User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: TOo much NE

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    That only means that you went to see the doctor (sane thing to do.) Many people know they have issues but still do not seek help for them.
    who said it was my choice to go?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    who said it was my choice to go?
    Lol I never mentioned it being your choice. All I said is that you went to see the doctor and that it was probably the saner path of two.

MBTI
    yupp

Lol I never mentioned it being your choice. All I said is that you went to see the doctor and that it was probably the saner path of two.
    I was committed 2 years ago I reaaallllyyy didn't have a choice in the matter.

all I'm saying that i wouldn't go to a psychiatrist for the reason you mentioned.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I was committed 2 years ago I reaaallllyyy didn't have a choice in the matter.

all I'm saying that i wouldn't go to a psychiatrist for the reason you mentioned.
    That's fair enough. In any case underlying mental health issues can make determining your type difficult. I often have issues with neuroticism and the inner emotional storm can cloud my mind and can either make my Fi harder to hear or make it so obeying the Fi becomes too painful. I had a serious issue with this last year when I became strongly infatuated with a colleague of mine. My Fi demanded autonomy whilst my emotions didn't. The function mechanics are from what I understand the cogs of your psyche after the baggage is removed and by detaching yourself from any issues or emotions you may have (even if for just a moment) will allow you to come to gain some indight into determining what your mind prefers to use.

MBTI
    yupp

That's fair enough. In any case underlying mental health issues can make determining your type difficult. I often have issues with neuroticism and the inner emotional storm can cloud my mind and can either make my Fi harder to hear or make it so obeying the Fi becomes too painful. I had a serious issue with this last year when I became strongly infatuated with a colleague of mine. My Fi demanded autonomy whilst my emotions didn't. The function mechanics are from what I understand the cogs of your psyche after the baggage is removed and by detaching yourself from any issues or emotions you may have (even if for just a moment) will allow you to come to gain some indight into determining what your mind prefers to use.
    yeah unfortunatley what i have is progressive so before it got to the point it is now I was clearly INFP and meds do help to a point but i go off them at times and have worse and worse episodes and each time I swear my Ne becomes stronger after.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

yeah unfortunatley what i have is progressive so before it got to the point it is now I was clearly INFP and meds do help to a point but i go off them at times and have worse and worse episodes and each time I swear my Ne becomes stronger after.
    Hmm, you say you were clearly INFP yet was not able to relate to my experiences of Fi-dominance mentioned in the previous post? Perhaps my descriptions and understanding of it are off the mark. In any case keep reading up about the functions. You type has not changed so if you exhibited INFPness (whatever that is) at many points in your life rather than in just isolated periods then you probably are one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So then in the system someone once mentioned in which the functions aren't strictly tied to type, you could be an Ne dominant introvert. I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory, but I think the truth is close to it in that functions are kind of fluid.

As a former "Ne dominant introvert," I offer pillow slaps for anyone who even dare use the expression, even if you yourself don't fully subscribe to it. It's like saying you cooked a pepperoni-dominant vegetarian pizza, it just doesn't work that way (and no, the pepperoni isn't synthetic). The functions are sort of fluid, but you can't be an extraversion-dominant introvert. I think what you brought up about ADD is a valid point though, just because Ne is so often mixed up with ADD or just general mental chaos (and this is why some people also mistake it to be a problem)...... it's actual intuition, despite sometimes having odd ways about it.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    As a former "Ne dominant introvert," I offer pillow slaps for anyone who even dare use the expression, even if you yourself don't fully subscribe to it. It's like saying you cooked a pepperoni-dominant vegetarian pizza, it just doesn't work that way (and no, the pepperoni isn't synthetic). The functions are sort of fluid, but you can't be an extraversion-dominant introvert. I think what you brought up about ADD is a valid point though, just because Ne is so often mixed up with ADD or just general mental chaos (and this is why some people also mistake it to be a problem)...... it's actual intuition, despite sometimes having odd ways about it.
    Yeah. I don't really think it's a good system, whatever it is. It does seem kind of contradictory.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

*mod edit: rude personal comment removed*
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 06-19-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: mod edit
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    yupp

example of what i'm like 90% of the time in a stable state or mostly stable state:

personally not knowing a lot i feel i come across as more subdued but eh that could mean nothing
    Last edited by prplchknz; 06-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all