• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure of type

Oblivious

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have done extensive research on all 8 cognitive functions and I must say that I relate to the Fi-Te combination but I come into a problem when trying to figure out my other cognitive functions. I am new to this so I may be wrong in my understanding, Ne and Se both see possibilities but the differentiation is abstact vs. concrete, Ne is about theoretical/intangable possibilities (Ne likes to leave things open ended it brings for even more intepretations of an idea/situation) where on the contrary Se is about concrete solutions (Se is all about practical/tangible solutions, for Se it's either yes or no). I don't know if this helps any but when I am learning something (for example reading) I automatically relate it to other ideas and I end up with a jar full of ideas and a main idea that ties everyhing I learned by a string. I think my confusion I think sprouts from I have been around a lot of sensors so I think I essentially was put into a mold that I feel I never fit into. Their will be times where I will say something that was on my mind and it sort of fan out a reaction of awe and shock from others which I must admit I enjoy because it lets me know that I have ideas of my own, I also find myself daydreaming a lot (I realize that it's normal for everyone to dayream and has nothing to do with intution) but my daydreaming tends to be in the form of a maze a path inds itself finding another path. Something I wanted to consider is I am not as in my mind as N's are made out to be, but I do need my time alone I feel like I need to rest I see it as some sort of firework one moment I'll be very talkative but just as fast as that enegry came it fades. Anyways, any input/opinions are appreciated.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have done extensive research on all 8 cognitive functions and I must say that I relate to the Fi-Te combination but I come into a problem when trying to figure out my other cognitive functions. I am new to this so I may be wrong in my understanding, Ne and Se both see possibilities but the differentiation is abstact vs. concrete, Ne is about theoretical/intangable possibilities (Ne likes to leave things open ended it brings for even more intepretations of an idea/situation) where on the contrary Se is about concrete solutions (Se is all about practical/tangible solutions, for Se it's either yes or no). I don't know if this helps any but when I am learning something (for example reading) I automatically relate it to other ideas and I end up with a jar full of ideas and a main idea that ties everyhing I learned by a string. I think my confusion I think sprouts from I have been around a lot of sensors so I think I essentially was put into a mold that I feel I never fit into. Their will be times where I will say something that was on my mind and it sort of fan out a reaction of awe and shock from others which I must admit I enjoy because it lets me know that I have ideas of my own, I also find myself daydreaming a lot (I realize that it's normal for everyone to dayream and has nothing to do with intution) but my daydreaming tends to be in the form of a maze a path inds itself finding another path. Something I wanted to consider is I am not as in my mind as N's are made out to be, but I do need my time alone I feel like I need to rest I see it as some sort of firework one moment I'll be very talkative but just as fast as that enegry came it fades. Anyways, any input/opinions are appreciated.

Sounds like ENFJ, so far anyway.

Oblivious

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFJ? That explains alot... although I am still skeptical. Mal, I have come to a conclusion that because of dominant Fe ENFJs are seen as enthusiastic,exuberant, and maybe even loud? I have actually been typed as a dom Se user more exactly ESFP but i can understand where the perpective comes from the ENFJ shares the optimism and enthusiam that has been thumbtacked to the stereotypical ESFP. What are you're thoughts? My reasoning behind me going down the Fi road is that I am very value oriented but after thinking this through I was wrong to think in that way because as Feelers ENFJs would also be value oriented. I am still thinking this through although I am running out of rope but I am still thinking Perciever for me the reason for that is I procrastinate, I love to leave options open to help exlpore other alternatives, and I am very disorganized.

I

Infinite Bubble

How about ENFP? It fits everything you have said so far. This especially sounds like Ne:

when I am learning something (for example reading) I automatically relate it to other ideas and I end up with a jar full of ideas

ttanzkel

MBTI Type
FART
Enneagram
E10

well , this is the only information you've given so basically based on this you're enfp. you seem to be quite sure about Fi-Te so since you have good knowledge about the cognitive functions (perhaps better than mine) let's ask why Fi not Fe, and why Te not Ti?

Oblivious

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
well , this is the only information you've given so basically based on this you're enfp. you seem to be quite sure about Fi-Te so since you have good knowledge about the cognitive functions (perhaps better than mine) let's ask why Fi not Fe, and why Te not Ti?

By my understanding Fi is about values bringing peace to our own set of personal values which greatly resonates with me because on several occasions I have been called stubborn (i actually connected this with Fi because i strongly belief in my values of course I am very open minded when learning (people, events,etc.) but I always mange to fit it into my own jigsaw puzzle of ideals, I've also learned that Fi users are not very expressive although they do feel strongly it just has to do with the fact the feeling is introverted which makes it hard to express, I feel I must brush over the point that Fi can be bias and this is true for me I find myself telling myself "because i felt like it". Now because Te is my tertiary functions it won't be as strong but I still manage to use it and it shows when I am correcting someone (I seek to order my external world logically,although it's not what you would call my go to function...it comes with it's limitations I am aware of that). Now I have a question, can someone with extreme effort learn to use a shadow function say an SP learns to use Ne...It's just an idea, which I think holds some validation for the mind is a powerful thing capable of being molded into any shape or size and can be manipulated into what that particular person wants it to be.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ? That explains alot... although I am still skeptical. Mal, I have come to a conclusion that because of dominant Fe ENFJs are seen as enthusiastic,exuberant, and maybe even loud? I have actually been typed as a dom Se user more exactly ESFP but i can understand where the perpective comes from the ENFJ shares the optimism and enthusiam that has been thumbtacked to the stereotypical ESFP. What are you're thoughts? My reasoning behind me going down the Fi road is that I am very value oriented but after thinking this through I was wrong to think in that way because as Feelers ENFJs would also be value oriented. I am still thinking this through although I am running out of rope but I am still thinking Perciever for me the reason for that is I procrastinate, I love to leave options open to help exlpore other alternatives, and I am very disorganized.

Maybe ENFP then. I didn't have much to go on in the OP. I had strong Fi up until I was about 12 years old. So I know what it's like to have personal values, which are values that come from my own thoughts and feelings and not those of society. I could easily judge an external rule as unfair, and I would not only be verbally against it but sometimes I would combat it. I judged all external rules on the basis of my individual thinking and feelings, and I lived according to my own and not somebody else's. I became a quietly rebellious teenager, but more generally anarchic than valuing.

Oblivious

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Maybe ENFP then. I didn't have much to go on in the OP. I had strong Fi up until I was about 12 years old. So I know what it's like to have personal values, which are values that come from my own thoughts and feelings and not those of society. I could easily judge an external rule as unfair, and I would not only be verbally against it but sometimes I would combat it. I judged all external rules on the basis of my individual thinking and feelings, and I lived according to my own and not somebody else's. I became a quietly rebellious teenager, but more generally anarchic than valuing.
I agree with what you said about Fi it's right on.

Oblivious

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, you seem to use Ne.

This post reminded of other posts on the website, and I was curious, in your opinion do you think types could learn to use their shadow functions? For example SPs and Ne or Ni effectiveley like they may become to feel at home with using them.

Nicki

Retired
This post reminded of other posts on the website, and I was curious, in your opinion do you think types could learn to use their shadow functions? For example SPs and Ne or Ni effectiveley like they may become to feel at home with using them.

I doubt it. Functions are mindsets, not tools.

ttanzkel

MBTI Type
FART
Enneagram
E10

hmm. I don't know. my opinion is that if you're for example an ISTP, and you "feel" like you have a developed Te because you seem to be effectively managing the external world pretty well in a logical manner, I wouldn't be convinced you're really using Te. Te is not part of ISTPs' original cognitive functions. maybe it could just be Ti-Se and you thought it was already Te. it's just my opinion though. I don't know if you could really know you're already developing some functions or not. there's a possibility you could just have mistaken a certain function with the combination of other functions.

as for your type, are you convinced now of ENFP or not? :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If that is not the post of an ENFP, I don't know what is.