• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who on this forum do you think is correctly typed?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3521]Eric B[/MENTION] [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Haight[/MENTION] [MENTION=6227]Intricate Mystic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]

Those are the ones I can think of offhand.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:smile: Yay...I think :ninja:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3521]Eric B[/MENTION] [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Haight[/MENTION] [MENTION=6227]Intricate Mystic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]

Those are the ones I can think of offhand.

There are two names missing from the list: Highander and Mal+.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] is for sure an INTP. They are known amongst the least likely to confuse their types for another because of that damn dom Ti with Ne as support. "All of these options, which one is true for me?" [MENTION=5947]jenocyde[/MENTION] as well as ENTP.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't care if I'm typed correctly, but i think i am, either way I win. I don't know I don't care, typology no longer interests me i stay for the camaraderie

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Which type is more apt to type themselves incorrectly?

Just thinking about all of the variables required for answering this one correctly caused my mind to kick me for its tendency to always question.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7595]INTP. They are known amongst the least likely to confuse their types for another because of that damn dom Ti with Ne as support. "All of these options, which one is true for me?"
Wouldn't Ne produce confusion because of all the possibilities? Why is Ti more likely to decide on one? I fail to see the connection, as typology is not either scientific or logical. It's intuitive and categorical. What is the causal relationship and how does it work? People just throw these statements around without any real explanation.

Maybe archetypes and cognitive functions just go over my head, because I can't really see any of them in concrete observation unless it's really obvious. And even then sometimes I get confused.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to explain how I think of them in terms of behaviors and motivations for behavior, and how to identify them, but then people keep saying I'm being too general and saying it could just as easily be something else, not everyone is like that, yada yada yada.

If you can't categorize things according to letters and CF's, then what's the point? There is no system apart from that, and it doesn't in any way translate into anything outside of your head if you can't make generalizations which are observable. Either people of a certain type behave a certain way or they don't, and in the latter case, the system is worthless. And as far as processing information goes, there has to be some way of knowing how someone processes information.

S

Society

They are known amongst the least likely to confuse their types for another because of that damn dom Ti with Ne as support. "All of these options, which one is true for me?"

a surprising number of INFPs too:

[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] (except enneagram)
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

with a system structured like the MBTI and a type that can seem so perpetually uncertain and i am pretty sure make up their own semantics as they go along (throughout a sentence), you wouldn't expect it. yet somehow...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I know is that I'm very rarely typed accurately myself, but you know what, I don't care; I will believe as I wish, despite the truths running counter to my own personal opinions!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I try to explain how I think of them in terms of behaviors and motivations for behavior, and how to identify them, but then people keep saying I'm being too general and saying it could just as easily be something else, not everyone is like that, yada yada yada.

If you can't categorize things according to letters and CF's, then what's the point? There is no system apart from that, and it doesn't in any way translate into anything outside of your head if you can't make generalizations which are observable. Either people of a certain type behave a certain way or they don't, and in the latter case, the system is worthless. And as far as processing information goes, there has to be some way of knowing how someone processes information.

Yes, JCF is not behavior or persona. This comes in with theories like Keirsey, and I know very early on a couple of Sensors agreed that my persona seemed ESFP...one ISTP and one ISTJ kept insisting this, and after being close to an ISxJ for several years, he decided that ISFP was actually the best fit for me, as the "extroversion" seemed to be a kind of persona.

Also on the Keirsey site they looked at my video and said I seemed ESFP.

However, here, a couple of people still suggested ISFP for me after seeing my video.

I think "in person" the most common typings for me were ENFP, ESxP, and ENFj.

It really depends on which theory you follow, honestly.

It also depends on how accurately and completely you're seeing the "subject" at hand, which is impossible to do from casual forum contact in many cases, except for glaring repeated examples of something over and over again.

Jung took years to "type" his patients, typically.

People will essentially say "x" or "y" person is typed correctly if it agrees most with the theory they themselves prefer.

One of the reasons I recently put "SEE" as my type was so that people could comprehend that I specifically mean the Socionics theory, the relatively asocial, small-group-preferring ESFp in Socionics is not the wildly social ESFP party animal that some other people think of.

I still think it's most likely that in JCF I'm probably an ISFP. Fi seems to be my preferred function, and I use too much Ni to be an Se dom, but I also use too much sensing to be an ENFP, and the type of sensing I use actually has more to do with Jungian's definition of the Se type than the Si type, anyway.

I think being an Se/Fi or Fi/Se type is probably why I bug an unnatural number of self-typed INTJs on the Internet. "Oh irrational, oh bold and uncontrollable monstrous ho-bag of a woman, shut your fool mouth" is pretty much what a lot of them seem to project on me.

It's kind of entertaining, to be perfectly honest with you, but I'm tired of "getting into trouble."

Especially since they are so unlikely their own bias and irrationality as a type, for whatever reason.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a surprising number of INFPs too:

[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

woooo! as a misguided youth i thought i was an ENFP 7w8, but that seems ridiculous now.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who on this forum do you think is correctly typed?

Let's cut to the chase..... who on this forum thinks there is such a shortage of correctly typed people that it makes sense to list them?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's really quite simple. The letter P designates a "basket" of behaviors, beliefs, and cognitive methods. The letter "J" designates the opposite kind of behaviors, beliefs, and cognitive methods. Some people choose more of P than J; others choose more J than P.

But to say that every ESFP HAS to have such and such P traits is where the fallacy lies. And that's why typological systems, whether Keirsey's or otherwise, aren't based in stereotypes. Keirsey's, at any rate, is based in temperament styles, not stereotypes (such as, "all black people are lazy").

The people who think that Keirsey stereotypes are the same people who think Mexican is a race.

Yes, I just created a stereotype.