First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Oh good. If it has no bearing on this conversation, I can safely ignore the entire, presumptuous latter half of your post. Saves me time and energy.
    It may be safe, but certainly not interesting nor eye-opening to ignore.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i didn't mean to accuse you of being the bad test writer... its just that i hear that kind of thing all the time (more along the line of the two later examples) and the logic behind that sort of thinking seems ridiculous - if you need to have reasons for why something isn't working properly due to the circumstances it has to function in, the problem isn't the circumstances, it's the lack of adaptation towards them.
    How would you adapt a test to someone who takes single words out of the context of an entire test question, and bases their response on that?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Interesting....so do I come off as unadulterated 'whateverIam-ness'?
    As an aside, your avatars always seem INFJ to me. They're Ni-like and a bit dark. Slightly macabre humor and aesthetic. I can't say I have ever seen any types besides a few ENFJs (whose avatars tend to be "louder"/"brighter") and ENTPs (whose avatars tend to have more chaos) with avatars like the ones you tend to use. It's a bit odd to type off pictures, I suppose, but they are easier for me to read and remember than aggregate posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Mmm. I think there are examples of ENFPs where you can sense Ne being tempered by something else. @Amargith, for instance, feels as Fi as she does Ne. @skylights comes off as almost as Ne-Fi as she does Ne-Te, interestingly enough. Interacting with Shorty feels like Ne with everything else as something of an after thought. It's just pure motion from idea to idea, concept to concept. She's as much raw Ne as @Kalach is Ni.
    Oh, yes, I agree with you for Amargith and myself. Perhaps because I'm a fellow Ne-dom, sns doesn't come off as super purely Ne to me. If anything, she seems Ne>Fi>Si to me. Hence her sweetness, perhaps.

There was one ENFP who used to come off as super Ne... I will be back, have to go find her username...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I also think AA is INFJ, and I know at least half of the forum would disagree on that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Me too, but the perrenial problem is how can you see a process that is internal in people and that some people can't even articulate about themselves?

The reason people get hung up on appearance (photos and video) or on behavior is that it's observable.
    Absolutely. What is fascinating to me is when two people exhibit the same behavior for completely different reasons. Or when things line up surprisingly because of confounding factors - like who is the planner in my relationship? It's not the J - it's the P. Because the P is a 6 while the J is a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I mentioned this in a thread and @LeaT said they essentially had no relation to each other; and that was the collective response.
    Hm. I think that they can influence one another, though I'm not sure which develops first, or to what extent they develop concurrently. I think there are certainly more likely and less likely combinations, and I find it hard to believe that enneatype and MBTI do not affect one another.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Who on this forum do you think is correctly typed?
    Whatever. She typed herself ESTP. and she is EXTP. It is so close to the mark.
    Of the others, I cannot say.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Whatever. She typed herself ESTP. and she is EXTP. It is so close to the mark.
    Of the others, I cannot say.
    Who? What?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think most of the INFJ's on this forum are INFP's overidentifying with judging.

Society

How would you adapt a test to someone who takes single words out of the context of an entire test question, and bases their response on that?
    if you find the cognitive function test per type threads and check my posts, i've outlined in a few a large number of exceptions to the dichotomies. this isn't the occasional user misreading a word in one question, this is a repeating and common phenomena where many test subjects "misreading" enough questions to drastically shift their cognitive function results.

we can conclude from that one of two things:

1. the jungian dichotomies are BS (which is possible).
    2. the dichotomies aren't well portrayed by the questions.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think a far better test would ask questions which test for the things which are actually tested. More questions like "If you are in x situation, which is your most frequent response" then "for which reasons?" and make it as concrete as possible. Not purely testing behavior, but translating the mental processes into examples and having people choose from them. Like collecting together the ways people can observe the letters and CF's and then having people say which ones apply, rather than choose from dichotomies.