User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ENTP or INTP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

If you really think that most ENTP want to "control everyone in all the groups and maintain their alpha male status", then it means you really haven't understood at all what the ENTP are really about.

ENTP are born anarchists, and most of them would intensely dislike the mere idea of controlling anybody else, even for sexual advantage. And selfishness... pfff...

Since you seem so obsessed with your own ego (or reflections of it), I'd dare to say you sound more likely like an IxTx. Most ENTP I know have no Ego: it's only a game, a show, a comedy, a parody of life.
    Exactly! Although this reflects the personality of a carefree 7 as well. @Jug If you're a Enneagram 3 you are more obsessed with status and prestige. This would cause a big ego.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by digest View Post
    Ha. I highly doubt that's just an ENTP thing.
    no but you do see it more with some types then others: ENTPs, INTJs, ENFJs off the tip of my head. i've never seen that for example with INFPs and INFJs, they seem to go almost tribal on their types.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    sx
    Socionics
    ENTp

Whoa, this is awesome. I was expecting no one to reply and have the post stagnate for a couple weeks. That's pretty cool.

So, I've actually only met a few people in my life that I have typed as probably ENTP, so I have a small pool to grab from. So I would probably enjoy talking to some ENTPs in person, but sometimes when I read a post by an ENTP, the whole thing reeks of self inflation. However, I can understand most things in the post and clearly relate to a lot of the points/arguments.

And blackmail!, I agree with most of the points you made except one - that the ENTPs do not have a "prominent ego". I really think that ENTPs who are very self-aware will realize their egos and dampen them, and ENTPs who are not very introspective tend to overlook that part of themselves. They do and say many things that they think are rooted in some random motive, but also are hugely caused by wanting to "win" in the more abstract sense of the word.

Am I wrong? I truly have no idea. This whole theory... or should I say landscape of human categorization.... is something I just recently stumbled across after searching "free personality test" online. I've only been studying it for about 2 months

MBTI
    FART
    Enneagram
    E10

Quote Originally Posted by Jug View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here. I can't tell if I'm an INTP or an ENTP

first of all, while I relate to a lot of ENTPs and understand why they act the way they do, I hate most of them so much. They are generally really selfish and say things that boost their egos and make themselves feel better, unless they are well adjusted ENTPs, like Trey Parker or Steven Fry.

However, when I am in a party scenario I tend to either rescind into the shadows and leave as soon as I can, or I gather up the initial energy to start meeting people, and then I become the life of the party, controlling everyone in all the groups and maintaining the alpha male status. From what I read, this is standard ENTP behavior. I also am really chaotic, procrastinate uncontrollably, and continually come up with ideas and never follow through on them.

However, I also can spend hours talking about philosophy and science with INTPs, not bringing any ego or assholery to the table at all. I am intrigued by the future of technology and futurism in general, and I could talk with an INTP about any of their ideas and completely understand most of their seemingly nonsensical theories with no problem. INTPs are my favorite personality, along with INFJs and ISFPs.

INTP or ENTP?
    I relate to everything you said except the "hate other ENTPs" part. Quick conclusion: ENTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ENTP works. Probably Enneagram 3, which would explain why the E7s didn't relate much to what you've mentioned.

Overall, motivations (e.g. controlling people, maitaining alpha status) are much better analyzed with Enneagram theory - mbti is best suited to explain cognition and communication styles.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    sx
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ttanzkel View Post
    I relate to everything you said except the "hate other ENTPs" part. Quick conclusion: ENTP.
    Awesome. Also, I'm glad to get some agreement on that post. I wasn't expecting so many negative responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    ENTP works. Probably Enneagram 3, which would explain why the E7s didn't relate much to what you've mentioned.

Overall, motivations (e.g. controlling people, maitaining alpha status) are much better analyzed with Enneagram theory - mbti is best suited to explain cognition and communication styles.
    Good call, I'm pretty sure I am E3.

So the problem was that I've been using MBTI for both- I guess that means enneagram theory is going to consume my thoughts for the next 2 weeks. Shit
    does shit pope in the woods?

Society

So the problem was that I've been using MBTI for both- I guess that means enneagram theory is going to consume my thoughts for the next 2 weeks. Shit
    hahahaha... 2 weeks? good luck.

MBTI
    FART
    Enneagram
    E10

2 weeks? i don't believe you. haha.. mbti theory consumed my thoughts for MONTHS... i haven't dug deep into enneagram yet, i still have to break up with mbti, which is hard to do. horayy, ive met another entp 3...lol.