• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ, or ENFP? (or something else?)

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I feel like I am really somewhere in the borderline line between INFJ and ENFP and I just can't figure out which one of them I am on my own.
I am very creative and have pretty developed aesthetic feeling. I love music and art. I often write and I am good in expressing myself with words, but I never create anything that speaks specifically I love to create some mystery, I like to let people guess what I meant. I am highly motivated with meaning of things and world around me. I can get very deep into something, if I feel like it is really meaningful. I even sometimes can get possessed with one thing, even though everyone else gave up on it along ago. I just need to get into core of how things work. I see one thing from many different angles, but it often makes things complicated, because it makes me indecisive and makes me to overanalyze even the simple things. I hate when I am forced to do work, that I see as meaningless, or somehow "wrong". I usually have very careless attitude to work like that, and sometimes don't do anything at all and I openlly express how much I just don't care. When I see something doesn't work the way it should be, or someone doesn't act "right" I express it very openly and don't care if the person is an authority, or my classmate. I am totally not afriad of the conflict. I am not the person who would say "yes" on everything. I am very critical and I stand by my own opinions. I hate dry dates and prohibitions without explanation. I need to figure out things on my own. I like to use my analytical skills and critical thinking. I need to understand things on the inside and process them on my own. I need a lot of freedom to express things my own way. I hate to feel limited. I think my critical thinking often gives me sober and realistic outlook at the world, but it also doesn't steal my idealism. I have almost childish high expectations from life and then I am often dissapointed. That's why I am prone to feelings of unsatisfaction, or melancholy. I have high expectations from my own self and also from others. I need to be sucessful and do something, that I feel is important. When it comes to critize other's habits, or personalities I am often restrained, because I am afriad of hurting other's feelings. I feel like I can really understand people, see their real cores and their hidden motivations why they do things they do. That's why I tend to be pretty tolerant to their deficiencies, but not mine. I try to be become better and develope myself according to my standards and ideals. I think I understand the theoretical side of how someone thinks, or feels, but I often suck at solving concrete emotional, or psychic problems. I am not good in giving concerete advices, even though I try to empathize and help people. I am really the friend, you can call in the middle of the night with some problems and I will go out with you, support you...but I somehow always stay distant. I often take emotionality the sarcastic way. I am not really good in expressing it. That's why most of my friends thinks I am not very sensitive, even though I think I am . Around my friends I usually express my careless and fun loving side. I feel like it gives me the opportunity to release my childish and crazy side and I am happy that way. But I am often shy with strangers. I am reserved to people I don't know well and I am not very self confidant. But I have strong feeling of inner pride and price, which just can't be broken. I often try to please people around me and be "good" , but I also need to be individualistic, which creates a bit of a conflict.
So what is your opinion? ENFP, or some INFJ hybrid? Or even something else?

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I am very creative and have pretty developed aesthetic feeling. I love music and art. I often write and I am good in expressing myself with words, but I never create anything that speaks specifically I love to create some mystery, I like to let people guess what I meant.

Both types can do the above.

I am highly motivated with meaning of things and world around me.

Ne sees the world with Intuition; ENPs are more likely than INJs to see the world the way you describe. INJs see themselves with Intuition, so they prefer to spend their time in their heads, playing with ideas.

I see one thing from many different angles, but it often makes things complicated, because it makes me indecisive and makes me to overanalyze even the simple things.

ENPs often complain of indecisiveness, because they see so many options and possibilities and can't possibly narrow it down to a single one.

I am not the person who would say "yes" on everything. I am very critical and I stand by my own opinions. I hate dry dates and prohibitions without explanation. I need to figure out things on my own. I like to use my analytical skills and critical thinking. I need to understand things on the inside and process them on my own. I need a lot of freedom to express things my own way. I hate to feel limited.

Ps in general seem to value freedom of choice more than Js.

I need to be sucessful and do something, that I feel is important.

A Three in Enneagram is driven by the need for status, success, and approval as delineated by their enveloping society. 4w3 is one of the most common Enneatypes for ENFPs.

When it comes to critize other's habits, or personalities I am often restrained, because I am afriad of hurting other's feelings. I feel like I can really understand people, see their real cores and their hidden motivations why they do things they do. That's why I tend to be pretty tolerant to their deficiencies, but not mine. I try to be become better and develope myself according to my standards and ideals. I think I understand the theoretical side of how someone thinks, or feels, but I often suck at solving concrete emotional, or psychic problems. I am not good in giving concerete advices, even though I try to empathize and help people.

Personal standards and ideals are Fi; collective standards and ideals are Fe. Being able to see hidden potential in people, finding it easy to empathize, both point to Ne + Fi.

I often take emotionality the sarcastic way. I am not really good in expressing it. That's why most of my friends thinks I am not very sensitive, even though I think I am . Around my friends I usually express my careless and fun loving side. I feel like it gives me the opportunity to release my childish and crazy side and I am happy that way. But I am often shy with strangers. I am reserved to people I don't know well and I am not very self confidant. But I have strong feeling of inner pride and price, which just can't be broken. I often try to please people around me and be "good" , but I also need to be individualistic, which creates a bit of a conflict.

ENFPs like Anne Frank complained of not being able to express their "serious" side with others. Fi focuses on the self, so it's hard in the early years to extravert it...it tends to be pretty good at hiding what is being felt by the user, whereas Fe even from early on manifests in its users as visible, physical reactions to what is being felt. As such, it is said that Fe-users will elicit more facial expressions and even body language as emotional reactions, and Fe types all speak this same "language" and can thus read and identify each other.

4w3 is a bit of a paradox, since Four tends to zero in on individuality, and Three on approval from others. It seems to me that the thought process is so convoluted in 4w3 as to intermittently resemble, "If everyone recognizes and admires me for my uniquity, then that means I really am unique."

You should try studying the functions, that way you can focus on the specific information about you that will help you determine your type, and less on generalizations.

All in all, you sound like a textbook ENFP. INFJs tend to be a little more...reserved and withdrawn, very cerebral -- very much like INTJs, except more people-oriented. They also tend to be inclined to depressions. They're often loners who get along with almost anyone, but who don't quite fit in enough to be part of any clique. And they probably wouldn't want to be in a clique. Lol.

ENFPs and INFJs are these sort of...social scientists.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe a little late to the game here, but I agree with everything subwayrider said.