• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TOo much NE

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A good way to tell whether you are an SP is to ask yourself if you are always in the moment, if you prefer "local" contexts to "global". Se will also be more practical than Ne. Do you ever enjoy asking people questions that have no immediate applicability, like "Where would you go if time travel was real?"

Don't take Se to mean dumb. It doesn't mean that, it just means that the focus is different.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
A good way to tell whether you are an SP is to ask yourself if you are always in the moment, if you prefer "local" contexts to "global". Se will also be more practical than Ne. Do you ever enjoy asking people questions that have no immediate applicability, like "Where would you go if time travel was real?"

Don't take Se to mean dumb. It doesn't mean that, it just means that the focus is different.

I know. Yes I do I've asked such questions before. Also I speculate about when the corporations take over the government and what that will mean. or when china over throws us

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know. Yes I do I've asked such questions before. Also I speculate about when the corporations take over the government and what that will mean. or when china over throws us

I'd say you're an xNFP, for sure, then. I'm inclined to say ENFP, because, although I've never seen a particular instance of this, it would not be difficult to see you having inferior Si.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'd say you're an xNFP, for sure, then. I'm inclined to say ENFP, because, although I've never seen a particular instance of this, it would not be difficult to see you having inferior Si.

Yeah, its complicated because i have sooo much Ne but my exterior is very reserved and unexpressive. are a lot of ENFPs like this?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're just ADD or something in addition to the mental illness you mentioned. Also I think if your condition causes you to be more in your head than usual, which I suspect it does, I think your Ne would develop to balance it out. Is this close to your theory?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think you're just ADD or something in addition to the mental illness you mentioned. Also I think if your condition causes you to be more in your head than usual, which I suspect it does, I think your Ne would develop to balance it out. Is this close to your theory?

I wish i was ADD sometimes but i'm not. yeah that makes sense not how i would have worded it. but yeah basically what i'm thinking, well i'm saying this because i honestly forgot what i was thinking.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish i was ADD sometimes but i'm not. yeah that makes sense not how i would have worded it. but yeah basically what i'm thinking, well i'm saying this because i honestly forgot what i was thinking.
So then in the system someone once mentioned in which the functions aren't strictly tied to type, you could be an Ne dominant introvert. I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory, but I think the truth is close to it in that functions are kind of fluid.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So then in the system someone once mentioned in which the functions aren't strictly tied to type, you could be an Ne dominant introvert. I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory, but I think the truth is close to it in that functions are kind of fluid.

yeah i'm fluid very fluidy i go through cracks and seep into your rug and damage your house. Sorry I could see the Ne dominant introvert for myself to get back on track.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, its complicated because i have sooo much Ne but my exterior is very reserved and unexpressive. are a lot of ENFPs like this?

I've known a few people whom I suspect were ENFPs who weren't terribly outgoing. They simply seemed to be Ne doms, rather than Fi doms.

I wonder if "functional stacking" is real. It seems hard to determine which function is in what order.

I think the functions are real, and I think people have preferences for some functions over others, but I'm not sure that they stack up in the neat, orderly way that the theories suggest.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i'm fluid very fluidy i go through cracks and seep into your rug and damage your house. Sorry I could see the Ne dominant introvert for myself to get back on track.

You're also a Scorpio, which is a water sign. :D Haha I profile stalked you. Ne...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've known a few people who I suspect were ENFPs who weren't terribly outgoing. They simply seemed to be Ne doms, rather than Fi doms.

I wonder if "functional stacking" is real. It seems hard to determine which function is in what order.

I think the functions are real, and I think people have preferences for some functions over others, but I'm not sure that they stack up in the neat, orderly way that the theories suggest.
I think there is a certain order/stacking which is most stable and natural, which is the order the functions most often line up in. But they like to move around in response to different situations, and then their partner functions interact (like Ni responds to Se and so on), but they have a place where they feel most comfortable. Kind of like...a communal living place where people are always in each other's rooms because they like each other a lot, but they each have their own.

Standuble

I would suggest you study Fi some more and try and slow down and catch yourself evaluating. With the INFP everything Ne determines is fed through a machine which calculates its worth to you. Trust me, Fi dominance is really hard to miss in yourself if you know what you're looking for (I would use an example of a skyscraper sitting in the middle of a field.) Also, try and think back to your childhood - one of the two would have been absent.

Fi-dom rules your inner world with an iron fist. Nothing inside your conscious mind will escape its evaluation and when it provides the results you can't ignore them. You aren't allowed to have any thought or emotion without Fi having its way and determining what you really think or feel about them. It's quite the dictator and it will be honest if you are walking down the wrong path. Even if you see it as a device which produces bias, impracticality and irrationality you are literally incapable of ignoring the conclusions it will come to.

If you identify with the above then maybe you are an INFP or maybe I have mental health issues unrelated to MBTI. Probably one of those two.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would suggest you study Fi some more and try and slow down and catch yourself evaluating. With the INFP everything Ne determines is fed through a machine which calculates its worth to you. Trust me, Fi dominance is really hard to miss in yourself if you know what you're looking for (I would use an example of a skyscraper sitting in the middle of a field.) Also, try and think back to your childhood - one of the two would have been absent.

Fi-dom rules your inner world with an iron fist. Nothing inside your conscious mind will escape its evaluation and when it provides the results you can't ignore them. You aren't allowed to have any thought or emotion without Fi having its way and determining what you really think or feel about them. It's quite the dictator and it will be honest if you are walking down the wrong path. Even if you see it as a device which produces bias, impracticality and irrationality you are literally incapable of ignoring the conclusions it will come to.

If you identify with the above then maybe you are an INFP or maybe I have mental health issues unrelated to MBTI. Probably one of those two.

don't relate fully sorry :shrug:

Standuble

don't relate fully sorry :shrug:

Well then you should consider ENFP instead and to be on the safe side I may consider seeing a psychiatrist. Just so all bases are covered. Fi for the ENFP is a supporting character, it comes along for the ride on whichever Ne journey you are on and gives little nuggets of advice and suggestions on how to proceed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well then you should consider ENFP instead and to be on the safe side I may consider seeing a psychiatrist. Just so all bases are covered. Fi for the ENFP is a supporting character, it comes along for the ride on whichever Ne journey you are on and gives little nuggets of advice and suggestions on how to proceed.
will do, and nah i'm the screwed up one if anything. I have doctor's proof

Standuble

will do, and nah i'm the screwed up one if anything. I have doctor's proof

That only means that you went to see the doctor (sane thing to do.) Many people know they have issues but still do not seek help for them.