First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ...99% of the justification for the typological communities are set from the fact that current test suck, and the function test has mastered the sucking altogether: have you had a skim at the overall results people had? i've gotten Ni second to my Ne, other people got Te second to their Ti, many people got duels like that all across the board. it simply doesn't ask the best of questions.
    I have not only skimmed the test results, I have studied them closely. They aren't usually as sucky as you make them out to be. Sometimes they are. One of the issues, however, is not the test or the test-maker, but the test-taker who tends to over-analyze and nitpick at every question. Some of them are able to see part of themselves in every answer. I wonder if it takes a highly developed sense of self to get a proper result? If "you" don't know "who you are," then these tests aren't going to help very much.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I have not only skimmed the test results, I have studied them closely. They aren't usually as sucky as you make them out to be. Sometimes they are. One of the issues, however, is not the test or the test-maker, but the test-taker who tends to over-analyze and nitpick at every question. Some of them are able to see part of themselves in every answer. I wonder if it takes a highly developed sense of self to get a proper result? If "you" don't know "who you are," then these tests aren't going to help very much.
    oh i see, so they are meant to analyze the cognitive functions of those with a sense of self 'highly' developed enough to match their cognitive function output with what the questions assume it would be...

...and there i thought it was meant to test people

i'll put it right between "the customer was too stupid to understand they liked our product" and "it should fly theoretically, it's not our fault air currents don't work properly".

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.

I notice when people change type a lot they often settle on an S type, but sometimes they flip back & forth again later. I notice they get stuck on details for a type, which makes it hard to settle on a best fit.

----

Most of the prominent INFPs seem correctly typed, however, save a few. A few may be ISFP too.
    People seem to think being wacky means N, but it doesn't. SPs especially can seem wacky & weird & I know a lot of ESxJs who wield Ne in their humor a lot. It's a matter of not confusing some traits with a whole mindset.

I don't necessarily think most are mistyped or very far off from their type though (perhaps just I/E confusion or something like that). The vibe here is quite different from other message boards I have frequented. I really do think it's genuinely dominated by iNtuitive dom/aux types here.
    @Mane is correct, ( and anyone else who actually interacts with me.) I don't have the anti sensor bias at all, but I have found that most people who are stuck on typing me as sfp are just people who are stuck in the past image I portrayed. (actually, my personality was always similar except that I was shoving "I'M A PRAGMATIC SFP" down everyone's throat so was hard to alter people's views who I don't really talk to. I did notice that people accept changes from N to S better than S to N in a lot of cases.) I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.

(also, I know this wasn't necessarily directed at me, but I don't remember viewing myself as "wacky".) Also, I haven't changed my type from NFP in 2 years- i'm not "people who change their type all the time". I'm "person who changed from sfp to nfp" and have definitely placed a lot of importance on becoming an S, and continue to do so. (Edit!: Not "becoming an S", just working on those traits so I can be happier/help some of my problems.) (I discovered that I do the Si really well when I'm focused on it.)

if you look into socionics, i'm a storybook delta, very different from the mob of beta NF's crawling around here. Not "quirky" "mysterious" or "weird" or some other things that people like to think of themselves, but still very Ne/Si. Elitism =/= intuition.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Am I typed correctly?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Am I typed correctly?
    I don't know, hmmmm answer this for me: INTJ is to joy what ESFP is to soy?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I don't know, hmmmm answer this for me: INTJ is to joy what ESFP is to soy?

WALMART

Dear @shortnsweet,

How are you today? Jake and I are doing fine. Mary's passing has taken a toll on us all, but we are pulling through. Remember the time we all had on Barbados? The kids still talk about the catamaran your uncle sent us on. I can't remember how many Heroine's I drank that night! Still having trouble finding it here state-side, our beer selection on imports isn't all that...

Give Dan my regards, tell him I am praying for his crops to turn a fair share at market this spring - you all deserve it.

See you in October,

- Jon

P.S. you are definitely INFP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    @Mane is correct, ( and anyone else who actually interacts with me.) I don't have the anti sensor bias at all, but I have found that most people who are stuck on typing me as sfp are just people who are stuck in the past image I portrayed. (actually, my personality was always similar except that I was shoving "I'M A PRAGMATIC SFP" down everyone's throat so was hard to alter people's views who I don't really talk to. I did notice that people accept changes from N to S better than S to N in a lot of cases.) I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.

(also, I know this wasn't necessarily directed at me, but I don't remember viewing myself as "wacky".) Also, I haven't changed my type from NFP in 2 years- i'm not "people who change their type all the time". I'm "person who changed from sfp to nfp" and have definitely placed a lot of importance on becoming an S, and continue to do so. (Edit!: Not "becoming an S", just working on those traits so I can be happier/help some of my problems.) (I discovered that I do the Si really well when I'm focused on it.)

if you look into socionics, i'm a storybook delta, very different from the mob of beta NF's crawling around here. Not "quirky" "mysterious" or "weird" or some other things that people like to think of themselves, but still very Ne/Si. Elitism =/= intuition.
    Yeah in Socionics you are so much more Delta and I am so much more Gamma, and it cracks me up that anyone would think that our types should be switched to maintain some kind of faint Si linear sense of comfort; if I'm a Delta, then pigs must have begun flying.

Society

to be fair, from a distance, it is an understandable mistake:

Elitism =/= intuition.
    even if one isn't into the "N>S" schizm mentality, it would be incredibly difficult to not get that atmosphere everywhere around this community from both ends - the "i am so intelligent but so misunderstood" N vs. the "we are down here on earth keeping it real!" S. its entirely natural that people will absorb that atmosphere, even if they aren't willing to consciously drink the kool aid.

regardless of your type and functions, you do - entirely - vibe of the later, it's the atmosphere you project around you, and from what i've observed much of your value system points towards that direction.

I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.
    you are right that 1on1 and real time interaction would leave people more informed, but most people here don't go on vent or tiny. there are plenty of other social groups and networks here - people exchange FBs, skype, tweets, emails, PMs, write on each other's visitor boards and even know each other in real life, etc... but for people you aren't connected too in any means by that forum, it's perfectly reasonable for them to make conclusions based on the information they have - what they see in the forums. in fact i am sure there are some people here who don't have contacts from here beyond it at all, and would be limited with any conclusion they can reach on anyone exclusively based on what they have from the forum.

and.. well, you don't exactly Ne much in public - if you don't have at least one or two people you are comfortable with, you rarely ever go there. likewise, Se - whether its there or not - isn't as visible in an online medium.

i am not saying OAs correct - function-wise she isn't - and i do get why misconceptions like this can be frustrating (this reminds me of when i thought you're avid sims fan because you played it for a few days), but based on what you display and what material she would have to work from, added with the fact you used to think you are a sensor, it isn't a far reaching misconception.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    oh i see, so they are meant to analyze the cognitive functions of those with a sense of self 'highly' developed enough to match their cognitive function output with what the questions assume it would be...

...and there i thought it was meant to test people

i'll put it right between "the customer was too stupid to understand they liked our product" and "it should fly theoretically, it's not our fault air currents don't work properly".
    You'll have to ask them about that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”