• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OK...

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
I have taken the cognitive processes test at least three times. It tells me I am INFP. However, it also tells me my highest function (barely) is Ne; it's like less than a point higher than Fi. My lowest function is Te (it's in the toilet). The order is: Ne, Fi, Fe, Ni, Si, Ti, Se, Te. And I have averaged the results of my three tests, so that order is solid.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have taken the cognitive processes test at least three times. It tells me I am INFP. However, it also tells me my highest function (barely) is Ne; it's like less than a point higher than Fi. My lowest function is Te (it's in the toilet). The order is: Ne, Fi, Fe, Ni, Si, Ti, Se, Te. And I have averaged the results of my three tests, so that order is solid.

Well... without taking into account percentages on tests (which obviously can't "quantify" personality functions)... Ne Fi is probably ENFP... Your feeling functions are strong, so you're definitely F... But since you say Ne barely edged out Fi, I'd say there's a strong possibility you could also be INFP... I'd say it's a toss-up between ENFP and INFP... I think at this point you just need to spend some time thinking about whether or not you're primary way of dealing with the world and your self is introverted or extroverted.

This site has a brief discussion of MBTI function analysis and a test, called FD33 at the end of the page (just scroll down)... it's not bad... you may get a better perspective.

What We Mean When We Speak of the 'inFp', etc - A Critique of the J/P Designation in the MBTI

MerkW

Despite the fact that your Ne is slightly higher than your Fi, I would say that you are more likely an INFP, unless, of course, you find yourself more accurately described as extroverted than introverted. The function you scored poorest on, Te, is, in fact, the inferior function of INFP. ENFPs, on the other hand, have Si as their inferior function. It would seem somewhat unlikely that you are an ENFP, judging from the fact that your Si seems to be ranked at average.

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
Well... without taking into account percentages on tests (which obviously can't "quantify" personality functions)... Ne Fi is probably ENFP... Your feeling functions are strong, so you're definitely F... But since you say Ne barely edged out Fi, I'd say there's a strong possibility you could also be INFP... I'd say it's a toss-up between ENFP and INFP... I think at this point you just need to spend some time thinking about whether or not you're primary way of dealing with the world and your self is introverted or extroverted.

This site has a brief discussion of MBTI function analysis and a test, called FD33 at the end of the page (just scroll down)... it's not bad... you may get a better perspective.

What We Mean When We Speak of the 'inFp', etc - A Critique of the J/P Designation in the MBTI

*begins to read through site and TILTs* Will let you know what happens.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Function test does not necessarily reveal everything.
Write us more about yourself so we can decide between INFP and ENFP. :)

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
Um... I like belonging, but I don't seek people out. That said, I dealt with a lot of teasing and rejection as a child, so I'm pretty nonsocial now. I also didn't have much of a social life outside school, due to parental disapproval of my friends. I'm a loner, pretty much, but I'd like to have a group of my own. I'm a one-on-one sort of person; I get more attention that way. :p I tend to attach strongly to one person at a time and move on later if necessary. I don't like crowds... ugh. I'm very fantasy-oriented; I read fantasy, write fantasy, and fantasize.

In a non-social sense, I am an extrovert. In a social sense, I am an introvert. Apparently, I was more outgoing as a child. I tend to be more outgoing when I am in a comfortable place. I work at a desk, and I interact well with people who come up...however, they approached me, not vice versa. If someone does approach me in a different situation, I begin to wonder why they're talking to me; I want to know their agenda in doing so, because just being approached unsettles me. More another time...attention span ran out.

OK...I don't approach people unless I have an agenda for doing so; I don't go up to someone I don't know for the mere sake of socializing. I'm friendly and pleasant; my Psych teacher said I was "personable", and people usually like me, provided they notice me. I'm pretty quiet until a subject I like is broached. Those who know me well would think I talk too much (and can I ever talk). I'm very much academic and a bookworm. I do research on the things I like, but I want to do it on my own and not as an assignment. My energy is unfocused but abundant; I'm pretty lazy unless something catches my interest, but I fidget constantly, and I walk fast.

Last edited:

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
*bump*

I also should mention that while I dislike large groups and crowds, going without human contact drives me nuts. Even if it's just online (which it usually is), I want to be interacting with someone.