User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety is up there too as well (considering pretty much every F type in existence), so takes some pressure off of me.
    Yeah but i'm trying to get my stupid mind to understand the concept of not caring about something. So I can put my type behind me......as long as he doesn't have a weapon.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I don't understand what it is about Pi and Je that would tend to make someone more sure of their type; it seems like it'd be the opposite to me. Or is it that P types are more open about their uncertainty, considering the way Pe gathers information?

I'm mixing shit up, methinks. Maybe the only thing wrong with my understanding here is my "seeming," and it's not actually this way at all...? Hmmph.

All I know is that it's taken me years to situate myself in ISFJ-land with reasonable comfortability and confidence, and it makes sense to me how Si has/had contributed to the nature of the difficulties I had in finding my type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.

I notice when people change type a lot they often settle on an S type, but sometimes they flip back & forth again later. I notice they get stuck on details for a type, which makes it hard to settle on a best fit.

----

Most of the prominent INFPs seem correctly typed, however, save a few. A few may be ISFP too.
    People seem to think being wacky means N, but it doesn't. SPs especially can seem wacky & weird & I know a lot of ESxJs who wield Ne in their humor a lot. It's a matter of not confusing some traits with a whole mindset.

I don't necessarily think most are mistyped or very far off from their type though (perhaps just I/E confusion or something like that). The vibe here is quite different from other message boards I have frequented. I really do think it's genuinely dominated by iNtuitive dom/aux types here.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Society

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.
    i talk to her rather frequently, and in a comfortable environment left to her own device @shortnsweet Ne's like there's no tomorrow. i think she really likes the idea of thinking of herself as a sensor - in the basic non-function-based misconception of of of S vs. N that you have in the community, where N's are the misunderstood high-brow snowflakes and S's are the humble populace, she has a view of herself that's more fitting with the later, and that's the image she displays. but if you go by function analysis she is very Ne, almost as much as she is Fi - almost. she can use both without exhaustion, which suggests that if we accept ambiverts to be a real thing (and i am not convinced that it is), she would be one.

your resident asshole

Without reading this thread, I will give my opinion.

I'm sure there are people typed correctly, but not many. It seems like people type themselves on how they want to be, not how they actually are. Although you may know yourself better than anyone else, you probably don't know yourself as well as you think you do. Thus is the paradox of typing (if it even has any merit).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And when I use logic in my justifications people say it's Fi. Go figure.

Anyway, and I should probably just take my type off because I'll probably never be 100% sure of it, no one has answered exactly what the relation is between Ti and being sure of one's type.

I mentioned this in a thread and @LeaT said they essentially had no relation to each other; and that was the collective response.

Ok then, I have 5 primary functions instead of 4. Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si. Not always in that order. This has not been proven otherwise either.

Because I'm a special snowflake.
    I don't say that Fi uses logic. I say that Fi uses personal moral values and represses emotions.

We are all equally special snowflakes, and that's why none of us are special.

But what am I to make out of Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si? INFJ (as I've always said) is the most likely result, with ENTP second most likely. This is because Ni is the top score, while the only judging function with the opposite attitude is Fe. Thus INFJ. That's how the test came out, it's not because I think you're an INFJ.

ENTP comes from Ne being the second highest score, with Ti as the highest judging function of the opposite attitude relative to Ne.

You've also said that your function results vary. This is hardly a novel result of taking the test multiple times. But it would be interesting to compare many different results.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't say that Fi uses logic. I say that Fi uses personal moral values and represses emotions.

We are all equally special snowflakes, and that's why none of us are special.

But what am I to make out of Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si? INFJ (as I've always said) is the most likely result, with ENTP second most likely. This is because Ni is the top score, while the only judging function with the opposite attitude is Fe. Thus INFJ. That's how the test came out, it's not because I think you're an INFJ.

ENTP comes from Ne being the second highest score, with Ti as the highest judging function of the opposite attitude relative to Ne.

You've also said that your function results vary. This is hardly a novel result of taking the test multiple times. But it would be interesting to compare many different results.
    Right, and I did say they were not necessarily listed in order. I think Ni and Ne kind of switch back and forth, and Ti and Fe do the same; and usually N is before T and F.

I dunno. That's just what it feels like. I'm not seriously proposing this as a theory. Nor am I arguing for a certain type. As I've said before, I don't really care anymore; I'm just curious if new information comes along. If I'm wrong it's not important enough to me to change it, as I probably won't be sure of anything. So XNTP+INFJ (or the other way around) for now.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Right, and I did say they were not necessarily listed in order. I think Ni and Ne kind of switch back and forth, and Ti and Fe do the same; and usually N is before T and F.

I dunno. That's just what it feels like. I'm not seriously proposing this as a theory. Nor am I arguing for a certain type. As I've said before, I don't really care anymore; I'm just curious if new information comes along. If I'm wrong it's not important enough to me to change it, as I probably won't be sure of anything. So XNTP+INFJ (or the other way around) for now.
    The new information, which is really not new, is to test for the individual letters separately. They have meanings besides function meanings. For example, Feeling has a group of traits separate from Fe and Fi. And function tests don't even test for P/J or E/I separately.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The new information, which is really not new, is to test for the individual letters separately. They have meanings besides function meanings. For example, Feeling has a group of traits separate from Fe and Fi. And function tests don't even test for P/J or E/I separately.
    Well, fwiw, I have never tested as INFJ on an online test. I most often have tested as INTP. Second INTJ, then INFP, then occasionally ENTP or ENTJ.

What exactly are these traits? Because I think I'm in the middle on all the letters. Which is why I go by functions.

Society

That's how the test came out
    ...99% of the justification for the typological communities are set from the fact that current test suck, and the function test has mastered the sucking altogether: have you had a skim at the overall results people had? i've gotten Ni second to my Ne, other people got Te second to their Ti, many people got duels like that all across the board. it simply doesn't ask the best of questions.