ.
    Yup, that sounds like people I routinely know.

    I found it entertaining. Also when I was lying awake in bed last night I thought about the image you painted of me as a winged thing flitting about and throwing things at people when they prod me, and it made me laugh.
    Interesting. I couldn't scan that at all from your responses -- your posts are emotionally controlled and kind of flattened out. If I've given you a sharp response at times, part of the reason was to see how you would emotionally respond to it. But you keep everything public pretty uniform.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #117
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Considering that person thought Victor was ESTP... I wouldn't put much stock in what they have to say.
    See this is an example of me being oblivious to Fe things: I don't know how this person is popularly regarded. If this is the popular opinion, I would have just ignored her and not bothered starting this thread. I really don't know; I thought it was possible it was a legitimate opinion from a respected forum member, and consequently people would think it was worth debating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Interesting. I couldn't scan that at all from your responses -- your posts are emotionally controlled and kind of flattened out. If I've given you a sharp response at times, part of the reason was to see how you would emotionally respond to it. But you keep everything public pretty uniform.
    I definitely did not expect you to say that. But it's pretty congruent with my real life persona, minus all the silliness and occasional quiet hyperactivity I have in person. If anything I am far more emotional online.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with the last part, but with the first part, you're likely mistaking the message for the messenger. In modern times, I have only met ONE ISFJ in my life who has had any interest in new Age / Fairies and the like, and the rest find that topic interminably boring and avoid it like the plague. Tolkien? No interest whatsoever from the ones I've known. There are other types with far more interest.

    HOWEVER, one thing many of those had in common was religious belief. Those same ISFJs have more magical thinking associated and aligned with a particular faith, to the point where it is all assumed and treated almost like magic, stories of angelic intervention, miracles happening, etc. And the only ISFJ I knew who was into magic "gave it up" for religion -- it was like she just transferred her worldview investment from magic into faith.

    So I think I can see evidence of Jung's comments, based what framework the ISFj was raised; modern society doesn't really believe in fairies and the like anymore, but faith is alive and well, especially if you are raised in such a setting. At the same time, it's really ironic because the ISFJ's can be frugal, stark, hard-nosed realistic about other aspects of modern life, and don't really understand flights of fantasy outside their own. Basically, if the fantasy can get translated into "real life" then it is believable, but otherwise it stays an irrelevant fantasy and even kind of childish. I think it's about what framework of reference they accept, starting young, and that frames everything.
    There's a difference between believing in something and having an interest in a topic, or as Jung said, being "concerned" with it. I like this part, 'At the same time, it's really ironic because the ISFJ's can be frugal, stark, hard-nosed realistic about other aspects of modern life, and don't really understand flights of fantasy outside their own. Basically, if the fantasy can get translated into "real life" then it is believable, but otherwise it stays an irrelevant fantasy and even kind of childish.' I know an ISFJ who, having switched over from Lutheranism, now believes in the Earth Goddess. Apart from that, she is all those things you said, frugal, stark, hard-nosed realistic - but also idealistic. Realism and idealism exist together in the same person. So it's not a mere concern with objective reality, but a concern with improving upon it, guiding (or forcing) it toward some subjective ideal that others fail to understand and appreciate.

    From my outside perspective, I analyze this as a desire to bring the outside world into correspondence with an internal ideal, but the ideal itself is guided by a desire to control internal chaos (unconscious impulses). The Earth Goddess (as a conscious symbol constellated from the chaos of the unconscious level) is given the objective purpose of being channeled into various productive causes and ideals.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #119
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Mal+, Your above description sounds very like me- except I try not to personify Nature- it just is the living part of ultimate reality.

  10. #120
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If anything I am far more emotional online.
    So am I. I'm very very very unemotional offline
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone think I am NOT an INFP?
    By Legion in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Does this description sound like an ISFJ?
    By chalky_lemon in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
  3. Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?
    By SilkRoad in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  4. Does anyone think...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO