User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    / boring thread is boring

Z, Imma let you finish, but I'd be willing to toss a couple stars at this thread just on the strength of @Jennifer's contributions alone. Then the actual theoretical discussion over Si "magical" thinking and certain other concepts from Jung by @Mal+ was also really on point (and interestingly led him to the same conclusion that I've had despite coming at it from a very different way), and probably brought the whole thing solidly into the 3-4 category. But it was probably @Lady X's alternatingly giggling at Jennifer and Te-bitch slappin hos in the face that brought this thing home for me.

5 stars.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Bonus points for reading the thread like I did with David Attenborough-style commentary as you watch the actual NTPs cull the FJ from their herd.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    yupp

Just because you use logic and reasoning, as do i, doesn't make you INTP. and What's wrong with being an INFP. If you don't want your type questioned don't post these threads.and why are you so Married to the idea of being an INTP? just cuz you want to be doesn't make it so. I want to be ENTP but I'm smart enough to realize that there's no way in hell, plus 50 billion people are telling you aren't INTP, maybe actually listen to their arguments instead of getting defensive.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I bow to your powers of greatness.
    Of course you will, and that's fine for now, but know this, dear youngling: justice is the advantage of the stronger!

If you follow that philosophy, you will overthrow me when you reach your height.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

sigh

Do you have another puzzle for me like the first one?

In another thread I quoted from Obama's Dreams of my Father and challenged everybody to determine the author's type, and nobody even went for it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    @greenfairy -

my first thought was wondering what meaning would the concept of ISFJ even retain if it had to expand so broad as to include both you and every previously typed ISFJ out there... not much.

though something worth mentioning regarding your type - if you really do have aspergers, it creates a problem: not so much if mbti is just a semantical game of standardized metaphors to describe different sorts of people, then no you are very far from isfj - then we'll just find an fe-last or fe-less description for you. but if mbti is viewed as underlining cognitive processes, then this can get really messy: basically we'd be navigating the possible function orders without any knowledge of the wearabout of your Fe or any behaviors resulting from this... which can whack the whole system, i mean trying to define how an FJ without functioning Fe would behave... what aspects shared with other FJ would you even retain, if any? what would then still define you as an FJ? for that matter if your fe and fe manifestations are "invisible", then why not entp? would explain why some people see you as inherently p dom...

you do seem very keen on systematically breaking information down into its building blocks, and you express a discomfort with concepts that don't seem to sit well in your thought process for you until they are completely well defined, which i associate with Ti, while INFPs i know seem to not give a shit about that at all, and quite often even find the very notion of doing so to be annoying.
    These have been my thoughts too. I relate as much to ENTP as INTP, though I'm not attached to TP. I do feel as though I'm more Ne (and Ni) than a judging function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Of course you will, and that's fine for now, but know this, dear youngling: justice is the advantage of the stronger!

If you follow that philosophy, you will overthrow me when you reach your height.
    Ah, but Socrates proved Thrasymachus wrong! And so will I.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Just because you use logic and reasoning, as do i, doesn't make you INTP. and What's wrong with being an INFP. If you don't want your type questioned don't post these threads.and why are you so Married to the idea of being an INTP? just cuz you want to be doesn't make it so. I want to be ENTP but I'm smart enough to realize that there's no way in hell, plus 50 billion people are telling you aren't INTP, maybe actually listen to their arguments instead of getting defensive.
    You have some good points, but I don't think they are correct. As I have been saying, I'm not attached to being a certain type anymore- I just would like things to make sense. If I really am INFP that's fine with me. But the fact is I really don't relate to Fi. I could try and see how far I get...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    These have been my thoughts too. I relate as much to ENTP as INTP, though I'm not attached to TP. I do feel as though I'm more Ne (and Ni) than a judging function.

Ah, but Socrates proved Thrasymachus wrong! And so will I.

You have some good points, but I don't think they are correct. As I have been saying, I'm not attached to being a certain type anymore- I just would like things to make sense. If I really am INFP that's fine with me. But the fact is I really don't relate to Fi. I could try and see how far I get...
    define Fi in your own words.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow.

This sounds so exciting.

Let's call this for what it is: pure, 100% attention-whoring.

And this is what's supposed to make it less boring???

/ didn't read thread

/ can't believe it exists

/ boring thread is boring
    Interesting enough for you to respond. Hey, I get my entertainment where I can.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You're focusing on theory. I'm focusing on how a person communicates...
    On the other hand, you recently said that Speed was the best typist on this forum, whereas I'd only put him in the same graduating class as Jack Flack / Technical.

Who says an INFP forgets logic or reason? I don't see that at all. Think of OrangeAppled who makes some of the most thoughtful posts on the forum.

How about an ENFP that got straight As through high school and college, a full scholarship to one of the best medical schools in the country and is now a doctor. Do you think you can do without logic and reasoning. She's very logical. Is that unusual because her Te is only tertiary? Has nothing to do with it. Does she do that hippity hoppity thing when writing and talking? Absolutely.
    To be fair, I really agree with this. I wish people would remember that functions are not either/or. Everyone has them, we have all of them, and in fact the functions themselves are just arbitrary divisions of particular tendencies found in human beings. They don't exist as separate entities in themselves, even if it's common for people to anthropomorphize them in conversation.

We're talking about preferences and how they impact decision-making, viewing, and working style.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    On the other hand, you recently said that Speed was the best typist on this forum, whereas I'd only put him in the same graduating class as Jack Flack / Technical.
    which class is Jack Flack....I don't follow.....stop looking at me I don't pay attention either.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all