• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's gut fix

Elfboy's Gut Fix

• 9w1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

• 1w2

• 8w7

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • 8w9

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

if we were studying my personality within the last seven years, 8 would be the obvious choice. thing is though, I was completely different as a kid. I was relatively obedient, I would get frightened and run away when kids would bully me (even though I was still very angry. I'd usually regret it later) and had a sweet, cuddly, Christopher Robin-esque personality most of the time (though a bit more elitist and bitchy lol).
up until my teens, I would have typed myself as INFP 6w7 or 9w1>2w3 Sx/Sp (I actually didn't resemble an Ne dom child at all. my demeanor was more like Harry Potter lol). I looked about as triple Id as Scott fucking Pilgrim :laugh:

it wasn't until around 14 when suddenly a switch flipped and I became similar to how I am now almost within 24 hours (to this day, no idea what the fuck happened, but I've never been the same since)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's been years and years since that switch was flipped.Before then you were a child, and now you're an adult. And IIRC it's about at age 14 that these sorts of tests become viable? This thread isn't about 13-y/o Elfboy, anyway.

A lot of people have switches flip at around that age. Happened when I was 14 or 15 and decided to rein in my Te, calm my 1w2 evangelizing tendencies, and stop being so goddamn judgmental. Didn't change types, but definitely jumped a few levels on the Enneagram development scale. I've heard tell of kids becoming extroverts as they get older, too.

You might still be that fearful kid, type-wise and however else. You don't vibe like that on the forum at all -- but then again, you vibe so much blatantly created image, that it's hard to know how much of that is just what you want people to see. That's why I thought you were a 3, before, and not a 7.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't look like descriptions of a Fi-dom child as a child either. Most of those descriptions are off.

Ne adults I knew as children were rather sweet & upbeat as children. They liked people & were positive & forward-thinking. They got more rebellious as teens.

As for e-gram, e7s can be very pain/anxiety avoidant which can mean avoiding conflicts with people( cp e6 might be more likely to confront a bully). They are usually upbeat & happy as kids because they like pleasure (which includes BEING pleasing & fun), albeit attention-seeking & loud too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's been years and years since that switch was flipped.Before then you were a child, and now you're an adult. And IIRC it's about at age 14 that these sorts of tests become viable? This thread isn't about 13-y/o Elfboy, anyway.
A lot of people have switches flip at around that age. Happened when I was 14 or 15 and decided to rein in my Te, calm my 1w2 evangelizing tendencies, and stop being so goddamn judgmental. Didn't change types, but definitely jumped a few levels on the Enneagram development scale. I've heard tell of kids becoming extroverts as they get older, too.
this is an example of you curbing natural tendencies you had since birth, I'm talking about developing completely new natural tendencies all together. and, since natural tendencies are most of what we type enneagram off of, it makes doing so difficult when the issues I struggle with now are so different now from when I was a child.

You might still be that fearful kid, type-wise and however else. You don't vibe like that on the forum at all -- but then again, you vibe so much blatantly created image, that it's hard to know how much of that is just what you want people to see. That's why I thought you were a 3, before, and not a 7.
none of it is blatantly created

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

if we were studying my personality within the last seven years, 8 would be the obvious choice. thing is though, I was completely different as a kid. I was relatively obedient, I would get frightened and run away when kids would bully me (even though I was still very angry. I'd usually regret it later) and had a sweet, cuddly, Christopher Robin-esque personality most of the time (though a bit more elitist and bitchy lol).
up until my teens, I would have typed myself as INFP 6w7 or 9w1>2w3 Sx/Sp (I actually didn't resemble an Ne dom child at all. my demeanor was more like Harry Potter lol). I looked about as triple Id as Scott fucking Pilgrim :laugh:

it wasn't until around 14 when suddenly a switch flipped and I became similar to how I am now almost within 24 hours (to this day, no idea what the fuck happened, but I've never been the same since)

Then I would say counterphobic 6.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then I would say counterphobic 6.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's my core. I struggle more with entitlement, grandiose delusion, "grass is greener" syndrome and irresponsibility more than insecurity. even in the part about my childhood, I always had an unrealistically high opinion of myself and believed "I need to pamper myself because no one else is going to"
cp 6 wing on the other hand? definitely

ftr, I actually like healthy cp6s more than 7s. healthy cp6 are courageous and heroic in a way that 7 or 8 will never be.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I can't believe people are typing [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] at 3 or 6 on this thread.... he seems like such an obvious 7 to me. I don't see any blatantly created image at all... he is exactly who he is, and very straight-forward about it in a 7ish way.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe people are typing [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] at 3 or 6 on this thread.... he seems like such an obvious 7 to me. I don't see any blatantly created image at all... he is exactly who he is, and very straight-forward about it in a 7ish way.

in there defense, I don't think [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] meant the cp6 typing in an insulting way (especially as he is one). what I mentioned was indeed a manifestation of the p/cp spectrum of my 6 wing.

thanks though :hug:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Don't see 9 at all, don't see 1 at all. Could see 8w9, but the descriptions I've read of 8w7 sound a lot more like you.

*returns to magic lamp*
This. I don't get any superego or withdrawn vibe at all from his posts.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
in there defense, I don't think [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] meant the cp6 typing in an insulting way (especially as he is one). what I mentioned was indeed a manifestation of the p/cp spectrum of my 6 wing.

thanks though :hug:
Oh it's not an insult at all. I realized recently my close friend, the only person in the world who I have allowed to read my novel in its entirety as a first draft because I trust her THAT much, is a Cp-6. Meanwhile my nemesis is a 7w6. So it's not meant as a complement or an insult. It's just that you are *such* a 7. I guess I can see how you'd come off slightly Cp-6 being that you have a 6 wing and IMO a gut-fix 8.

The thing about the creating your own image was especially strange though... I've always read you as particularly straight-forward. Again, not an insult to anyone else... 3s can be something to behold.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I'm gonna weigh in here, if opinions are still relevant. I don't much like to type people online, since I think it's a futile endeavor, but I'll put in my two cents, anyway.

I know you from other forums, and tbh, I've always seen some sort of 8-connection in you based on your self-reporting and outlook on life. I don't know if it's a wing or a fix. Things you've related while you've typed as a 1-fixer sound a lot like the way I experience my 8-fix--It seems to constitute a large part of your self-image and fantasy life. So, I don't rule it out for you. But, as a 7, you also have a 1-connection, so it's important to separate one from the other.

If you were 8-fixed, I'd almost want to give you a 4-fix, which would make you a "reactive" 7 (a characterization I know you resist). I fail to see you as being triple id--though you'd know yourself better in this regard. You strike me as being super-chill in a lot of ways--even lazy--and you try to maintain a cool, level head about things (stop me if I'm wrong). Sounds more like someone influenced by competency types than a reactive type. But again, you know yourself better in this regard.

Do you find yourself identifying with any particular tritype, btw? I find it to be accurate in my case. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I'm gonna weigh in here, if opinions are still relevant. I don't much like to type people online, since I think it's a futile endeavor, but I'll put in my two cents, anyway.

I know you from other forums, and tbh, I've always seen some sort of 8-connection in you based on your self-reporting and outlook on life. I don't know if it's a wing or a fix. Things you've related while you've typed as a 1-fixer sound a lot like the way I experience my 8-fix--It seems to constitute a large part of your self-image and fantasy life. So, I don't rule it out for you. But, as a 7, you also have a 1-connection, so it's important to separate one from the other.

If you were 8-fixed, I'd almost want to give you a 4-fix, which would make you a "reactive" 7 (a characterization I know you resist). I fail to see you as being triple id--though you'd know yourself better in this regard. You strike me as being super-chill in a lot of ways--even lazy--and you try to maintain a cool, level head about things (stop me if I'm wrong). Sounds more like someone influenced by competency types than a reactive type. But again, you know yourself better in this regard.
this is why I don't see the 8 fix. 8's anger is more thoughtless and reactive (even if not necessarily easily provoked). my anger is like a judge. I can be just as swift and merciless as an 8 fixer if I need to be, but take more time to decide whether or not the person is guilty and what punishment fits the crime. I see people who loose their temper as weak and immature.
another aspect of the 1 fix is, I'm get into political debates (though more debates over political ideology than current social issues). I tend to bitch about people's inconsiderate or disrespectful behavior in a very 1-ish way

Do you find yourself identifying with any particular tritype, btw? I find it to be accurate in my case. Maybe it'll work for you, too.
I relate to 748 and, to an extent 728 and 738.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is why I don't see the 8 fix. 8's anger is more thoughtless and reactive (even if not necessarily easily provoked). my anger is like a judge. I can be just as swift and merciless as an 8 fixer if I need to be, but take more time to decide whether or not the person is guilty and what punishment fits the crime. I see people who loose their temper as weak and immature.
Well, be careful. I'm 8-fixed myself, and I wouldn't describe my wrath as "swift and merciless"--I can have a sharp edge and snap at people, but I'm hardly the Mongol army. I, too, care about fairness in whatever punishments I distribute--as a teacher, I've distributed many.

As to uncontrolled rage, I've been driven to physical violence against someone exactly once in my life, and I promise you I was fully in control of that, calculating my blows for maximum effect with the least permanent damage (and hence trouble for me)--beyond that, I try to keep my peace. So being 8-fixed doesn't necessarily mean you're a wild berserker destroying everything in your path. I personally feel a bit embarrassed by people shooting off their tempers, myself, esp in public. Not gonna solve your problem to do that.

I don't know how a core 8 would feel in the above circumstances, but you and I are not core 8s, anyway, and we're both connected to 1.

I'm not ruling you one way or the other, but these are things to consider.

another aspect of the 1 fix is, I'm get into political debates (though more debates over political ideology than current social issues). I tend to bitch about people's inconsiderate or disrespectful behavior in a very 1-ish way
Well, I bitch about that stuff, too. It DOES seem 1ish, and I definitely see your reasons for not wanting an to declare an 8-fix.

Perhaps it's best to look at motivations--as a 7, you're going to share some 8ish motivations anyway. The key is, do 1ish motives play a role for you? Or is it mostly behaviors?

I relate to 748 and, to an extent 728 and 738.
Not 731, though? Maybe you are a 748--I don't know you personally enough to make that call.

Also, what are your thoughts on having a 9-fix?

Burger King

Also, what are your thoughts on having a 9-fix?

Dude posted a vid once. He's right in that he ain't an 8-fixer. Gut fix is in the 1/9 area. I would've guessed 9w1 in the way that he comes across. Everything else is ideal-self image, persona shenanigans. Any 8ness in him seems to be a conscious process, a learning if you will, to assert boundaries. Just my personal observation and opinion.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude posted a vid once. He's right in that he ain't an 8-fixer. Gut fix is in the 1/9 area. I would've guessed 9w1 in the way that he comes across. Everything else is ideal-self image, persona shenanigans. Any 8ness in him seems to be a conscious process, a learning if you will, to assert boundaries. Just my personal observation and opinion.
OK, thanks for weighing in.

I'm interested in Elfboy's thoughts on the matter as well, though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
yes, I do relate to the motivations of 1. I see myself as a divine justice fighter of sorts. when someone insults me, it's usually more the principle of the matter that frustrates me and draws me into arguments.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
yes, I do relate to the motivations of 1. I see myself as a divine justice fighter of sorts. when someone insults me, it's usually more the principle of the matter that frustrates me and draws me into arguments.

That's most likely your fix, then. Call me up if you ever want more thoughts on this matter ;)