• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My thread title is a bit sarcastic or wry. I'm saying that there's hardly anybody on this forum who hasn't been questioned on type. It doesn't have to be in that other thread exactly.
And [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] said one of the issues is F males mistyping as T. However, in [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]'s case you have a T male mistyping as F.
I've gone through my share of being questioned here. Part of the problem is basing a type call on some evidence while ignoring any evidence to the contrary; people are complex enough that it is always possible to gather enough evidence to change one's call.
Another problem is JCF which has ruined everybody's ability to make a proper type call. Yet another, related to the first one I mentioned above, is the MBTI itself which tries to use static, 19th century-style categories to pin down a dynamic, ineffable structure.

nigga you crazy if you think I'm a T :laugh:
sure, I'm relatively level headed and make what I think are rational decisions, but for the most part, I go with my gut with little if any in the way of verifying my hunches with evidence (Te) or justifying my positions with inductive logic (Ti). I am as Fi aux as it gets brother :newwink:
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]
they are almost always along the same lines:
S mistyping as N
F males mistyping as T
T females mistyping as F
EN mistyping as IN
IS mistyping as ES
by far P/J mistypings seem to be the rarest... and yet I/E is the only one accepted by behavioral psychology, "cause of test consistency"... how the fuck did that happen? go figure
^pretty much this

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nigga you crazy if you think I'm a T :laugh:
sure, I'm relatively level headed and make what I think are rational decisions, but for the most part, I go with my gut with little if any in the way of verifying my hunches with evidence (Te) or justifying my positions with inductive logic (Ti). I am as Fi aux as it gets brother :newwink:

You just used logic to justify that you are Fi aux.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3521]Eric B[/MENTION] [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Haight[/MENTION] [MENTION=6227]Intricate Mystic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]

Those are the ones I can think of offhand.
I actually think some of these are not accurately typed. I almost never call people out, but sometimes have one or more opinions about people's type. Should I say which ones seem incorrect?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think some of these are not accurately typed. I almost never call people out, but sometimes have one or more opinions about people's type. Should I say which ones seem incorrect?

Quit being such a nice and diplomatic NF - go out and say what you think like you mean it, with no reservation or moderation!

T

The Iron Giant

I think you should, even if you want to do it via PM. If it were me, I'd want your input.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quit being such a nice and diplomatic NF - go out and say what you think like you mean it, with no reservation or moderation!
No moderation? Hey that sound pretty good. Okay, here goes...

DiscoBiscuit seems like a hardcore ESFJ. In debate he does not rely on outside sources of knowledge or the type of systematic reasoning typically seen from Te and he relies on tradition a great deal for meaning and has defended positions in debate as being "treasured traditions", etc. I haven't noticed anything particularly abstract or theoretical in his posts, but a strong tie to to concrete world.

Lark seems like borderline between ENTJ and ENFJ. He does value theory and ideas, read a great deal to gain knowledge. In debate I have notice a lot of both Fe and Te. If I had to say one or the other, probably he seems more ENFJ.

Some of the others seem spot on, and some I don't know well enough to venture a type.

Highlander does seem strongly INTJ
Fidelia is an INFJ, but with more emphasis on Fe, while I emphasize Ni, so I find interaction interesting.

My mind is mostly blank right now, but there are some others who seem either spot-on or mistyped.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DiscoBiscuit seems like a hardcore ESFJ. In debate he does not rely on outside sources of knowledge or the type of systematic reasoning typically seen from Te and he relies on tradition a great deal for meaning and has defended positions in debate as being "treasured traditions", etc. I haven't noticed anything particularly abstract or theoretical in his posts, but a strong tie to to concrete world.

Lark seems like borderline between ENTJ and ENFJ. He does value theory and ideas, read a great deal to gain knowledge. In debate I have notice a lot of both Fe and Te. If I had to say one or the other, probably he seems more ENFJ.

I am less sure about those two and you could well be right.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What type do you think [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] is?

E

Epiphany

Someone recently asked if I ever typed as ISTP. Not sure if I give off that vibe. I've always identified as INFP type 4w5. My strongest function is N and my weakest is F, though I still think I lean toward the Feeling side of the spectrum. I don't buy into the whole Thinkers are more rational stereotype, however. There are plenty of self-typed Thinkers in this forum who can't make an objective argument without letting their emotions get involved. And anger is perhaps the most acceptable emotion for men to express, in regards to gender expectations.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone recently asked if I ever typed as ISTP. Not sure if I give off that vibe. I've always identified as INFP type 4w5. My strongest function is N and my weakest is F, though I still think I lean toward the Feeling side of the spectrum. I don't buy into the whole Thinkers are more rational stereotype, however. There are plenty of self-typed Thinkers in this forum who can't make an objective argument without letting their emotions get involved. And anger is perhaps the most acceptable emotion for men to express, in regards to gender expectations.

I'm not sure what type "anger" is.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone recently asked if I ever typed as ISTP.

I've never in my entire life seen an INFP consider that they could be ISTP, and strangely enough, you just broke that spell!

E

Epiphany

I've never in my entire life seen an INFP consider that they could be ISTP, and strangely enough, you just broke that spell!

I've never considered myself an ISTP. I said somebody else asked me that. Reading comprehension, people.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never considered myself an ISTP. I said somebody else asked me that. Reading comprehension, people.

I don't have "precise speaker" as one of my top brain operations. ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
they are almost always along the same lines:

S mistyping as N
F males mistyping as T
T females mistyping as F
EN mistyping as IN
IS mistyping as ES

by far P/J mistypings seem to be the rarest... and yet I/E is the only one accepted by behavioral psychology, "cause of test consistency"... how the fuck did that happen? go figure.

I've seen a bit of P/J mistyping, mostly as INFP mistyping as INFJ and INTP mistyping as INTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen a bit of P/J mistyping, mostly as INFP mistyping as INFJ and INTP mistyping as INTJ.

There's no excuse for this mistake. Introversion and extroversion are the hardest to judge because there are gradations between them. P and J are one of the easiest. The problem here must be JCF, because it doesn't type directly for P or J. They are arrived at indirectly through determining function relationships.
So for example an Ni Dominant must be a J type, assuming the dominant is correct. And that's a big assumption to weigh the last letter on.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You just used logic to justify that you are Fi aux.

I used my understanding of MBTI functions compared with my actual behavior to justify my Fi aux. that has little to do with functions and much to do with having an understanding of Jung coupled with self awareness :)