User Tag List

Thread: Confused.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Confused.

I can make an educated guess for my parents, but my brother's type ...No clue whatsoever. I can't even figure out whether he's introverted or extroverted.

Here's some traits:

- He gets overly excited when we're going to visit family friends (like, literally bouncing), but on his own he usually plays WoW and seems to be in the background at parties (judging from pictures I've seen)

- He does not play sports of any type.

- He seems interested in playing his French Horn and WoW, but doesn't seem interested in doing much else in life (though he does have a job at Subway)

- He doesn't mind living in a filthy apartment and doesn't clean if he isn't forced to

- He wanted to be a scientist for a long time, now he wants to be an actor...he's in college, as well, but he only takes 1 class per term and it doesn't seem to matter to him that he's not really doing anything in the real world.

- He's pretty sensitive

- He likes to argue and gets angry easily

- He doesn't have much in the way of common sense, but he's very book smart (by "doesn't have much" I mean "little to none"...for instance, he was supposed to move out of his apartment because the management was going to do extensive renovations. When did he start looking for a new apartment? 3 days before the move-out date! yay!)

Any ideas?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A lot of that sounds very much like my little brother. He's older and not in college, but most of the rest of that sounds dead on. He hates meeting strangers but can often be the life of the party with good friends of his that he knows well. He describes himself as obsessive compulsive, he has very fine tuned hearing and good vision, and shares my offbeat random sense of humor. He took the test in "Please Understand Me" more than ten years ago when our mom made us all take it, but I don't remember what his results were. From everything I know of him and reading many different descriptions of the types, I have come to the conclusion he is probably ISTP. That's why he and I can have conversations and activities where we are very much alike, but we can sometimes hit a T/F divide on a particular issue or preference where he thinks I'm totally nuts and irrational. Because I am.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

sounds like an Fi dom
    I N V I C T U S

He gets overly excited when we're going to visit family friends (like, literally bouncing), but on his own he usually plays WoW and seems to be in the background at parties (judging from pictures I've seen)
    I

He does not play sports of any type.
    ?

- He seems interested in playing his French Horn and WoW, but doesn't seem interested in doing much else in life (though he does have a job at Subway)

- He doesn't mind living in a filthy apartment and doesn't clean if he isn't forced to
    P

He wanted to be a scientist for a long time, now he wants to be an actor...he's in college, as well, but he only takes 1 class per term and it doesn't seem to matter to him that he's not really doing anything in the real world.
    Sounds very N-P

He's pretty sensitive
    F

He likes to argue and gets angry easily
    ? not really sure here because it seems kindof contradictory to put himself in arguements when he is sensitive.

- He doesn't have much in the way of common sense, but he's very book smart
    Hmm, seems like a T but a T should have common sense because T thinks before acting.. and a S would have a little more common sense I think..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do we have here?

A definite "I"
    A definite "P"
    Slightly shown "N"
    And some conflict between "F" and "T"

InxP (n is lower case because its not very sure)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Sounds like an NP.