User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Member EndlessNameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    68

    Default Video typing chellenge!

    Hi! I read about some people, who can type others based on their facial expression, or body language. I don't know if there's any one who can do that , but anyway I thought it would be pretty interesting to be typed by the video. It's much better, than the writting form, because you can see how the person actually acts. Anyone who wants to try it?
    I made a video for personality cafe answering their questions. In the begining I actually say my type, but I might be wrong right? So will anyone try an objective analyze for this vid? I am really interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrBu2zxVaY
    Last edited by EndlessNameless; 05-24-2013 at 05:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    I am very interested in this. I am not the best at typing. Still, I feel like it's useful to tell you some general characteristics that I see ...(don't hit me ...my opinions/thoughts might not be useful)

    So, I think you seem like the kind of person who wants to make themselves (your thoughts) known. I get that because of how expressive you are; your face is very expressive... that is what I mean. I feel like the helps to make the case that you may very well be an image type. I can imagine you being one of those abrasive types who'd discuss their very opinionated thoughts with great vigor.
    You say that you value being unique... so there's that... I don't know what that may mean besides you trying to emphasize a four-ish attitude.

    Anyway, for your psyche-type. I am unsure. I personally don't see anything indicating any type, but I checked out a video that made yesterday (your first blog entry). I only watched about 3 minutes of it; I guess I wouldn't call you a thinking type. The way you describe your stay at the hospital seems to emphasize ...how do I say... visceral thoughts (I know; that doesn't make sense). That leaves NF or SF. That's what I can come up with right now...

  3. #3
    Member EndlessNameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    I am very interested in this. I am not the best at typing. Still, I feel like it's useful to tell you some general characteristics that I see ...(don't hit me ...my opinions/thoughts might not be useful)

    So, I think you seem like the kind of person who wants to make themselves (your thoughts) known. I get that because of how expressive you are; your face is very expressive... that is what I mean. I feel like the helps to make the case that you may very well be an image type. I can imagine you being one of those abrasive types who'd discuss their very opinionated thoughts with great vigor.
    You say that you value being unique... so there's that... I don't know what that may mean besides you trying to emphasize a four-ish attitude.

    Anyway, for your psyche-type. I am unsure. I personally don't see anything indicating any type, but I checked out a video that made yesterday (your first blog entry). I only watched about 3 minutes of it; I guess I wouldn't call you a thinking type. The way you describe your stay at the hospital seems to emphasize ...how do I say... visceral thoughts (I know; that doesn't make sense). That leaves NF or SF. That's what I can come up with right now...
    You're actually very accurate. I am very expressive image type :P . I love discussing my opinions more than anything and I am very passionate about them. I don't know what you mean with "visceral thoughts" , but probably I am a feeling type, even though I am not 100% sure about it. In my 1st video blog entry I speak about things that are not important for typing for about 7minutes , but then I actually discuss how I feel about my studies, work and people, these things might be important for typing. Also my flow of thoughts is not totally natural. English is not my native language and in my 1st blog entry I didn't prepeare the speach and I talked about things just like they came up to my mind, but I sometimes needed an extra time to think about how to say some sentences, or words correctly in english. . I even think I made some grammar mistakes and then corrected myself right after, which looks pretty stupid.

  4. #4
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessNameless View Post
    You're actually very accurate. I am very expressive image type :P . I love discussing my opinions more than anything and I am very passionate about them. I don't know what you mean with "visceral thoughts" , but probably I am a feeling type, even though I am not 100% sure about it. In my 1st video blog entry I speak about things that are not important for typing for about 7minutes , but then I actually discuss how I feel about my studies, work and people, these things might be important for typing. Also my flow of thoughts is not totally natural. English is not my native language and in my 1st blog entry I didn't prepeare the speach and I talked about things just like they came up to my mind, but I sometimes needed an extra time to think about how to say some sentences, or words correctly in english. . I even think I made some grammar mistakes and then corrected myself right after, which looks pretty stupid.
    Yeah, now that I think about it... maybe I meant feeling type when I said you're very visceral. ...I didn't even know the meaning of the word when I used it... I just had a gut feeling that I should use that word to describe you.

    In my honest (and probably useless) opinion, I'd rather listen to a person ramble (even if it is boring), especially if recorded themselves without the intent of using to to type themselves. Listening to your PerC video wasn't all that helpful because you were answering questions that people had set up. Somehow, I feel like it loses it personal touch. So it's nice to know what simply on your mind.

    Anyway, I can understand being an expressive image type (even though I don't know if I am one). Sometimes I enjoy talking about my opinions a lot too and won't leave room for another person to express themselves. I just like knowing what's in my own head rather than getting to know the other person's perspective. It's not that the other person's opinion isn't important, it's just that I'd rather dig into my own heart.

    Still, I don't understand the logic of us doing that. =/ Does it make you feel more important? Does you help you to preserve your sense of self so you don't feel swallowed up by another force?

  5. #5
    Member EndlessNameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Well I like to discuss...When it comes to discussing some opinion I like to say mine, because I just feel the need to share what is in my mind with others. I am very sure about my opinions and it would be pretty hard for me to change my mind. Probaly only if the other person would have some great arguments. But I also like to listen to others and then respon to them and just discuss the point of my view.

  6. #6
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessNameless View Post
    Well I like to discuss...When it comes to discussing some opinion I like to say mine, because I just feel the need to share what is in my mind with others. I am very sure about my opinions and it would be pretty hard for me to change my mind. Probaly only if the other person would have some great arguments. But I also like to listen to others and then respon to them and just discuss the point of my view.
    OK. So in a sense, stubbornness. Being sure of your opinions can be any judging function, I feel. What about your opinions makes them so "solid"? Can you give an example?

  7. #7
    Member EndlessNameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    68

    Default

    To be honest I am not very self aware person, but if there is one thing I am very sure of, it's my intellect. I believe my mind, I believe I am smart and see a lot of hidden things, that not everyone can see. For example I see a lot of people superficial and easy to manipulate with them. I'd never manipulate with anyone, because I really value the freedom of individuality, I am just saying that I can see how lot of people are literally brainwashed by influence of other people's opinions. I am not saying I am not, I just believe I can choose the opinion which really makes some sense and I really try to find the true in things, but other people seem not to seek the true, but the simplicity. Give them something simple and easy to remember and they will repeat it like trained monkeys. Most of the people are happy with simple things, and are not willing to see the depth of problems, I think it's pretty sad, but at the other hand I am kind of jealous on them, because they seem to be a lot happier. But I don't want to live happy life whit knowing I can't see the true and reality. Actually there is not a lot people who are aware of these things and think about them and most of the people, that do are artits as I noticed. oh I forgot to quote again :P ... @thoughtlost
    And I have to add:
    I don't watch TV, because I think it's full of incredible bullshits. From news and movies to reality shows, which I think people watch just to raise their low self esteem with watching bunch of idiots doing creepy things. I don't listen to mainstream radios, or popular music, because I think it's missing the point of true and real art, that should reflect someone's unique personality and individuality while the pop songs seem to be like written through the copy machine. I also read a few newspapers, that I know are really about something meaningful and interesting. I am a vegetarian and I am totally against factory farming which just sloughtry of animals and producing extra meat, that we don't even need. We actually produce incredible mass of things we don't need and still people buy them, because in their heads they have idea..."if I will have this meaningles thing, I will be cool" which I think is pretty twisted. I like to buy some extra stuff too, for example I have so many clothes, which I don't need, and I know it's bad and I want to stop buying them, but I can't help myself...I am an image type right, so I try to excuse myself . And I really try to find the balance between what I really need and don't need. I also try not to support today's politics, and I hope for more liberal change for our sociaty for the future.Also I think the economy which is now living on the debt and is not capable of repaying it will collapse pretty soon, but there is also a chance that the really rich poeple will try to hold thei status however they just can and will live in debt for another 100 years. I just hope some kind of revolution, liberalism, and more freedom and also more informing people about real problems and not try to fill their minds with meaningless things. The irony maybe is, that I study medias. But I study them, so I can influence them later in my life. I need to have the voice to speak to people and I need to be heard and I really want to change things and to make them better. To help somehow this world and society to be better. I am highly artistic type and I also believe I can do this with music. I love to sing and play the guitar and I hope once I will have a chance to make the music, that can change something. To be an artist with my whole heart.

  8. #8
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    ...Do you find it interesting that you started off saying that you're not a very self-aware person... but then you hit me with a wall of text telling me what you think of humanity and how you want to influence it? ...Just something for us to think about, possibly.


    Also, being an image type doesn't have to mean you want to buy a ton of clothes to look good. I could be wrong, but I'd argue that part (just a part ...there could be others) of your personal "image" is your opinions and how you've created your world view.

    I have a feeling that you're introverted. I say this because you could be chasing after an internal image. At the same time, I have a feeling that you could be extroverted because you're basing yourself on the already existing structure that you find superficial.

    Anyway... just my thoughts. Could mean nothing.

    edit:: forgot to mention you. @EndlessNameless

  9. #9
    Member EndlessNameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    ...Do you find it interesting that you started off saying that you're not a very self-aware person... but then you hit me with a wall of text telling me what you think of humanity and how you want to influence it? ...Just something for us to think about, possibly.


    Also, being an image type doesn't have to mean you want to buy a ton of clothes to look good. I could be wrong, but I'd argue that part (just a part ...there could be others) of your personal "image" is your opinions and how you've created your world view.

    I have a feeling that you're introverted. I say this because you could be chasing after an internal image. At the same time, I have a feeling that you could be extroverted because you're basing yourself on the already existing structure that you find superficial.

    Anyway... just my thoughts. Could mean nothing.

    edit:: forgot to mention you. @EndlessNameless
    Why shoudl I find it interesting? I said I have low self esteem because I have it...I am sure about my inteligence, but nothing else actually, in other ways my self esteem equals zero. I think you're taking this somehow personally. I don'tv know why actually. I was interested in MBTI video typing which I recently saw and thought it's amazing...I didn't mean to insult anyone actually and I didn't think someone can take typing personally. I was just ineterested if anyone on this site can do the typing based on video self expression....I wrote I forgot to quote you because I did and because I forget about things not to tell you shoudl do the same thing on purpose in your respond...So really I wans't interested in some personal respond, just more like....MBTI typing.

  10. #10
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessNameless View Post
    Why shoudl I find it interesting? I said I have low self esteem because I have it...I am sure about my inteligence, but nothing else actually, in other ways my self esteem equals zero. I think you're taking this somehow personally. I don'tv know why actually. I was interested in MBTI video typing which I recently saw and thought it's amazing...I didn't mean to insult anyone actually and I didn't think someone can take typing personally. I was just ineterested if anyone on this site can do the typing based on video self expression....I wrote I forgot to quote you because I did and because I forget about things not to tell you shoudl do the same thing on purpose in your respond...So really I wans't interested in some personal respond, just more like....MBTI typing.
    hhmmm I don't think you said you had low self -esteem. You said you don't have much self-awareness. Anyway, that's ok. It's not important. I wasn't taking it personally... I was trying to see where it would take me in terms of deciding if you're an introvert or extrovert. That's why I laid out those two options at the end (I said you could be an introvert because blank and then you could be an extrovert because blank).

Similar Threads

  1. Video type me (?)
    By Clegane in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 08:54 AM
  2. Video typing?
    By Fay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM
  3. Sophia Myles (youtube video) type her?
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. A Video Type Thread
    By Jack Flak in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
  5. Video-typing Jeremy Brett
    By xNFJiminy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO