User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 52

  1. #41
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    You are a hard person to type. Though I don't know you much your personality and presence is easily noticeable. However I still find it hard to type you. The closest I can come to is a estp female who is extremely comfortable here in the forum, (especially with a few people) who doesn't mind making/having issues with others. The last part is what adds to the confusion. Estps (esp females) indicate a clear desire to appear acceptable which you seem to lack (with the overall community). However you do seem to have this need with a chosen few and would readily get bitchy when your image is publicly threatened (but overall you have a 'i don't give a shit cus this is who I am' attitude). So maybe you are an obvious sx/so? And I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a counterphobic e6w7.

  2. #42
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    You are a hard person to type. Though I don't know you much your personality and presence is easily noticeable. However I still find it hard to type you. The closest I can come to is a estp female who is extremely comfortable here in the forum, (especially with a few people) who doesn't mind making/having issues with others. The last part is what adds to the confusion. Estps (esp females) indicate a clear desire to appear acceptable which you seem to lack (with the overall community). However you do seem to have this need with a chosen few and would readily get bitchy when your image is publicly threatened (but overall you have a 'i don't give a shit cus this is who I am' attitude). So maybe you are an obvious sx/so? And I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a counterphobic e6w7.
    Oh Riva.

    Whenever I read your posts I'm like "What the hell is he trying to say?"

    So you're saying I'm like a certain female ESTP (I assume it's @mrcockburn you're referring to); and that I lack this need to seek approval from others. And you're saying I get readily bitchy if my ego or image is threatened.

    While I don't really need approval from members here, I only get bitchy if I'm feeling confrontational. I'm not as reactive as before -- gotta keep up that composure, yo'.

    I was considering 6w7, but then I have a friend who's 6 and she knows a bit of enneagram + MBTI as well. She knows me the best out of everyone else on earth and she says I'm nothing like her. She said that I care more about what people think of me and how I want to be seen as an individual. And I don't freak out as easily as she does. :P
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    lol You're in an ESTP thread, get used to it!

    @Vetani

    the masks thing is an e3 trait. They often feel they need to give each person what that person wants in order to be appreciated.

    Didn't you type as 8 at one point? What happened there? I don't know enough about you to type you.

    random aside that must be shared:


  4. #44
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    @Vetani, I don't know very much about the characters you described because I don't play world of warcraft.

    Have you tried any of the other typical estp enneagrams like E7?

  5. #45
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post

    @Vetani

    the masks thing is an e3 trait. They often feel they need to give each person what that person wants in order to be appreciated.

    Didn't you type as 8 at one point? What happened there? I don't know enough about you to type you.
    I dropped 8 because I'm not really openly aggressive about controlling my surroundings. My room on the other hand, is a different story.

    I don't really want to control people either because it's tiring; I'd rather persuade them to do things than to outright control them. This way, they are more likely to do what you say, since you put it nicely and you don't have waste your energy watching over them all the time.

    Have you tried any of the other typical estp enneagrams like E7?
    I was thinking about 7 the other time but it's like ugh. I'm more composed and uptight as compared to the 7s around here. Compare @bologna and @Mane.

    You'll find that I'm closer to bologna than Mane.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    I dropped 8 because I'm not really openly aggressive about controlling my surroundings. My room on the other hand, is a different story.

    I don't really want to control people either because it's tiring; I'd rather persuade them to do things than to outright control them. This way, they are more likely to do what you say, since you put it nicely and you don't have waste your energy watching over them all the time.

    I was thinking about 7 the other time but it's like ugh. I'm more composed and uptight as compared to the 7s around here. Compare @bologna and @Mane.

    You'll find that I'm closer to bologna than Mane.
    Neither am I.

    Remember, E8's fear is "of being harmed or controlled." To me, the biggest way this manifests is how judgemental I am around new people. If its someone who is going to disrespect me or turn on me, I cut them out of my life forever. (This is actually a learned trait I've only implementented about 6 months ago.) Its not that I'm in peoples' faces screaming at them all the time aggression, its just that my actions are aggressive in themselves. I make absolute decisions.

    It comes in other ways. Compared to my E3 business partner, I'm a very cautious and paranoid individual. He's an ENFJ 3, and he trusts everyone in business and just says, "LETS DO THIS! HOORAY BUSINESS!" While I am telling him to slow the fuck down and I'm reminding him constantly that 90% of people in business will screw you over and you need to tread carefully.

  7. #47
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Vetani

    Yeah I was thinking that you were an ESTP but then I saw this shit...

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

    I need to see the whole picture; a general outline of what the material is about, before I can zoom in. It's like when you're looking at a picture of a person, you see the their visage first, and then as I look closer, I begin to see the tiny wrinkles and pores that make up that person's face. So it's a little like a jigsaw puzzle.

    Give me how the puzzle looks like, and then I will see the different creases that link to each other, and then I'll take it all out and piece it back together to my understanding.
    Seeing how everything relates to "the big picture" is an Ne dom thing. The ESTP's almost never see the big picture. They are so wrapped up in the moment that they aren't worrying about what's gonna happen years from now. In fact, most ESTP's that I have known find it counter-intuitive to see the big picture. The Se dom philosophy in life is to things as they come, because we can never know what tomorrow brings.

    In addition, you seem like you're the type of person who spends hours upon hours in your head analyzing things and trying to make sense of everything. This is not an ESTP thing. The ESTP way is to take pure action in a situation and they literally think while doing. Again, most ESTP's find it counter-intuitive to just sit there and analyze all day. The ESTP is much more gut-centered, and the ENTP tends to be more head-centered.

    You also probably have a strong 6 fix because you said this...

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    Generally I think about:

    - what I stand to gain out of a said decision
    - what are the pros and cons
    - what could go wrong if I act on a said decision
    - what the different alternatives are available other than the said decision
    - what to do when shit happens
    - hope for the best

    My mind is very paranoid.
    I'd also like to question why you believe yourself to be sx/so as opposed to so/sx. You seem to be very content in a group and tend to be the "go with the group" sort of person. This is more of a so/sx thing.

  8. #48
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Vetani

    Yeah I was thinking that you were an ESTP but then I saw this shit...



    Seeing how everything relates to "the big picture" is an Ne dom thing. The ESTP's almost never see the big picture. They are so wrapped up in the moment that they aren't worrying about what's gonna happen years from now. In fact, most ESTP's that I have known find it counter-intuitive to see the big picture. The Se dom philosophy in life is to things as they come, because we can never know what tomorrow brings.
    But it's like, I visualize everything so that I can literally see the picture. I think in images and I need that picture to make sense of what I'm seeing. It's the whole reason why I was never good at math.

    In addition, you seem like you're the type of person who spends hours upon hours in your head analyzing things and trying to make sense of everything. This is not an ESTP thing. The ESTP way is to take pure action in a situation and they literally think while doing. Again, most ESTP's find it counter-intuitive to just sit there and analyze all day. The ESTP is much more gut-centered, and the ENTP tends to be more head-centered.
    I've been told I overanalyze things, and that I'm much better functioning when I'm doing something.

    You also probably have a strong 6 fix because you said this...
    That, I won't contest.

    I'd also like to question why you believe yourself to be sx/so as opposed to so/sx. You seem to be very content in a group and tend to be the "go with the group" sort of person. This is more of a so/sx thing.
    I do it out of harmony. I don't really like groups as much as I like one-on-one convos, though.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  9. #49
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Vetani

    But it's like, I visualize everything so that I can literally see the picture. I think in images and I need that picture to make sense of what I'm seeing. It's the whole reason why I was never good at math.
    But how do you visualize things? Does this mean that you see things in your mind's third eye or do you just need a visual reference to do things?

    I've been told I overanalyze things, and that I'm much better functioning when I'm doing something.
    But what is your go-to thing: to analyze things or to just take action?

    I do it out of harmony. I don't really like groups as much as I like one-on-one convos, though.
    But why is harmony important to you?

  10. #50
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    @The Great One

    But how do you visualize things? Does this mean that you see things in your mind's third eye or do you just need a visual reference to do things?
    It's like... I need a visual reference to base something off.

    But what is your go-to thing: to analyze things or to just take action?
    Depends; usually when I act it's always been thought through -- the consequences, the result, etc

    But why is harmony important to you?
    I guess it's because my mother constantly scolded me as a kid because I had an attitude, and that no one will like me if I kept on with this attitude. I want to be liked. >.>
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] Calling all ISTJs (I need your help)!
    By BlackCat in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
  2. Li'l INTP could really use some help getting his feet back on the ground
    By slonzor in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
  3. [ENFP] please i need your help please read
    By Eng.daisy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO