1) Generally, I positively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. Though I may find it either overwhelming, because of my astute awareness of what lies beyond my own interests, or inspiring. Yes, definitely. I also have a clear vision of how groups, intentionally or unintentionally, can be very harmful - in either way, more than the sum of their parts.
2) I am very aware of the impact my decision will have on others and can be quite attuned to their reactions and needs. I read people well. I am very aware that everything I do impacts others. I am not always exactly sure how, though I can usually make a good guess. I'm okay at reading people from a distance, and better at reading them when interacting.
3) Being recognized or valued by my peers or community, for my contributions, is important to me. Definitely.
4) I tend to have strong opinions on social change and/or social constructs and trends. I'm not entirely sure what this means. I want to say yes, but more in terms of constructs than trends. I'm not always the most up-to-date.
5) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also power structures and the nature of bonds between other people. I have a deep understanding of interconnectedness between groups and people who comprise them. In other words, I am good at perceiving the many facets of how a group works within its context and outside of it. I easily pick up on how I fit into the social hierarchy, whether or not I approve of it. I think so. I don't think I've ever really struggled with this. I have a fairly clear sense of hierarchy.
6) I am socially aware, but I can also be reserved and socially distant. For the most part, I think. I'm still socially awk sometimes.
7) If I gravitate towards group (s)/institution (s)/gathering(s)of my choosing, I can be quite involved with championing the values and goals of this grouping.Very.
8) I tend to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance.Not at all. I like to keep up with the news within my sphere of interaction but I am a general current event awareness failure on the whole.
9) At my worst I am either strongly conformist or excessively anti-society/counter culture. At my best, my relationships with others are ones of healthy interdependence, and I may be inclined to strong individual leadership or display deep commitment in establishing teamwork and collaboration. Eh, somewhat? At worst I'm essentially transparent, an avenue for the opinions and agendas of those I want to please, or rebelling against them. At my best, I'm motivating, helping individuals tap into their sense of inspiration to move forwards.
10) "no man is an island." Everything is part of an interconnected web, like it or not. Absolutely.
1) I have an addictive personality I definitely have tendencies. I'm not full-blown, but I slip.
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" Somewhat. I like really getting into things, but too far into excess spoils it. A lot of times I will push in something to excess so that I know I've gotten all the enjoyment I can out of it. But then at the end, it's not as pleasing, of course. I guess that's the point at which sp finally kicks in and is like, hey, this actually sucks. I wish I had a better grasp on my satiation so I could just stop at the maximum point of pleasure.
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly)a Oh, no, not really. I've never had anyone express that. But I feel like I naturally hold back a lot.
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". Somewhat... not completely. when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" Absolutely. and I try to start a conversation with that person. Maybe - probably I'll try to ease into interaction. Maybe try to prompt someone else to introduce us.
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be. 110%.
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility Yes, definitely.
7) I have strong impulses (particularly with regards to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful
But - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol6WLWNhWjk
The counter-question. Will you still love me... will I still love you?
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead [b]If I'm not in a relationship, I'm probably pursuing one, or I'm mired in something else. I don't know what it would be like to be without that.
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life I feel alive when I'm doing things that seem pleasurable and important, that echo my values. That could be anything from starting a new program to going out with family or friends to curling up for the night with my SO. Regardless, I always end up neglecting sp because I just don't care about it short of sx and so.
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not Not really. I don't feel like I'm super quiet but I don't generate a lot of controversy, either, even when I'm being controversial.