Thread: E/I EZTYPE

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

You call it twisting; I call it presenting in a different light. I just think that cognitive extraversion is widely misunderstood.
    I call it, "disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I call it, "disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing."
    Wut?

I call it presenting a valid opinion. A well thought out opinion at that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Wut?

I call it presenting a valid opinion. A well thought out opinion at that.
    So you're a mind-reader.

So you're a mind-reader.
    Explain to me how you came to the conclusion it was disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Explain to me how you came to the conclusion it was disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.
    Because it requires a direct effort to misunderstand something as simple as what I wrote. What other world is there for extraverts to expand into? The subconscious?

Because it requires a direct effort to misunderstand something as simple as what I wrote.
    Who is the mind reader now?
    Last edited by wolfy; 06-22-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Being nice

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why would I do that? There's nothing personal about it and I prefer to avoid conflict when possible. In this case, I just feel a strong responsibility to address what I believe is misinformation.

I do feel general frustration that cognitive extraversion is often misrepresented. I struggled for several years to understand why I didn't feel well-described by the INFP profiles even though I consistently tested as introverted. It was a huge weight off my chest when members here explained to me that ExxPs are often socially introverted but cognitively extraverted, and I finally correctly identified as ENFP. As a result of that personal struggle, it frustrates me to see anyone implying that all extraverts must be very outgoing, high-energy, gregarious social-butterfly types - the type of person who wouldn't be satisfied by taking a camera out on a walk.

I feel a moral responsibility to help people where I reasonably can, and in this instance I feel that sort of responsibility to attempt to prevent personal struggle on Webslinger's part by refining what I understand to be misinformation.

It is far from disagreement for the sake of disagreement.
    Then you were just duplicating my own point, because that's what I was saying in briefer terms. Next time, don't start your response by saying you disagree. Assume you didn't understand the point being made. Or don't assume you understood it completely.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Then you were just duplicating my own point, because that's what I was saying in briefer terms. Next time, don't start your response by saying you disagree. Assume you didn't understand the point being made. Or don't assume you understood it completely.

I STILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT that:

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+
    An extravert would define "interaction" quite differently from "exploring" and taking pictures.
    As an extravert, I would define "exploring" and "taking pictures" as [extraverted] "interaction".

That makes your statement logically incorrect.

Like I said - nothing personal and not disagreement for the sake of disagreement. You're just wrong.

--

Anyway, Webslinger, point being I don't think there's any reason to discount extraversion. You're sounding right up the Se alley so far.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why would I do that? There's nothing personal about it and I prefer to avoid conflict when possible. In this case, I just feel a strong responsibility to address what I believe is misinformation - it is far from disagreement for the sake of disagreement.

You stated:

As an extravert, I would define "exploring" and "taking pictures" as [extraverted] "interaction".

That makes your statement logically incorrect.
    Your original counterpoint stated that extraverts CAN enjoy exploring and taking pictures. But that's a side-issue not relevant to the differences between intraverts and extraverts which involves interacting with the EXTERNAL world (better now?). Furthermore, if incorrect, it wouldn't be logically incorrect, just factually incorrect.

There has also been a study done on the different styles of photography used by intraverts and extraverts. Intraverts tend to take pictures of objects, extraverts tend to take pictures of people.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I STILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT that:
    There is no point in interacting with a person such as yourself. Take your strong disagreements elsewhere, or change your posting style to one that is not so rude to others on these forums.