User Tag List

First 123412 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I try to explain how I think of them in terms of behaviors and motivations for behavior, and how to identify them, but then people keep saying I'm being too general and saying it could just as easily be something else, not everyone is like that, yada yada yada.

If you can't categorize things according to letters and CF's, then what's the point? There is no system apart from that, and it doesn't in any way translate into anything outside of your head if you can't make generalizations which are observable. Either people of a certain type behave a certain way or they don't, and in the latter case, the system is worthless. And as far as processing information goes, there has to be some way of knowing how someone processes information.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    They are known amongst the least likely to confuse their types for another because of that damn dom Ti with Ne as support. "All of these options, which one is true for me?"
    a surprising number of INFPs too:

@chana
    @prplchknz
    @shortnsweet
    @PeaceBaby
    @Southern Kross
    @Ivy (except enneagram)
    @OrangeAppled

with a system structured like the MBTI and a type that can seem so perpetually uncertain and i am pretty sure make up their own semantics as they go along (throughout a sentence), you wouldn't expect it. yet somehow...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

All I know is that I'm very rarely typed accurately myself, but you know what, I don't care; I will believe as I wish, despite the truths running counter to my own personal opinions!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I try to explain how I think of them in terms of behaviors and motivations for behavior, and how to identify them, but then people keep saying I'm being too general and saying it could just as easily be something else, not everyone is like that, yada yada yada.

If you can't categorize things according to letters and CF's, then what's the point? There is no system apart from that, and it doesn't in any way translate into anything outside of your head if you can't make generalizations which are observable. Either people of a certain type behave a certain way or they don't, and in the latter case, the system is worthless. And as far as processing information goes, there has to be some way of knowing how someone processes information.
    Yes, JCF is not behavior or persona. This comes in with theories like Keirsey, and I know very early on a couple of Sensors agreed that my persona seemed ESFP...one ISTP and one ISTJ kept insisting this, and after being close to an ISxJ for several years, he decided that ISFP was actually the best fit for me, as the "extroversion" seemed to be a kind of persona.

Also on the Keirsey site they looked at my video and said I seemed ESFP.

However, here, a couple of people still suggested ISFP for me after seeing my video.

I think "in person" the most common typings for me were ENFP, ESxP, and ENFj.

It really depends on which theory you follow, honestly.

It also depends on how accurately and completely you're seeing the "subject" at hand, which is impossible to do from casual forum contact in many cases, except for glaring repeated examples of something over and over again.

Jung took years to "type" his patients, typically.

People will essentially say "x" or "y" person is typed correctly if it agrees most with the theory they themselves prefer.

One of the reasons I recently put "SEE" as my type was so that people could comprehend that I specifically mean the Socionics theory, the relatively asocial, small-group-preferring ESFp in Socionics is not the wildly social ESFP party animal that some other people think of.

I still think it's most likely that in JCF I'm probably an ISFP. Fi seems to be my preferred function, and I use too much Ni to be an Se dom, but I also use too much sensing to be an ENFP, and the type of sensing I use actually has more to do with Jungian's definition of the Se type than the Si type, anyway.

I think being an Se/Fi or Fi/Se type is probably why I bug an unnatural number of self-typed INTJs on the Internet. "Oh irrational, oh bold and uncontrollable monstrous ho-bag of a woman, shut your fool mouth" is pretty much what a lot of them seem to project on me.

It's kind of entertaining, to be perfectly honest with you, but I'm tired of "getting into trouble."

Especially since they are so unlikely their own bias and irrationality as a type, for whatever reason.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    a surprising number of INFPs too:

@chana
    woooo! as a misguided youth i thought i was an ENFP 7w8, but that seems ridiculous now.

Me! After all, I am the queen of ENFJs!
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Don't we already have a thread for this?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Don't we already have a thread for this?
    That ancient thread concerns outing the mistyped members.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Who on this forum do you think is correctly typed?
    Let's cut to the chase..... who on this forum thinks there is such a shortage of correctly typed people that it makes sense to list them?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

It's really quite simple. The letter P designates a "basket" of behaviors, beliefs, and cognitive methods. The letter "J" designates the opposite kind of behaviors, beliefs, and cognitive methods. Some people choose more of P than J; others choose more J than P.

But to say that every ESFP HAS to have such and such P traits is where the fallacy lies. And that's why typological systems, whether Keirsey's or otherwise, aren't based in stereotypes. Keirsey's, at any rate, is based in temperament styles, not stereotypes (such as, "all black people are lazy").

The people who think that Keirsey stereotypes are the same people who think Mexican is a race.

Yes, I just created a stereotype.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”