User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Part of me thinks that you have to be a 9, simply by virtue of how hard it is for you to decide your type without giving equal weight to every other possibility

As for MBTI, I lean more towards ISFJ because I don't see much, if any, Ni, in you.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Just purely on vibe, you feel like ISFJ 9 to me.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Viridian

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Part of me thinks that you have to be a 9, simply by virtue of how hard it is for you to decide your type without giving equal weight to every other possibility

As for MBTI, I lean more towards ISFJ because I don't see much, if any, Ni, in you.

Si/Ni barometer - think about the physical area around you - the city, town, whatever. How do you tend to classify the entities in the area, by proper names, or by meaning/function? Describe a few of your favorite places and why they are special to you.

Read my spoiler after you think about this please, not before!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

Si/Ni barometer - think about the physical area around you - the city, town, whatever. How do you tend to classify the entities in the area, by proper names, or by meaning/function? Describe a few of your favorite places and why they are special to you.

Read my spoiler after you think about this please, not before!

Ooh, a litmus test! Let me try... Gonna answer it without looking at the spoiler and maybe edit it afterwards.

Well, I usually know the names of places I visit often or use as reference points while driving. (Reference points are very useful to me, since I often forget the names of streets and such.) However, I have a bit of a limited scope - I often don't remember much beyond the sorts of things I have to, or the pathways I've taken quite frequently. Interestingly, once my therapist asked me what the backside of my own university looked like, and I had to admit I had never thought about it!

Some of my favorite places... Well, I don't have my "haunts", per se, but I do like:

* The bookstore at a nearby mall, for its huge size and availability of books in English (although I'm often too anxious or overwhelmed to buy anything in-store);

* The parks I walk through on some weekends, because the atmosphere is pretty refreshing and at least one of them is close to a mall where you can go to in case it gets dark or you get a major hankering for freshly made pretzels;

* Quite a few restaurants, especially the ones without a lot of noise/chatter.

Now I'll read what you posted and respond later...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    IsFJ

@skylights: Considering what you wrote, do you glean Si or Ni from my descriptions?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I get a pretty strong Si-Ne vibe from you overall, but take with that where you will........

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    @skylights: Considering what you wrote, do you glean Si or Ni from my descriptions?
    Deflecting! Again, 9-ish. But that's not what this thread is about.

What do YOU think, after having read the descriptions she posted?

(I think Si, with your answers, but that's just me.)

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Deflecting! Again, 9-ish. But that's not what this thread is about.

What do YOU think, after having read the descriptions she posted?

(I think Si, with your answers, but that's just me.)
    It's a tough call! On one hand, I guess I did seem pretty concrete when describing these places, but, OTOH, I am wondering what the "intuitive" version of that account would sound like.

The S/N question is a bit hard for me not just because it's a heavily polarized juxtaposition of archetypes as classically envisoned (the mystic/sage and the healer/supporter), but also because I've been considered absent-minded by some people all my life (especially by my father), so I tend to consciously accrue the details as a way of making up for it, but I'm not entirely sure if that's a N/S thing or not.

In either case, I have some traits and deviations that do not conform to the "pure" description of the types (don't we all) - like how no individual case of mental illness is a 100% boilerplate list of symptons - but I don't know what or how much is within the explanatory model of MBTI. You get me, EJ?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ooh, a litmus test! Let me try... Gonna answer it without looking at the spoiler and maybe edit it afterwards.

Well, I usually know the names of places I visit often or use as reference points while driving. (Reference points are very useful to me, since I often forget the names of streets and such.) However, I have a bit of a limited scope - I often don't remember much beyond the sorts of things I have to, or the pathways I've taken quite frequently. Interestingly, once my therapist asked me what the backside of my own university looked like, and I had to admit I had never thought about it!
    I do much the same thing. I rely heavily on reference points in getting from A to B. I'm bad at giving directions to people because they will want street names or want to know how many blocks I travel on this street before turning, etc. I often don't remember street names unless they are ones I regularly drive on. I rely alot on reference points too. Basically, I tend to pay attention mainly to things I have to pay attention to or that are of real interest to me. I tend to tune just about everything else out. I too can be oblivious to things like the backside of a building unless it there is something unusual about it to make it stand out from other buildings.

I'm thinking this suggests Si > Se. Se pays attention more indiscriminately to their surroundings. Si seems to have more of a filter as to what it takes in but then takes in what it takes in more deeply.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's a tough call! On one hand, I guess I did seem pretty concrete when describing these places, but, OTOH, I am wondering what the "intuitive" version of that account would sound like.
    That's a good question for @skylights... I think the N version would be more focused on the place's relevance in a broad, global/universal sense, vs. its relevance to you and your past/current experience. More abstract and less concrete. But I'm not sure about this.
    The S/N question is a bit hard for me not just because it's a heavily polarized juxtaposition of archetypes as classically envisoned (the mystic/sage and the healer/supporter), but also because I've been considered absent-minded by some people all my life (especially by my father), so I tend to consciously accrue the details as a way of making up for it, but I'm not entirely sure if that's a N/S thing or not.
    I don't think it's N/S, but I think it's Se vs. Si. My dad (INTP) and I are both the absent-minded ones in the family. My INFJ mom, on the other hand -- who has strong enough Se that she scores borderline S/N on tests -- is the one who has to clean up after us. I was notorious, as a kid, for forgetting to take things home from school, or forgetting to take things to school from home. A lunchbox, my backpack...

Also I recall skylights saying something about her ISFJ being absent-minded?
    In either case, I have some traits and deviations that do not conform to the "pure" description of the types (don't we all) - like how no individual case of mental illness is a 100% boilerplate list of symptons - but I don't know what or how much is within the explanatory model of MBTI. You get me, EJ?
    Yep!

This is where you cut out all the stereotypes and focus in on the core of the functions and the core of the type. Which elements matter more? Which are stereotype and which are fact? Then you see if those fit you, and if they do, you're good to go.

Edit: I think a good place to start, with this, would be removing behavior descriptions from everything you read. At its core, the MBTI describes thought processes, NOT behavioral tendencies. Presuming behavior from thought processes is where MBTI stereotypes come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I'm thinking this suggests Si > Se. Se pays attention more indiscriminately to their surroundings. Si seems to have more of a filter as to what it takes in but then takes in what it takes in more deeply.
    !