The introversion and Fe parts are obvious to me at this point; the Pi is not, even though it's supposed to be my dominant. I'd been assuming I'm an ISFJ mostly by process of elimination, which probably isn't the best way to go about it. Also, the "magical, special, rare" parts in INFJ descriptions really puts me off. It feels sort of elitist and I don't want to associate myself with that. (I suspect though, that it has to do with the fact that I DID used to feel that way about myself [shamefully, and secretly. Shh.], and I've been trying this new thing where I actually consider reality in my opinions, beliefs, and estimations of myself).
Feel free to ask questions or for clarification if need be. I'm not totally sure what sort of information, or how much of it, to share.
- I do prefer to have an idea of what I'm getting into before I go about doing it. I like to know what is expected of me. In this way, I'm more comfortable with the known and familiar.
-I always want to know/understand how to do something (and well!) before actually doing it, which is sort of silly. I'm decidedly not a risk-taker for this reason.
- For as uncomfortable as I am taking risks, I NEED variety. It can be small, or even internal variations, but they need to happen or I get stuck in routinized ruts of doom and despair without realizing it until after the fact. Blech.
- I am fascinated with and love people. I enjoy helping and taking care of others.
- I have trouble with being assertive, saying "no," taking on more than I can possibly accomplish, and people-pleasing in general. Working on it.
- I can become impatient and bored with theory for the sake of it.
- I have trouble recognizing and understanding my own emotional states, and how/to what extent they're informing my decisions.
- I have difficulty making friends and maintaining relationships. I alternate between being initially too intense, or too guarded; over-sharing, asking too many personal questions, or not sharing enough, and not seeming interested enough. It's hard for me to gauge.
- I know that I have unreasonably high expectations of myself, but not so much for other people. I don't like relying on anyone for anything, and I'm allergic to controlling others.
- Tense, chaotic environments beget a tense, chaotic Tabula; I simply can not handle it for too long when other people are upset, unsatisfied, or angry. It makes me feel kind of sick and it REALLY REALLY bothers me that I can't get that feeling to go away, even though I KNOW the feelings aren't even actually mine! So, emotional boundary issues, I guess.
- I'm a disorganized, procrastinate-y, chronically-late-for-everything slob, truth be told. I have a bad habit of rarely finishing anything I start, or prematurely stopping before I can really accomplish anything. I think that once I understand something, it loses its appeal.
- I'm a very low-energy, and sometimes embarrassingly unmotivated person. I change my mind too often about Big Life Decisions, such that I'm afraid even to make them, should I end up finding something better.
- I'm good with/love languages, acting, singing, dancing, playing guitar. I do damned good accents and impressions if I do say so myself. (I do.)
I've probably already blabbed too much. Let's add tendency toward long-windedness to that list. Heh.