I usually don't care what people's types are, but this person's type has been so difficult to even guess at that I actually want to figure it out. This is a friend from school who is a definite extrovert, definite so/sp, and probably either a 6, 2 or 3.
I'm not really sure what to say, so here's a basic profile:
- Calm and flexible, but driven and immovable when it counts.
- Asks questions constantly and is more capable than most when it comes to handling complex ideas. Seems to stem more from a need to be doing things "correctly" than out of pure curiosity. Has trouble quieting her mind.
- Incredibly inclusive and devoted to making positive social connections. Seems genuine to me.
- Rarely (if ever) displays any kind of passion or seriousness. One of the most light-hearted people I know. Self-deprecating and fairly open, but doesn't ever show real vulnerability. It's just like there's not a lot beneath the surface. That's how she appears, at least.
- Not an NF.
- If I had to make a list of her 10 best qualities, creative wouldn't be on it. She's pretty uninterested in blazing new paths, but great at picking up on rhetorical tones and analyzing/parodying them.
- Comes across as very S. Strong intuiting function, though.
- If she's an Fi user (kind of doubt it), she's pretty out of touch with it. Once said "I believe in God because I feel like I should."
- A rule-follower. My initial interpretation of her cognitive functions would make her an ExTP, but that...does not seem likely at all.
- I assume she's Ne-Si/Si-Ne just because of our similarities in thought process. I can't describe it well, but I'm pretty sure that everything I've read relating to that axis would apply as well to her as it would to me.
After writing that out, the possibilities seem more obvious now.
I'm leaning towards ESFJ, but I just don't see her as a dominant feeler. Maybe ESTJ? What do you think?
I'm mostly just curious about the MBTI type, but if you have thoughts about enneagram, that would be interesting too.