• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh good. If it has no bearing on this conversation, I can safely ignore the entire, presumptuous latter half of your post. Saves me time and energy.

It may be safe, but certainly not interesting nor eye-opening to ignore.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't mean to accuse you of being the bad test writer... its just that i hear that kind of thing all the time (more along the line of the two later examples) and the logic behind that sort of thinking seems ridiculous - if you need to have reasons for why something isn't working properly due to the circumstances it has to function in, the problem isn't the circumstances, it's the lack of adaptation towards them.

How would you adapt a test to someone who takes single words out of the context of an entire test question, and bases their response on that?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting....so do I come off as unadulterated 'whateverIam-ness'?

As an aside, your avatars always seem INFJ to me. They're Ni-like and a bit dark. Slightly macabre humor and aesthetic. I can't say I have ever seen any types besides a few ENFJs (whose avatars tend to be "louder"/"brighter") and ENTPs (whose avatars tend to have more chaos) with avatars like the ones you tend to use. It's a bit odd to type off pictures, I suppose, but they are easier for me to read and remember than aggregate posts.

Mmm. I think there are examples of ENFPs where you can sense Ne being tempered by something else. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], for instance, feels as Fi as she does Ne. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] comes off as almost as Ne-Fi as she does Ne-Te, interestingly enough. Interacting with Shorty feels like Ne with everything else as something of an after thought. It's just pure motion from idea to idea, concept to concept. She's as much raw Ne as [MENTION=5731]Kalach[/MENTION] is Ni.

Oh, yes, I agree with you for Amargith and myself. Perhaps because I'm a fellow Ne-dom, sns doesn't come off as super purely Ne to me. If anything, she seems Ne>Fi>Si to me. Hence her sweetness, perhaps. :)

There was one ENFP who used to come off as super Ne... I will be back, have to go find her username...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also think AA is INFJ, and I know at least half of the forum would disagree on that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Me too, but the perrenial problem is how can you see a process that is internal in people and that some people can't even articulate about themselves?

The reason people get hung up on appearance (photos and video) or on behavior is that it's observable.

Absolutely. What is fascinating to me is when two people exhibit the same behavior for completely different reasons. Or when things line up surprisingly because of confounding factors - like who is the planner in my relationship? It's not the J - it's the P. Because the P is a 6 while the J is a 9.

I mentioned this in a thread and [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION] said they essentially had no relation to each other; and that was the collective response.

Hm. I think that they can influence one another, though I'm not sure which develops first, or to what extent they develop concurrently. I think there are certainly more likely and less likely combinations, and I find it hard to believe that enneatype and MBTI do not affect one another.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think most of the INFJ's on this forum are INFP's overidentifying with judging.

S

Society

How would you adapt a test to someone who takes single words out of the context of an entire test question, and bases their response on that?

if you find the cognitive function test per type threads and check my posts, i've outlined in a few a large number of exceptions to the dichotomies. this isn't the occasional user misreading a word in one question, this is a repeating and common phenomena where many test subjects "misreading" enough questions to drastically shift their cognitive function results.

we can conclude from that one of two things:

1. the jungian dichotomies are BS (which is possible).
2. the dichotomies aren't well portrayed by the questions.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a far better test would ask questions which test for the things which are actually tested. More questions like "If you are in x situation, which is your most frequent response" then "for which reasons?" and make it as concrete as possible. Not purely testing behavior, but translating the mental processes into examples and having people choose from them. Like collecting together the ways people can observe the letters and CF's and then having people say which ones apply, rather than choose from dichotomies.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You asked: Is anybody here correctly typed? I said there is one close to the mark.

mark:

- what is aimed at
- object
- bull's eye
- target
- butt

Whatever.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved some personal drama to OT Posts. Don't do that.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I've a question for everyone in this thread...

Do you identify with the same type now as you did with your first ever MBTI test (doesn't have to be official)? It seems as if after actually learning the theory, tests are no longer objective. Deep down, there is a subconscious part of you that always picks the answers to the type you think you are at the moment. At least, I've noticed this in myself. Even if I am trying to be totally honest, my results of these tests seem to usually change to the type I am feeling at that moment. Perhaps it is when we are most ignorant that the results are most accurate.

Dunno if anyone will answer this. I'm thinking of making a separate thread so I can have a poll.

G

garbage

I've a question for everyone in this thread...

Do you identify with the same type now as you did with your first ever MBTI test (doesn't have to be official)? It seems as if after actually learning the theory, tests are no longer objective. Deep down, there is a subconscious part of you that always picks the answers to the type you think you are at the moment. At least, I've noticed this in myself. Even if I am trying to be totally honest, my results of these tests seem to usually change to the type I am feeling at that moment. Perhaps it is when we are most ignorant that the results are most accurate.

Dunno if anyone will answer this. I'm thinking of making a separate thread so I can have a poll.
I think this is worth a separate thread. Go for it! :happy2:

For the record, my answer is "yes, I still relate to it; but it's probably not my type and I also relate to others."