• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firelord Vetani seeks your help finding his inner fire. Click here to ignite!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello everyone!

It's me, Vetani, making a type-me thread after a year of not making one. I know I've got a bad rep in the past for doing such things, but I'm putting that behind me now; considering how I've prioritized living life as compared to finding myself. It's been nice to live life and not brood on your identity attached to a label, but once in a while it'd be nice to check in. This is one of those moments.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, carrying it over from 2011 I've never REALLY related to any type -- I saw myself in a lot of different types. Because of this, I kept changing my type in order to feel "secure" about my image, but then I quickly realized that human nature is dynamic. Different faces for different places; it's just a matter of how comfortable you are playing with that face.

Now, it's like... I'm constantly being put into situations that require me to put a lot of different masks, such that I don't have any preference for a given mask. I'm able to be what people want me to be, and I don't really know what I like; it's more about what's best for the situation and how to adapt.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To put it simply, I want a better life. I know there's much more to life than playing games and working in an office or going to class... I want to travel the world and explore new things.

But I won't do it alone. It's always better to go through that experience with someone you dearly love.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hmm, generally, it's usually when I hang out with friends in town that I feel at my finest. I'm actually living -- hearing the sounds of the bustling crowd and the moving cars, having a good time and talking with my friends over ice cream and going out to see different things. It's nice to go out after being cooped up in an office all day.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When someone has something I don't have... or when someone gets to actually LIVE instead of being cooped up in an office. As much as I don't like partying, I get jealous when people go to a party or something. Where they get to kiss random boys and have a good time dancing to music while intoxicated.

It's a little ironic considering how I HATE alcohol... but yeah, you get the idea. Ideally, my way would consist of going around the world jet-setting and backpacking through different landscapes to explore new lands, try different cuisines, do stuff like scuba dive or snorkeling or like, riding on a camel or something.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Generally I think about:

- what I stand to gain out of a said decision
- what are the pros and cons
- what could go wrong if I act on a said decision
- what the different alternatives are available other than the said decision
- what to do when shit happens
- hope for the best

My mind is very paranoid.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Depends on the project. But usually, I don't care about doing things perfectly or anything like that. I just want to get it done, and as long as it's reasonably correct, it's fine. There are other, more interesting things to do.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Oh! I remember this one very clearly.

I was in Indonesia for a service learning trip; a group of 40 of us college students were sent to teach little Indonesian kids some English, and build a brick fence near the school field. When it rains, it tends to flood the school, so yeah.

So it was our last day at the village school, and the sweet kids sang us an English song... I was so touched because they actually bothered to sing us a song in a language we're supposed to teach them; whether they knew the meaning of the song or not was irrelevant. It was the thought that counts, and I thought that was sweet of them.

This is coming from a person who normally doesn't like kids.

So we were going back to our dorm rooms atop water (it's like a tropical beach resort, just that there happens to be just 40 school kids and some teachers; AND IT WAS ONLY US! A whole island to ourselves!) but there wasn't enough boats to carry us from the river to the main sea. The tide was very low, and the bigger boat couldn't come into the small river.

There were like, 5 of us, I think? One of which was my crush (whom I have no interest with now), and I was like "I'll follow him wherever he goes as long as I get to see him". While the other students were on the boat, we went river walking.

Yep, we walked in the waist-deep river all the way to the main sea.

It was an interesting experience, and it's one that I'll never forget because you don't get to walk in a river everyday, and the best part is you GET TO WALK IN A RIVER WITH YOUR CRUSH, AND you get to feel the sand shifting through your feet, the sounds of the splashing water, the sight of the nearby trees... it was surreal. I wasn't feeling, I wasn't thinking; I was living.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I need to see the whole picture; a general outline of what the material is about, before I can zoom in. It's like when you're looking at a picture of a person, you see the their visage first, and then as I look closer, I begin to see the tiny wrinkles and pores that make up that person's face. So it's a little like a jigsaw puzzle.

Give me how the puzzle looks like, and then I will see the different creases that link to each other, and then I'll take it all out and piece it back together to my understanding.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm organized in the sense that everything has its space, but within that space, the objects are allowed to roam freely. Like, take for instance my cutlery drawer: in it, you put the cutlery, but I don't organize it into spoons, forks, knives; I just dump them all in and sift it out when the need arises.

I'm not THAT OCD, but I have a sense of where everything is supposed to be.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I pick apart on how logically sound it is. It has to make sense. Premise A must follow Premise B to reach a conclusion. Though, I only do this when I'm feeling critical.

Most of the time, when I listen to new ideas, I think of what I can gain out of that new idea. If it's something good, I'm all in.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Lol, usually when I'm in a big group of people I don't know, I usually laugh along and respond to people; but I don't contribute/direct the flow of conversation. I've been known to have quite a sharp tongue, so by not contributing anything I reduce the risk of hurting myself and others.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I don't know. I do both.

Usually if I'm with a group of people I don't know, I tend to keep my thoughts to myself to prevent hurting others with my less-than-tactful words; in this case, I think before I speak. With people I do know, I tend to shoot whatever's on my brain because I'm comfortable with them, and they won't hurt me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Depends. If I don't know the people I tend to be cautious, if I do know the people I'm a little more adventurous.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

GO OUT DUH!!! I actually get to live and interact with my friends; totally beats sitting on your couch doing nothing but watch TV. Active vs Passive, brah.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get paranoid. I freak out. I withdraw. I start blaming myself for everything that went wrong, knowing that I could have controlled it better to make it such that it's NOT this way.

Then I spiral into this moody/manic state where I brood about everything that went wrong and then laugh about the stupid things I've done, and then back to brooding. It's an unpleasant cycle. I don't like to be alone with nothing to do for this reason.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Bigotry, hypocrisy and ignorance.

I can't take you seriously if you don't practice what you preach -- this is the reason why I dropped my religion because I didn't see the point of calling myself a Muslim when I don't even practice it and the life I intend to leads goes against the morals of being a Muslim.

It pisses me off when I see people on Twitter who preach how people should not gossip, be modest in their clothing and yada yada, when they themselves dress in revealing tank tops and bitch about that annoying classmate on Twitter or with friends.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

lol I like to talk about WoW and how to improve my performance as Destruction/Demonology Warlock or just WoW in general. I also like to talk about future plans, what's wrong with our lives and how to improve it, and have a poke at other people.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

If you've paid the least attention to something, chances are, you don't even know what is it that you pay the least attention to.

19) How do your friends perceive you?

My friends see me as someone who's knowledgeable, capable and willing to help. I can be a little flakey with regard to time commitment, but when it comes to knowledge, I'm more than willing to help. If people need my help for a certain question in the worksheet, I'd help them out -- tell them what I think is correct and why. It doesn't take more than 3 minutes and not only does someone else learn, you also get to reinforce your knowledge.

My family on the other hand.... they see me as heartless and calculating bitch. No emotion at all. This is because I don't see any reason for me to be nice to them other than having to live and tolerate them. They've caused me nothing but harm and they're not going to get a single cent's worth of empathy from me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I had the money, I'd pack my bags and go to NY. Meet my friends (and boy) there. Have a good time, going out and explore the city. Try good food, immerse in the atmosphere. Get a feel of the city, go shopping... just doing stuff that lets me live.

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15963]Aleda[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16406]Faceless Beauty[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

and everyone else... your input is really appreciated. You don't have to give me a full detailed analysis, but if you do, it's a welcome bonus. I'll be sure give everyone who replied a sticker and cookie. <3

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I just want to get it done, and as long as it's reasonably correct, it's fine. There are other, more interesting things to do.

It pisses me off when I see people on Twitter who preach how people should not gossip, be modest in their clothing and yada yada

Try good food, immerse in the atmosphere. Get a feel of the city, go shopping... just doing stuff that lets me live.

ExxP for sure. The fact that you don't like partiing with lots of alcohol could maybe indicate a Sp Dom preference. That's maybe why you confuse yourself with being an introvert. You don't like to do something alone and you don't like sitting around being alone with you. (GO OUT DUH!!! I actually get to live and interact with my friends; totally beats sitting on your couch doing nothing but watch TV. Active vs Passive, brah.)

Let's try another way to determine your type. Which careers would satisfy you the most? Name your Top 10.

G

garbage

I can pretty much see 3w4 sx/s?, and Fe in there somewhere. 3w4 is virtually a freakin' given. The 4 wing bleeds across your text as anything dealing with 4 is wont to do.

You're a bit more.. I dunno, 'jabby' with other people than me (maybe I need to learn to take a joke!?), but I see definite similarities.

I can elaborate after a bit more conversatin' in this thread

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see your Ti in this post. And I can't see you as Fe-inferior so ESTP works for me! Pretty sure on 3w4, too. For instincts I'd say either sx/so, sx/sp, or sp/sx. I got sp from your treatment of your family and aversion to alcohol but I don't know. :shrug: sx is pretty much given though. What I learned about myself from this post is that I should sometimes shut up about my partying and social outings and listen to more about what exciting things you have done in the day (I'm a gamer so hearing about some WoW despite not playing it would be pretty interesting).

Question: what other types have you considered yourself to be?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's try another way to determine your type. Which careers would satisfy you the most? Name your Top 10.

1. Travel writer at nowhere in particular
2. Copywriter at Ogilvy & Mather
3. Advertising Executive at Ogilvy & Mather
4. Automobile Journalist at nowhere in particular
5. Rich housewife at suburban NY

mmm, this is all I can think of. In general I'm pretty averse to taking up responsibility, but when I have to, I will do the best I can.

bologna said:
You're a bit more.. I dunno, 'jabby' with other people than me (maybe I need to learn to take a joke!?), but I see definite similarities.

Jabby? Like, I take a poke at everyone??? hahahahaha

bologna said:
The 4 wing bleeds across your text as anything dealing with 4 is wont to do.

O___O Never heard of that one before. Elaborate pls <3

Oh and MBTI me please :D

Chanaynay said:
What I learned about myself from this post is that I should sometimes shut up about my partying and social outings and listen to more about what exciting things you have done in the day

Hahahaha it's fine. You can talk about it -- it gives me something to do. I only get jealous when HEM HEM (you know who ;) ) talks about it.

Chanaynay said:
Question: what other types have you considered yourself to be?

ISTP, ENTJ, ESTJ o.o

These are all the types I've seriously considered; if you ask me what types I've tested so far.... that's a different matter.

To all the people who've replied so far, here are your cookies as promised:

And here are your stickers <3

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP 3w4 sp/sx

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15963]Aleda[/MENTION] [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

Thank you for your replies.... here are your warlock cookies and stickers!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you just give me moldy cookies? Try again please, and do better. Thank you.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
1. Travel writer at nowhere in particular
2. Copywriter at Ogilvy & Mather
3. Advertising Executive at Ogilvy & Mather
4. Automobile Journalist at nowhere in particular
5. Rich housewife at suburban NY

mmm, this is all I can think of. In general I'm pretty averse to taking up responsibility, but when I have to, I will do the best I can.

Lol housewife^^ I consider you as very free-spirited. You don't want to be bound and want the ability to decide by yourself when to work, or am I wrong? :thinking:
I can't imagine you as ExTJ, but as ExTP.

When working in a group, which role do you take usually - do you like to be the one who is making a concept and coming up with ideas or the one who wants to execute those concepts and ideas?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you just give me moldy cookies? Try again please, and do better. Thank you.

They're not moldy. They're infused with demon magic; you will get wings after eating that.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol housewife^^ I consider you as very free-spirited. You don't want to be bound and want the ability to decide by yourself when to work, or am I wrong? :thinking:
I can't imagine you as ExTJ, but as ExTP.

When working in a group, which role do you take usually - do you like to be the one who is making a concept and coming up with ideas or the one who wants to execute those concepts and ideas?

Depends what's needed of me. I can do both -- no preference.

and @ deciding on my own time to work: YESSSSSSSSSS. If I could, I'd squeeze all the work into one day, and have the rest of the time to myself.