• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Twin Sister's Type: INFJ or INFP?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
First of all, she tests as an INFP with a moderate preference for N & I, a strong preference for F and a borderline J/P.

I think she is an INFJ who put 'yes' for all the 'I have a messy room'-ish questions. She sees herself as a lazy person but isn't as lazy as she thinks and enjoys taking on responsibility but that could just be an inclination towards F- the desire to help others by being responsible. She doesn't have a problem letting people know of the errors in their decision making because they forgot to include what another person was thinking.

I am wondering what others in the MBTIc forum would think.

She definitely loves helping other people and hates getting into conflicts with others- she would rather be on a 100% positive track even if it doesn't seem reasonable. It's hard to say what types are more optimistic than others but her way of sticking with optimism seems J-ish.

I think Fe makes more sense than Fi. I am fairly sure of I over E because even though she is outgoing and assertive around people she knows well, her group of friends (high school and college) has been small but very tight-knit. Even though I'm an I as well, I think she is actually the stronger Introvert because I can be more comfortable around large groups and have more acquaintances than she does- a few close friends as well- but I definitely have a larger friend list than my sister has had so far in college. This was both of our own personal decisions.

Intuitively, N makes sense, I thought about ISFP/ISFJ since she is sensible and grounded but Artisan (SP) makes absolutely no sense for her (especially since Artisan seems to be the temperament she gets along with the least).. Guardian might but Idealist is a better fit. We can talk about abstract topics and she shows a genuine interest.

In terms of auxilliary functions- Fe makes a lot more sense than either Ne & Se.
I think that her lack of Ne is where my conflicts with her sometimes come from since she will get annoyed at my intentionally ridiculous speculations, she sees no point of them.

Feeling- without a doubt.

I think she's a J because she has no problem criticizing others (and I don't think it's some sort of evil shadow Te but rather a healthy Fe) also she seems to genuinely enjoy being productive- she had been somewhat lazy about academics in high school but seems to have changed things around in college and even has said that she wouldn't room with one of her best friends because she knows that her grades would drop due to them living together.

She wants to be a nurse and has a strong interest towards achieving that goal. She enjoys her projects of reorganizing her room and other rooms around the house. She likes to plan and be organized- which also seems to indicate J. However, she tests as a weak P.

What do you guys think?

Feel free to ask me questions. My analysis may be biased (I tried to make it unbiased but sometimes it's unavoidable)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Anyone have any ideas?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm
concerning the random things she may say,

are the random brainstorms or mystical trains of thought ?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you think she's INFJ, what's the problem?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mondo said:
I am wondering what others in the MBTIc forum would think.
Feel free to ask me questions. My analysis may be biased (I tried to make it unbiased but sometimes it's unavoidable)

Colors should read carefully

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
hmm
concerning the random things she may say,

are the random brainstorms or mystical trains of thought ?

Actually, I was referring to my own brainstorming- it is a reason why I doubt she is an INFP because she doesn't really engage in that.

It sounds like we are in agreement about INFJ.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I test INFP almost every time, but I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ. I think it's just hard to come up with questions that reflect J in intuitives. I was a pretty critical person as a teen and young adult, but I've gotten more mellow with age.

redacted

@cafe -- yeah it seems rare to actually test INFJ in the 4 dichotomies. the more that i think about it, the more i wonder if INFJs actually aren't as rare as they're said to be... i'm sure the sample data for the statistic that says 1% of the population is INFJ is largely skewed.

i mostly test as INTP or INFP, but i'm definitely INFJ.