User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 14

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default En Gallop Seeks Enlightenment

    Hi, I've been interested in MBTI for a while now, but I'd still like to get a clearer idea about the theory, and learn my own type. I have ideas about my type, but they change as I continue to learn new things. Any help would be nice.

    Well firstly, I'm most definitely an iNtuitive type. Whenever I take cognitive functions quizzes the Sensing functions always seem to be at the bottom of the pile haha. It also makes complete sense because I'm VERY bad with keeping track of time and place -- I'm constantly forgetting where I am, where I'm going, or why I'm doing it, because I'm busy thinking about other things haha. I also have a quite brilliant imagination, if I may say so myself. I like to think up stories, and would like to be a sci-fi or/and fantasy novelist.

    So then we come to "What kind of iNtuition: Ne or Ni?" I'm quite sure I'm an Ne xNxP, because I generally think up lots of random possibilities, then rationally tick them off and delete them in my head when coming to a decision (Ji?), until I'm left with the best choice. However, I don't really understand Ni -- it sounds a little delusional to me. I don't think you "Know" something unless you understand WHY you know it.

    As far as Thinker vs Feeler goes, I'm really not sure. I don't really relate to the Fi's great passionate side at all. I prefer to feel as few strong emotions as possible haha -- no good ever comes of them. Also, INFP's tend to have a grand Mission to save the world or whatever, and I don't really care so much. Of course, I do feel sorry for people going through difficult situations (who doesn't?) but I wouldn't ever want to actually go out there and HELP them. I just don't have that. The only times I really feel emotions is when I'm reading or watching something that moves me.

    I also tend to enjoy picking apart interesting ideas and improving up on the ideas of other people -- whether it's ethical philosophy, big bang cosmology, or a new take on the vampire myth haha. I just secretly think I'm more likely to get to the right answers than anyone else haha! Sounds funny to say it like that, but such is the truth. I think this might be Ti? I also like to pick apart exactly why I feel certain emotions towards different types of stories/characters, and don't really respect feelings as a wonderful, almost religious, thing like Fi-doms seem to do. Just because I like something doesn't mean it's Good.

    I'm also a very quiet in-my-own-head sort of person, which points strongly to Introvert, but I do wonder if Ne isn't actually my strongest function (ENTP?) as Sensing seems to be my weakest...


    So, any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Well, not that there was any debate in your mind, but I definitely concurr on the T part. I'm exactly equally split on the T/F (and my mom's suuuuuch an INFP) but I call myself a T b/c even though I have the same values as an F (subjective, can't stop myself from helping others, strong and complex emotions and the Fi passion), other than that, I function like a T. My pastor is also an INTP and MBTI nerd, and he told me about the profile on intp.org, and I was definitely nailed by 99% of it, but with the emotional stuff, I was just kinda like yeah...maybe when I was 8 or 9, but not now. But back to feelers, especially the part about how they hate conflict (actually, we do too, but because it feels "unclean" to be around all that emotion, as opposed to my mom, who will defer to almost any bs to stop the fighting)-I jump right in (not gossip or feuds, but I'm an absolute political junkie), b/c I looooooove debates about anything and everything and I've been told how I (accidentally) insult people sometimes,

  3. #3
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    when I thought I was just stating a fact! However, I've also discovered a difference between processing for NFs and NTs. Idk if you've read about Kiersey's totem animals, but NTs are owls and NFs are dolphins, who judge the world by the sonar they collect as they move through their lives, not with their razor-sharp night vision which they develop by removing themselves from the world; I am definitely a dolphin in that respect. But I'm also strangely friendly and gregarious for an INTP, and I've read that the more F you have, the more E you tend to have as well. But I think that ultimately, I just get at people to get to their ideas, and it's a huge sigh of relief at the end of the day when I can go home, shut the world out and process everything that's happened around me. As for the NP, don't bore me with details, don't constrict me with schedules, don't weigh me down with tradition, don't friggin tell me to wait in line behind someone whose talent is inferior to mine. Well, I hope my EF wasn't too niche as

  4. #4
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    to be irrelevant to all you "normal" INTPs (is that possible?), and sorry my pos phone made me make 3 comments out of this...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    When you have to stop and think about things is when they go wrong. - Tim Duncan

    Trust me, I did exactly the same thing with my own type on this forum, and the spectrum of suggestions I got didn't blend together so well!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarRose View Post
    Well, not that there was any debate in your mind, but I definitely concurr on the T part. I'm exactly equally split on the T/F (and my mom's suuuuuch an INFP) but I call myself a T b/c even though I have the same values as an F (subjective, can't stop myself from helping others, strong and complex emotions and the Fi passion), other than that, I function like a T. My pastor is also an INTP and MBTI nerd, and he told me about the profile on intp.org, and I was definitely nailed by 99% of it, but with the emotional stuff, I was just kinda like yeah...maybe when I was 8 or 9, but not now. But back to feelers, especially the part about how they hate conflict (actually, we do too, but because it feels "unclean" to be around all that emotion, as opposed to my mom, who will defer to almost any bs to stop the fighting)-I jump right in (not gossip or feuds, but I'm an absolute political junkie), b/c I looooooove debates about anything and everything and I've been told how I (accidentally) insult people sometimes,
    I like debates, as long as people are actually being open-minded and using their heads, rather than just saying "Urgh, I don't like that - it sucks!" I hate conflict that's emotional or physically threatening though; what's the point of it? If I have something to say that I know will upset people I'll usually keep it to myself, unless asked straight out. But if they do ask, then I give my true opinion, regardless of what they think, and try really hard to explain where exactly they are wrong in a way they'd understand and find interesting.

    The only thing that makes me wonder if I'm an F type is the fact I want to be a novelist. Aren't NF's meant to make the best authors? Anyone know of any good INTP fiction writers?

  7. #7
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    You certainly don't have to be an F to have an interest in art/be creative. Obama has been typed an INTP (for the love of MIKE people, he is soooooo not an ENFJ--his crap NEVER GETS DONE!!!), which you can definitely see if you read Dreams From My Father, which I did a couple years ago. He remembers so many details and make so few value judgments around the world--he just kinda gets by in whatever situation he is put into and adapts before he even realizes it, which indicates the INTP's chameleonic nature. I've read that INTPs are very creative people; there's just less feeling behind it. It's more like mastering a craft to us than creating art/evoking feeling. Other famous INTPs: Nas, Vanessa Carlton (she may be like me on the T/F though), Adele.

  8. #8
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    YES! THAT IS SO TRUE! I find that, when I don't overthink things or care too much is when my INTP coolheadness kicks in, allowing me to make the best decisions! That Fi really gets in my way. :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    When you have to stop and think about things is when they go wrong. - Tim Duncan

    Trust me, I did exactly the same thing with my own type on this forum, and the spectrum of suggestions I got didn't blend together so well!

  9. #9
    Junior Member MarRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8x7 sp
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    hmmm, gonna have to retract Adele...I was only thinking about her 1st album...I think fame has turned her into a J. the other 2 I stand by: highly detailed nature and complexity of lyrics/subject and the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarRose View Post
    You certainly don't have to be an F to have an interest in art/be creative. Obama has been typed an INTP (for the love of MIKE people, he is soooooo not an ENFJ--his crap NEVER GETS DONE!!!), which you can definitely see if you read Dreams From My Father, which I did a couple years ago. He remembers so many details and make so few value judgments around the world--he just kinda gets by in whatever situation he is put into and adapts before he even realizes it, which indicates the INTP's chameleonic nature. I've read that INTPs are very creative people; there's just less feeling behind it. It's more like mastering a craft to us than creating art/evoking feeling. Other famous INTPs: Nas, Vanessa Carlton (she may be like me on the T/F though), Adele.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarRose View Post
    You certainly don't have to be an F to have an interest in art/be creative. Obama has been typed an INTP (for the love of MIKE people, he is soooooo not an ENFJ--his crap NEVER GETS DONE!!!), which you can definitely see if you read Dreams From My Father, which I did a couple years ago. He remembers so many details and make so few value judgments around the world--he just kinda gets by in whatever situation he is put into and adapts before he even realizes it, which indicates the INTP's chameleonic nature. I've read that INTPs are very creative people; there's just less feeling behind it. It's more like mastering a craft to us than creating art/evoking feeling. Other famous INTPs: Nas, Vanessa Carlton (she may be like me on the T/F though), Adele.
    I read somewhere Barack Obama was ENTP.

    Yeah, I wouldn't say I was a "passionate" writer. I don't have any grand values to share or feelings to vent, I just like playing with really cool ideas and scenarios. Like "What if sociopathic dragons attacked a parallel world St. Petersburg and claimed to have killed God?" or "If there is a perfect race of aliens in the world, are they justified in killing every other species?" or "Is paedophilia ALWAYS wrong? Even if they love each other?" or "Let's create a magic system and religion focused around bananas!"

    I do tend to really REALLY like my characters though - but then I would haha.

Similar Threads

  1. Self Analysis and conclusions - seeking feedback.
    By TenebrousReflection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
  2. What about yourself do you seek to revise?
    By disregard in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
  3. Microsoft seeks patent for office 'spy' software
    By heart in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO