User Tag List

First 12345 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I think xNTP fits. *mails invoice* As a psych major, I took the official MBTI so many times that I was almost ready to pay people to stop typing me!

Seriously, I really do think xNTP fits though.

The insights you gain on your own are worth much more than money. Remember that MBTI is about preferences, not traits. You know your preferences better than anyone else could.
    Quite so. Thanks.

I went on a kind of date with an ENTP guy who lives in South Carolina last night, and he typed me as INTX, so it's probably what I am. I agreed with his reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Yeah, now that I've observed you a little more closely, I think you are an xNTP for sure, greenfairy. How did you come to doubt that?
    Well when I first came on the site, I had decided I was an atypical INTP, in that I am into mysticism and have made a big effort to develop my functions more than most. I set about explaining it, and my theories as to why. The response I got: "OMG you are not INTP, you are obviously INFP or possibly INFJ." People argued with me relentlessly that I was not what I thought I was, so because I am concerned with the truth and objectivity, I decided to investigate the possibility that I was just looking at things from a biased perspective and they might be right. So I researched types obsessively and found myself in several, and kept finding things which contradicted each other. Finally, I kept getting consistent test results and things kept pointing me in this direction, so I just decided it was probably right.

Lesson learned: don't try to convince INTP's something which is outside of their Ti framework.

On the bright side, I learned a lot about typology, and I understand Fi better now.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Paying for mbti is like paying for astrology.
    Probably. I actually know enough about astrology I could probably charge for it, but I'd feel kind of bad doing it. I'd have to charge a discounted rate just because I feel like they could find the information on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I payed 60 dollars to be typed as an INFP.

I read Dario Nardi and realized I am the Fi dom (IxFP) but am quicker to action and less adept at deep listening than the INFP; the ISFP is quicker to do and shorter to listen.

I'd pay someone in person to confirm that, I guess. Probably that person would be Dario Nardi, though, not MBTI, cuz they'd probably just say INFP again.

It's funny because in Keirsey I also relate more to the Artisan temperament. As a child, I was always singing and dancing, choreographing things with my friends, making tapes singing, decorating, loved art class, went into talent shows...I completely comprise the Artisan child and young adult, but simply have the humanitarian impulse of the Jungian Fi dom, which most people confuse for being "NF" and I actually blame Keirsey for this, ironically.

On a deeper read, though, I'm not human resources, I'm entertainment and hands on maintenance. It's what I do.
    That's unfortunate. The person obviously didn't really know what they were doing, if they didn't understand the difference between N and S. I consider myself adequate at identifying sensors, and I have no "hate" or criticism for them; several of my best friends are sensors. And you do seem ISFP to me. (Of course, all hipsters are ISFP. )

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

Well when I first came on the site, I had decided I was an atypical INTP, in that I am into mysticism and have made a big effort to develop my functions more than most. I set about explaining it, and my theories as to why.
    I've also put a lot of effort into developing my other functions, which I expect throws people off.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think I'd like to get certified. Maybe I could make some money. Although I'd be a hypocrite if I charged more than what I thought was reasonable to pay...and my Ne sees so many possibilities it would be hard for me to make a decision. But I don't think typing decisions should be made quickly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

If you're still kind of new at this stuff, it would probably be good for at least unveiling something you hadn't thought of before.

I haven't taken anything that needs money, yet. I'm still very slightly thinking of taking the actual MBTI instrument even though at this point it's just out of a more ridiculous curiosity (and more of what it's like, than the actual result)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    If you're still kind of new at this stuff, it would probably be good for at least unveiling something you hadn't thought of before.

I haven't taken anything that needs money, yet. I'm still very slightly thinking of taking the actual MBTI instrument even though at this point it's just out of a more ridiculous curiosity (and more of what it's like, than the actual result)
    From what I remember it's just like what you would find on the internet except longer and sometimes more extreme in the choices, so you feel even worse about picking one when you're not sure.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I charge 30 bucks, because my insight is worth paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I charge 30 bucks, because my insight is worth paying for.
    Have you ever had the value of your insight tested using the scientific method?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There are better things to do with your money than to pay for psuedoscientific fluff that doesn't even engage you in any way.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Probably. I actually know enough about astrology I could probably charge for it
    I listen to an astrologer in radio 2UE on Sunday night. This astrologer is highly skilled at manipulating the minds and feelings of vulnerable people.

And in the prentense of providing information, the astrologer predicts the future. And of course the astrologer is well paid.

It is unconscionable.