First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I put a conscious Fi leash on my Ne, as it gets me in trouble otherwise. Sns is indeed very Ne but she is Ne without going in overdrive and that is rather admirable (and yes, resembles INFPs who are going on an Ne bender to connect with people, come to think of it). I know that when I dont put a leash on my Ne, people start running for cover. I kind of feel like the girl with the red shoes who cannot stop dancing.
    you're just really sx.. I have the nervous self pres. type 6 thing going on for sure.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Mmm. I think there are examples of ENFPs where you can sense Ne being tempered by something else. @Amargith, for instance, feels as Fi as she does Ne. @skylights comes off as almost as Ne-Fi as she does Ne-Te, interestingly enough. Interacting with Shorty feels like Ne with everything else as something of an after thought. It's just pure motion from idea to idea, concept to concept. She's as much raw Ne as @Kalach is Ni.
    Interesting....so do I come off as unadulterated 'whateverIam-ness'?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Interesting....so do I come off as unadulterated 'whateverIam-ness'?
    stop spilling affy juices all over the floor!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Jumping on the Shorty = ENFP train. The woman is pretty much unadulterated Ne.
    So NOT INFP. That's my main point. But my opinion is the same as it was.

I don't type people based on personas like earthy or whatever. It's how the thinking comes through in expressions. Interaction creates too much bias. Better to just observe.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't type people based on personas like earthy or whatever. It's how the thinking comes through in expressions. Interaction creates too much bias. Better to just observe.
    How do you parse out interaction style vs expression style? What distinction are you creating here?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    stop spilling affy juices all over the floor!
    Squelch!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

How do you parse out interaction style vs expression style? What distinction are you creating here?
    I don't know how to explain it because to me the distinction is so obvious. It's like asking me to tell you why orange & blue are not the same color...?

I guess if I used an analogy it's like guessing what someone looks like naked under their clothes. The clothes are much more intentional & can obscure a lot, and it's certainly not a science to "see" behind them without actually seeing behind them. You can guess a body shape even if clothes seem to make it appear otherwise.

So personas & thinking styles are kind of like that, although it's not a great analogy still.

There's just a lot of reading between the lines as to what thinking went into an expresion vs what is being expressed or how it is being expressed. It's like the guessing what a recipe is made of by tasting it. Even that's not really what I'd compare it to, but I can't think of anything else atm.

I think Dario Nardi mentions how people appear to use Ne-ish thinking, for example, but not Ne processes really. People will show styles associated with Ne often in humor & creative "brain-storming", yet, they aren't showing the christmas tree pattern.
    I see people attribute random & wacky to Ne a lot, but I don't see the kind of trans contextual thinking in such individuals outside of humor or playful interaction. It doesn't seem like their lens for consciousness, to me. While you cannot see this pattern without such a machine, much as you'd need some special x-ray glasses to see through people's clothes :P, you can see what is not seen through an inferring of sorts.

The reason interaction gets in the way is people begin to see someone in terms of how they feel about them - how they value them. It's like someone becoming more visually attractive because you like them or uglier because you dislike them.

So when I see a person's type questioned & friends come to their "defense" (even no one is being "accused" of anything), it sounds like they are just trying to smooth feelings. They seem to interpret the type questioning as a value attack rather than an observation that has nothing to do with value. This is especially true when suggested the person is S & not N (although that suggests a bias on the part of the "defender"; they are the one attaching more value to N). And sometimes this is done because it's natural to speak in terms of voids when stating why someone may not be a certain type, and that can sound as if you're implying they're lesser or something.

To me, the undertone sounds something like:

"So-and-so is my friend & they seem like X type to me! It's insulting question their identity! I'm defending their type to show I support them!".

Sometimes it involves a rapport they feel, so they think the person must be something more similar to their own type than otherwise suggested. The rapport is also why interaction brings bias in typing.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing shortnsweet's type, honestly (that first post was just an offhand comment), so this post is more general, just FYI.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So does the fact that I am terrible at recognizing these subtle thinking patterns which underlie speech and behavior mean I'm a sensor?

Also @OrangeAppled, I think occasionally there is a sort of accusation underlying people's questioning of type, although it is admittedly hard to pinpoint. What I respond to (in myself and others) is the assertion that the person in question is incorrect in his reasoning or does not know herself. I think this is more along the lines of an accusation than an observation in many (though not all) cases. In order to make the difference clear a person should be careful of the tone and words they use. This can be especially confusing in conjunction with the same people making derogatory remarks about things said person has posted or things in the person's personality. It all kind of adds up to a negative tone sometimes, which colors everything they say about the subject matter.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't know how to explain it because to me the distinction is so obvious. It's like asking me to tell you why orange & blue are not the same color...?
    No, it was requesting a clarification of your terms. One can be perfectly familiar with the color blue, but you still may seek additional interpretation if you and the guy next to you are look at the same object and one calls it “blue” and the other “aoi”. Most concepts happen to be obvious when given proper explanation.

Case in point:

There's just a lot of reading between the lines as to what thinking went into an expresion vs what is being expressed or how it is being expressed. It's like the guessing what a recipe is made of by tasting it. Even that's not really what I'd compare it to, but I can't think of anything else atm.
    That’s what all “typing” amounts to, isn’t it? You take a behavior your or pattern of behavior and reverse engineer it to see how a person came to it. I’m pretty sure this is what everyone does…

I'm not particularly interested in discussing shortnsweet's type, honestly (that first post was just an offhand comment), so this post is more general, just FYI.
    Oh good. If it has no bearing on this conversation, I can safely ignore the entire, presumptuous latter half of your post. Saves me time and energy.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    How old are you?
    It's it important if I say 3?