User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Analyze please

  1. #21
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    I've read that too. Good point. But if I disliked abstract topics so much I wouldn't be on a MBTI forum!
    Then how do you account for all the S members (even if they are a distinct minority)?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Then how do you account for all the S members (even if they are a distinct minority)?
    I like abstract topics and I'm probably a sensor.I think some sensors do like abstract topics. Usually with an eye towards what they can do with the information. The main reason I became interested in MBTI was to see if I could use the results to analyze my strengths and then squeeze more juice out of them.
    Bruce Lee was a philosophy major and he was supposedly ISTP.

  3. #23
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    One of my friends is an ISTP math major. There's scarcely a topic more abstract than mathematics.

    The difference, however, is that he views abstract theory more as a tool. I think Intuitives typically view it as something to be generalized and further discussed theoretically.

    I wrote about him here.

    As an aside, I think that Sensors, particularly SPs, are easy to pass as Intuitives because they sometimes extend their "tool usage" that Keirsey talks about to intellectual tools that are highly theory-heavy.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  4. #24
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    wolfy - Spend some time reading the descriptions of types. Which type seems more familiar to you? Which type seems to be the best fit for you?

  5. #25
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Someone posted a link to this site: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

    I suggest reading through the cognitive process descriptions and seeing which ones you seem to use. From there, you can figure out which types use those processes, read the descriptions, and go to town. Bon chance!

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcea Rosea View Post
    wolfy - Spend some time reading the descriptions of types. Which type seems more familiar to you? Which type seems to be the best fit for you?
    ISTP seems to fit best. Especially the description at Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type
    I am not much of a daredevil so when the ISTP talk about that it throws me out a little.

    I also seem to fit with the ENTP description strangely enough. I can be quite abstract in my thinking.And this quote from the Keirsey site fits They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects.

    On a side note all my heroes are ISTP and ENTP and they were before I ever
    found out about MBTI. Bruce Lee, Buckminster Fuller, Bugs Bunny, Clint Eastwood etc

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Someone posted a link to this site: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

    I suggest reading through the cognitive process descriptions and seeing which ones you seem to use. From there, you can figure out which types use those processes, read the descriptions, and go to town. Bon chance!
    I read through the processes and extraverted sensing is auxillary so ISTP for me. Also I don't feel I use Si except to annoy myself with past experiences.:steam:

    Has anyone read anything on improving the functions? It would make sense to strengthen your preferences I think, that is where your talents would lie.

  8. #28
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I read through the processes and extraverted sensing is auxillary so ISTP for me. Also I don't feel I use Si except to annoy myself with past experiences.:steam:

    Has anyone read anything on improving the functions? It would make sense to strengthen your preferences I think, that is where your talents would lie.
    ... or would it be better to become well rounded? Just a thought.

  9. #29
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    ISTP seems to fit best.

    Bruce Lee, Clint Eastwood etc
    Quite funny. Bruce Lee and Clint are stated to be ISTP's in many celebrity MBTI type sites. I know a ISTP whose favourite actors Bruce Lee and Clint are (among other ISTP actors).

  10. #30
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    The difference, however, is that he views abstract theory more as a tool. I think Intuitives typically view it as something to be generalized and further discussed theoretically.
    Quoted for emphasis.

    You test as more ISTP than I do, wolfy...I almost always test INTP unless I blatantly lie. I'm not one though.

Similar Threads

  1. Please Analyze Cognitive Functions
    By BlackDog in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 12:27 PM
  2. Analyze this comparison, please...
    By Halla74 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
  3. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
  4. Hi, I'm a new INTJ here. Please post your welcomes : )
    By logan235711 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO