User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "I like to be different, but only if I am." That is an authentic INFJ talking right there.
    I hear that, but this is where I agonize: that statement is also very true to my nature as a 4...so how does one differentiate?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I hear that, but this is where I agonize: that statement is also very true to my nature as a 4...so how does one differentiate?
    This looks interesting and useful:
    http://personalitycafe.com/infj-foru...ectedness.html

It also ties into why I asked if you feel internally conflicted.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I've been reading all morning and think I'm getting a better understanding. Extroverted feeling seems more fitting than introverted for me. Thanks for responding to my question, though in hindsight I realize it was kind of a stupid one. Lots still to learn.
    That's alright, we all have to start somewhere.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

However, the OP's story indicates INFJ. Wanting not to be common, writing or using art to express emotions, feeling deeply not reacting hysterically, confrontational yet likes to help people (although this latter does not predominate) - all point to INFJ.

@small.wonder - sorry about your loss.
    Meh, that could describe many INFPs also, probably many IxFx types & even other types, period.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Meh, that could describe many INFPs also, probably many IxFx types & even other types, period.
    INFP is not a confrontational type.

'INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it.'
    http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

(Of course, personalitypage.com is a bad site and nobody should believe it, right?)
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    That's alright, we all have to start somewhere.
    True enough, thanks.

This looks interesting and useful:
    http://personalitycafe.com/infj-foru...ectedness.html

It also ties into why I asked if you feel internally conflicted.
    I can relate to that concept for sure, but doesn't everyone to some extent? Yes, I do feel internally conflicted, I think I self sabbatoge a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFP is the other type I'm considering. I've been reading a lot about the differences (functions and behavior/tendencies). Some of them I'm pretty torn about, INFJ's have a long term plan/goal while INTP's live more in the moment-- I'm still trying to decide which side I err more on. I relate a lot to the introverted thinking of INFJ, sometimes pausing between thoughts and silently listening when others are speaking. INFP creates ideas (extroverted/creative intuition), and INFJ makes connections between ideas (introverted intuition). That's another tough one to decide which side I fall on, I know I'm creatively inclined but in regards to that? As I said before, I'm also pretty sure that I'm an extroverted feeler (yet I tested high in Fi on a socionics test-- they labelled me EII-Fi? I honestly didn't fully grasp half of the questions though, so I'm not sure how far to trust it.

Le sigh.

Even if I don't know which I am yet, I'm glad to be learning the differences so I can truly know (not just think I know). Any other differences or identifying qualities of either INFJ or INFP would be helpful!

(Of course, personalitypage.com is a bad site and nobody should believe it, right?)
    Hmm...I don't fit that aspect anyway. Confrontation is so important to me, maybe it's because my Mom has long been very non-confrontational which I've often seen as childish.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJs have been described as finding confrontation "toxic". You'll find such comments in pretty much any Feeling type profile.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFP is the other type I'm considering. I've been reading a lot about the differences (functions and behavior/tendencies). Some of them I'm pretty torn about, INFJ's have a long term plan/goal while INTP's live more in the moment-- I'm still trying to decide which side I err more on. I relate a lot to the introverted thinking of INFJ, sometimes pausing between thoughts and silently listening when others are speaking. INFP creates ideas (extroverted/creative intuition), and INFJ makes connections between ideas (introverted intuition). That's another tough one to decide which side I fall on, I know I'm creatively inclined but in regards to that? As I said before, I'm also pretty sure that I'm an extroverted feeler (yet I tested high in Fi on a socionics test-- they labelled me EII-Fi? I honestly didn't fully grasp half of the questions though, so I'm not sure how far to trust it.

Le sigh.

Even if I don't know which I am yet, I'm glad to be learning the differences so I can truly know (not just think I know). Any other differences or identifying qualities of either INFJ or INFP would be helpful!
    I would not use socionics to find your Jungian/MBTI type.

I suggest reading Jung, and the Van Der Hoop descriptions too. These can be found easily on the internet for free.

Focus on discerning your dominant type - that is your ego. Look less at behaviors & specific "do this or that" than over all mindset. With what mentality do you approach life? That can be good for determining your auxiliary if you're an introvert also. Inferior function is better to spot in yourself than tertiary. It's called inferior for a reason - if it's not antagonistic in your psychology, then it's probably not your inferior. It tends to have a greater influence on you'd like to think, and often negatively. The tertiary is childish & often used as stress-relief, but people tend to overrate it in themselves anyway.

And of course, this is about personality, so consider how you appear & like to appear to others. INFPs & INFJs have distinctly different demeanors (as far as how they typically appear) that lists of traits fail to capture. Their personas & self-perception can be somewhat similar though, due to both being introverts who prefer feeling & intuition. It can help to think of yourself in an exaggerated way - which caricature is closer to you? Type profiles are kind of like that....

My behavior/thoughts were similar in similar pet situations. Unfortunately, I don't think it reveals much about type.

Sorry about your cat though.