First 234

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in there defense, I don't think @highlander meant the cp6 typing in an insulting way (especially as he is one). what I mentioned was indeed a manifestation of the p/cp spectrum of my 6 wing.

thanks though
    Oh it's not an insult at all. I realized recently my close friend, the only person in the world who I have allowed to read my novel in its entirety as a first draft because I trust her THAT much, is a Cp-6. Meanwhile my nemesis is a 7w6. So it's not meant as a complement or an insult. It's just that you are *such* a 7. I guess I can see how you'd come off slightly Cp-6 being that you have a 6 wing and IMO a gut-fix 8.

The thing about the creating your own image was especially strange though... I've always read you as particularly straight-forward. Again, not an insult to anyone else... 3s can be something to behold.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Elfboy

I'm gonna weigh in here, if opinions are still relevant. I don't much like to type people online, since I think it's a futile endeavor, but I'll put in my two cents, anyway.

I know you from other forums, and tbh, I've always seen some sort of 8-connection in you based on your self-reporting and outlook on life. I don't know if it's a wing or a fix. Things you've related while you've typed as a 1-fixer sound a lot like the way I experience my 8-fix--It seems to constitute a large part of your self-image and fantasy life. So, I don't rule it out for you. But, as a 7, you also have a 1-connection, so it's important to separate one from the other.

If you were 8-fixed, I'd almost want to give you a 4-fix, which would make you a "reactive" 7 (a characterization I know you resist). I fail to see you as being triple id--though you'd know yourself better in this regard. You strike me as being super-chill in a lot of ways--even lazy--and you try to maintain a cool, level head about things (stop me if I'm wrong). Sounds more like someone influenced by competency types than a reactive type. But again, you know yourself better in this regard.

Do you find yourself identifying with any particular tritype, btw? I find it to be accurate in my case. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    @Elfboy

I'm gonna weigh in here, if opinions are still relevant. I don't much like to type people online, since I think it's a futile endeavor, but I'll put in my two cents, anyway.

I know you from other forums, and tbh, I've always seen some sort of 8-connection in you based on your self-reporting and outlook on life. I don't know if it's a wing or a fix. Things you've related while you've typed as a 1-fixer sound a lot like the way I experience my 8-fix--It seems to constitute a large part of your self-image and fantasy life. So, I don't rule it out for you. But, as a 7, you also have a 1-connection, so it's important to separate one from the other.

If you were 8-fixed, I'd almost want to give you a 4-fix, which would make you a "reactive" 7 (a characterization I know you resist). I fail to see you as being triple id--though you'd know yourself better in this regard. You strike me as being super-chill in a lot of ways--even lazy--and you try to maintain a cool, level head about things (stop me if I'm wrong). Sounds more like someone influenced by competency types than a reactive type. But again, you know yourself better in this regard.
    this is why I don't see the 8 fix. 8's anger is more thoughtless and reactive (even if not necessarily easily provoked). my anger is like a judge. I can be just as swift and merciless as an 8 fixer if I need to be, but take more time to decide whether or not the person is guilty and what punishment fits the crime. I see people who loose their temper as weak and immature.
    another aspect of the 1 fix is, I'm get into political debates (though more debates over political ideology than current social issues). I tend to bitch about people's inconsiderate or disrespectful behavior in a very 1-ish way

Do you find yourself identifying with any particular tritype, btw? I find it to be accurate in my case. Maybe it'll work for you, too.
    I relate to 748 and, to an extent 728 and 738.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

this is why I don't see the 8 fix. 8's anger is more thoughtless and reactive (even if not necessarily easily provoked). my anger is like a judge. I can be just as swift and merciless as an 8 fixer if I need to be, but take more time to decide whether or not the person is guilty and what punishment fits the crime. I see people who loose their temper as weak and immature.
    Well, be careful. I'm 8-fixed myself, and I wouldn't describe my wrath as "swift and merciless"--I can have a sharp edge and snap at people, but I'm hardly the Mongol army. I, too, care about fairness in whatever punishments I distribute--as a teacher, I've distributed many.

As to uncontrolled rage, I've been driven to physical violence against someone exactly once in my life, and I promise you I was fully in control of that, calculating my blows for maximum effect with the least permanent damage (and hence trouble for me)--beyond that, I try to keep my peace. So being 8-fixed doesn't necessarily mean you're a wild berserker destroying everything in your path. I personally feel a bit embarrassed by people shooting off their tempers, myself, esp in public. Not gonna solve your problem to do that.

I don't know how a core 8 would feel in the above circumstances, but you and I are not core 8s, anyway, and we're both connected to 1.

I'm not ruling you one way or the other, but these are things to consider.

another aspect of the 1 fix is, I'm get into political debates (though more debates over political ideology than current social issues). I tend to bitch about people's inconsiderate or disrespectful behavior in a very 1-ish way
    Well, I bitch about that stuff, too. It DOES seem 1ish, and I definitely see your reasons for not wanting an to declare an 8-fix.

Perhaps it's best to look at motivations--as a 7, you're going to share some 8ish motivations anyway. The key is, do 1ish motives play a role for you? Or is it mostly behaviors?

I relate to 748 and, to an extent 728 and 738.
    Not 731, though? Maybe you are a 748--I don't know you personally enough to make that call.

Also, what are your thoughts on having a 9-fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Also, what are your thoughts on having a 9-fix?
    Dude posted a vid once. He's right in that he ain't an 8-fixer. Gut fix is in the 1/9 area. I would've guessed 9w1 in the way that he comes across. Everything else is ideal-self image, persona shenanigans. Any 8ness in him seems to be a conscious process, a learning if you will, to assert boundaries. Just my personal observation and opinion.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Dude posted a vid once. He's right in that he ain't an 8-fixer. Gut fix is in the 1/9 area. I would've guessed 9w1 in the way that he comes across. Everything else is ideal-self image, persona shenanigans. Any 8ness in him seems to be a conscious process, a learning if you will, to assert boundaries. Just my personal observation and opinion.
    OK, thanks for weighing in.

I'm interested in Elfboy's thoughts on the matter as well, though.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Sanjuro
    yes, I do relate to the motivations of 1. I see myself as a divine justice fighter of sorts. when someone insults me, it's usually more the principle of the matter that frustrates me and draws me into arguments.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

@Sanjuro
    yes, I do relate to the motivations of 1. I see myself as a divine justice fighter of sorts. when someone insults me, it's usually more the principle of the matter that frustrates me and draws me into arguments.
    That's most likely your fix, then. Call me up if you ever want more thoughts on this matter