User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 18

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default Can you help me find out which one I am?

    I've taken bunches of quizzes for the MBTI but I still am not sure which one best fits me. It's rather frustrating and I thought maybe someone online could help me, that's how I found the site so here I am!
    So here I go on about my personality and hope someone can explain the t,f-j,p stuff

    I’m an introvert: that much I do know. The fact that I’m writing a personality assessment of myself proves that. I spend most of my time alone. I fear unfamiliar social situations and even when I’m with people I know well it’s hard for me to open up completely. I tend to let other people “drive”. I’m always the last person walking in the group. I love watching people (I enjoy picking out the nuances of people, their facial features, mannerisms and voice; their unique traits) but I hate being watched. When I need something it’s very hard for me to speak up and tell someone.
    I try to see things as objectively and unbiased as possible. What scares me the most is delusion, and through my interest in perception I am very aware at how faulty the human brain is; how we see things the way that we want them to be, and not how they are.
    I frequently get overwhelmed by information. I find it hard to decide what’s relevant and what isn’t. When my room is messy, my brain is messy and I freak out. If I’m not organized I can barely function because I see things so close up, (it’s almost like a glaring blindness) and in order to get the big picture I need to tidy everything up first. Unfortunately I procrastinate and have these cycles of cleaning everything up then letting it pile up again slowly. Also I’m all or nothing when it comes to a lot of things: if I can’t do it all, I end up doing nothing.
    How I decide (thinking, feeling).
    Objectivity is the most important thing. I need every detail to understand the situation first, and that sometimes irritates people. But I think I am good at mediating between people and seeing both sides of the story. Sometimes I know a side is wrong with the logical part of my brain and with the other part still feel quite comfortable seeing it from their viewpoint. I say it like this: “I like ___ very much but I can see why someone else wouldn’t like it”.
    I think I'm pretty logical but definitely not "cold and unemotional". I just get stuck in details too often.

    So, I hope I don't look like a total idiot for writing all of that and I hope someone can help me! Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    ISFJ most likely.

  3. #3
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    I love watching people (I enjoy picking out the nuances of people, their facial features, mannerisms and voice; their unique traits) but I hate being watched.
    picking up on social nuance, facial expressions and mannerism -> well developed extroverted feelings.

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    I frequently get overwhelmed by information. I find it hard to decide what’s relevant and what isn’t. When my room is messy, my brain is messy and I freak out. If I’m not organized I can barely function because I see things so close up, (it’s almost like a glaring blindness) and in order to get the big picture I need to tidy everything up first. Unfortunately I procrastinate and have these cycles of cleaning everything up then letting it pile up again slowly. Also I’m all or nothing when it comes to a lot of things: if I can’t do it all, I end up doing nothing.
    the need for clear cut coherent information within your environment and life: judger.

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Objectivity is the most important thing. I need every detail to understand the situation first, and that sometimes irritates people. But I think I am good at mediating between people and seeing both sides of the story. Sometimes I know a side is wrong with the logical part of my brain and with the other part still feel quite comfortable seeing it from their viewpoint. I say it like this: “I like ___ very much but I can see why someone else wouldn’t like it”. I think I'm pretty logical but definitely not "cold and unemotional". I just get stuck in details too often.
    getting stuck on details and fact checking -> underdeveloped introverted thinking looping throughout your internal collection of details introverted sensing.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Wow, thanks. After reading about the ISFJ, I think that is the most accurate one for me. Before I went to preschool I was picked to be in the class with disabled kids because I was so good with them. Thanks for your help!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    underdeveloped introverted thinking looping throughout your internal collection of details introverted sensing.
    Uhh... what?

  6. #6
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Uhh... what?
    oh, from what you described, it seems to me like your introverted sensing (Si) is sort of a collection of everything you know, all the little details you've gathered. your introverted thinking (Ti) is trying to check them for consistency, make sure they are all accurate, putting them together.

    if you are an ISFJ then you have Si > Fe > Ti > Ne (sorry for the jargon - you'll get used to it)
    so your sensory (detail collecting, Si) function is more developed than your thinking function (logical consistency, Ti), your logic is trying to catch up to all the details.

    in MBTI typology everyone has that kind of internal hirarchy, in contrast i have the exact opposite functions: Ne > Ti > Fe > Si, so you can see my my detail-collecting ability (Si) is last, practically so under developed it might as well need special ad.

    anyway - just my 2 cents. welcome to the community. this forum probably needs a special ad class in itself, if you are looking to start a kinder garden for adults, this might be the perfect place

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Interesting. I'm going to have to read up on those things some more.
    And I went through all the types again and now I'm pretty sure that I am an ISFJ. It's weird, though, because even though I relate to almost all the things on the profile websites about them, I realized that I really don't want to be an ISFJ (at least how they're described). They don't like change, don't do anything exciting, they tend to stay in abusive relationships, they blindly follow whoever it is ordering them around, they don't do anything important, people walk all over them. The careers listed (homemaker, librarian, secretary, accountant, middle management) all seem dull and not very important.
    Reading those profiles was like a death sentence. I'll never get over my fears, I'll never do anything new or exciting, and if I do I'd be going against my "type".
    Probably reading too much into this, but the point is, I feel like I might be exactly the kind of person that I hate. Does that even make sense?

  8. #8
    Junior Member ttanzkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    FART
    Enneagram
    E10
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Interesting. I'm going to have to read up on those things some more.
    And I went through all the types again and now I'm pretty sure that I am an ISFJ. It's weird, though, because even though I relate to almost all the things on the profile websites about them, I realized that I really don't want to be an ISFJ (at least how they're described). They don't like change, don't do anything exciting, they tend to stay in abusive relationships, they blindly follow whoever it is ordering them around, they don't do anything important, people walk all over them. The careers listed (homemaker, librarian, secretary, accountant, middle management) all seem dull and not very important.
    Reading those profiles was like a death sentence. I'll never get over my fears, I'll never do anything new or exciting, and if I do I'd be going against my "type".
    Probably reading too much into this, but the point is, I feel like I might be exactly the kind of person that I hate. Does that even make sense?
    don't believe those things. they're just stereotypes. you can be anything you want. plus, not all of them are accurate. you're unique. the purpose of learning about your type is not to put you into a box, but to get out of it. your type isn't your "end" or "death sentence" , it's your beginning to improve as a person. and i agree with ISFJ.

  9. #9
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Interesting. I'm going to have to read up on those things some more.
    And I went through all the types again and now I'm pretty sure that I am an ISFJ. It's weird, though, because even though I relate to almost all the things on the profile websites about them, I realized that I really don't want to be an ISFJ (at least how they're described). They don't like change, don't do anything exciting, they tend to stay in abusive relationships, they blindly follow whoever it is ordering them around, they don't do anything important, people walk all over them. The careers listed (homemaker, librarian, secretary, accountant, middle management) all seem dull and not very important.
    Reading those profiles was like a death sentence. I'll never get over my fears, I'll never do anything new or exciting, and if I do I'd be going against my "type".
    Probably reading too much into this, but the point is, I feel like I might be exactly the kind of person that I hate. Does that even make sense?
    Honestly this is one of the reasons for my disillusionment, (although I didn't have too much illusion to begin with), concerning this theory. It has the potential to cause unnecessary stress and damage because of the amount of dissonance it can induce.

    Not to mention the nature of most online descriptions, which are heavily biased, especially in favour of intuition. Although that is a subject I could spend pages on, so I wont go into detail, besides I think most people are a bit sick of the 'woe is me i'm a poor intuitive in a sensor's world or woe is me i'm a stereotyped sensor being pressured by arrogant intuitives'.

    However people do try to reassure with the notion that you are uniquely yourself even within the guideline of typological catagorisation. Which is contradictory to begin with.
    Some may look at this and assess that I am merely airing a personal grievance due to the disillusionment mentioned earlier; they could be right to an extent, but I am also worried by quotes like the above and I have seen plenty of evidence of such concerns before.

    Of course I don't want to discourage people too much, if the theory helps...then use it. Just don't believe it.

    What I mean by that is MBTI is just another construct of human understanding, a methodology built on certain premises, with a view to organising and more readily understanding one another. However it was created by humans and as such it is not infallible.

    So keep a keen eye out....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #10
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Interesting. I'm going to have to read up on those things some more.
    And I went through all the types again and now I'm pretty sure that I am an ISFJ. It's weird, though, because even though I relate to almost all the things on the profile websites about them, I realized that I really don't want to be an ISFJ (at least how they're described). They don't like change, don't do anything exciting, they tend to stay in abusive relationships, they blindly follow whoever it is ordering them around, they don't do anything important, people walk all over them. The careers listed (homemaker, librarian, secretary, accountant, middle management) all seem dull and not very important.
    Reading those profiles was like a death sentence. I'll never get over my fears, I'll never do anything new or exciting, and if I do I'd be going against my "type".
    Probably reading too much into this, but the point is, I feel like I might be exactly the kind of person that I hate. Does that even make sense?
    the thing is, much of those descriptions came from the 70's by people who were thinking about SJs from the 50s. in contrast, if you grew into modern progressive ideals, thats going to be your heritage - your Si.

    regarding the career hints.. meh. i wouldn't put much credit in that at all tbh: companies using MBTI to try and predict employee performance have failed miserably.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Can you help me figure out this ExxP (probably ENFP) ?
    By manicpixiedream in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2017, 09:40 AM
  2. Can you help me figure out my Myers Briggs personality type?
    By treetophideaway in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 07:34 PM
  3. You. Yes, you. Can you help me find my type?
    By Empressc in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 05:48 PM
  4. [MBTItm] can you help me out?
    By briochick in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:03 AM
  5. Can you help me out? :)
    By JRT in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO