• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XNFX

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am not new to the personality typing. I know something about the functions, how they work, and I am pretty sure I am an NF type, but my never ending problem and confusion is which one? When I started with MBTI I couldn't decided if I am an ENFP, or INFP and after getting more into types and fucntions I also think if I could be an INFJ, the description seems to fit me well...I know this is long, but I wrote it to really describe my full personality. All of it... Can anyone plese help me decide this?
I am the person who likes to be in a company of other people. I love to spend time with my friends and close people. I like to discuss, talk, I am happy when I can share my opions and hobbies with others. But when it comes to meeting new people I am very shy. I never make the first step and always wait for someone else to start the conversation. It's hard for me to adapt in a new community and it takes me pretty long time to make some new friends. In the company of strangers, or in some big group I tend to by quiet, reserved and I rather stay outside of group activies, I can get involved if something gets really excited, but most of the times I am rather an individual. I acutally value my personal freedom and individuality more than anything. I can get into some group and make some friends, when there is someone who already likes and started to cominicate with me and I can feel some security from that person, anyway I am extremly sensitive on rejection. I have a strong need to be liked, which can be easily hurt. But I don't enjoy the time spent alone. Maybe it's because of my young age, and the fact I can't fully understand how useful can a solitude time be yet.
I love music, art and writting more, than anything. But I think a lot of people and also a lot of artists themselves tend to enjoy just the superficial features of music, or art. I always look for some meaning, or message that is hidden in the song. For me art and music, without any message can't be called an art. I love the sentence, that one my favorite singer said: "Our music is for those who still believe in the power of music to change everything. To change the world and human lives." And this is the reason why I want to make the music once. To have a chance to change something...Make the world a better place, help people, help the wolrd moove somewhere. I can clearly see the problems in sociaty and I take them very personally and I just feel the need to stop them, or at least help society to function better. That's why I am aslo interested in politics, sociology and psychology. The other reason is that I like structurs. I like when I know how things work and since I am orriented toward society I am interested in its system. I also love to be analytical, to think about problems, to go deep, not just look at the core. I actually like to think, I like to chellenge my mind. That's why I am also interested in science and technology. Even though I am not very good in math, or physics I always like to know about new discoveries. I also write a stories, poems and lyrics and I mostly use them to vent my emotions. I am good in using words, I can write pretty well and I am also good in languages.
In venting my emotions other way, than by writting I am not that good. As I said, I tend to be cold and reserved and it is a little difficult for me to show up my emotions. The true is I have a hard time hendeling my anger and I have a hot temper. I easily get mad about something and I am not afriad of fights. When it comes to protect myself and my opinions I am not afraid to stand up for them. But anyway most of my emotions are chaotic and unstable and I don't feel like I have a control over them. I tend to be pretty moody, depressive, negative...There are times when I am at my worst and without any motivation and than they are times when I can get excited almost about anything. It's like being bipolar or so... I can easily get excited about new ideas, I love to try new things and I am usually the one who creats crazy and spontanous ideas with the enthusiasm by the current situation. Sometimes I am intolerant and selfish to others. It's not because I wouldn't have an empathy for them, it's just sometimes my ideas and my opinons seem better to me, than anyone else's and that's when I can become pretty egoistical person. But the true is I like to help people. And I even can feel their emotions. I can easily say how someone feels, or what he wants these things just come naturally to me, but my problem is a lot of I just don't care about their feelings. I feel them, I know how they are, but I don't give a damn...But I could never watch anyone suffer. Even not an animals. I have deep empathy for living beings like that. I am also pretty good in getting into people's cores and true selves. I don't look at their shells, or masks that they use to protect themselves from the external world. I can look behind these mask and tell how person really is.
I like to view the world as a place to explore. A place full of new things. Everything is relative for me. I don't believe in any absolute right or wrong. I don't believe someone can be bad, or good. These things don't really exist. I like when things around me change and I need new and new things to get excited about and to explore and analyze. But I sometimes tend to stick up to some plan, or schedule. I don't really like when things are chaning without any previous warning. I like to know what will happen next, I don't like when the things are totaly unexcepted. I need to know that I am going some right path and that I will reach some goal, because without any future goal I have no motivation to go. When I get excited about something very much I tend to stick up to it. Analyze it over and over, explore the different posibilities almost like an obsession. I need to know how and why is something that way it is and I can't stop untill I know it. But when I do something I am not interested into, it is usually half done, messy work that no one can like.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No ideas about this one? :-/ I really tried to describe me as good as I could and I really have som pretty bad dilemma.

Starry

I never make the first step and always wait for someone else to start the conversation .

Being an ENFP myself... I honestly admit I wasn't able to read your entire post. So, going off of the little information I was able to gather with my limited attention span... I would rule ENFP out on the above statement alone (I would actually rule ENFP out on the basis of your avatar and user name as well...but now that's just quack-typology).

What I really came here to ask is...how do you test?

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Being an ENFP myself... I honestly admit I wasn't able to read your entire post. So, going off of the little information I was able to gather with my limited attention span... I would rule ENFP out on the above statement alone (I would actually rule ENFP out on the basis of your avatar and user name as well...but now that's just quack-typology).

What I really came here to ask is...how do you test?
When I take the classical four letter MBTI test I almost always score as XNFP, but a lot often even as XNTP...Usually there is almost noone diffrences between F/T and I/E parts of my tests. But when I take the cognitive fuctnion test I score as Ni domminant type with very high Fi and also Ti...This makes it a little bit chaotic...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I take the classical four letter MBTI test I almost always score as XNFP, but a lot often even as XNTP...Usually there is almost noone diffrences between F/T and I/E parts of my tests. But when I take the cognitive fuctnion test I score as Ni domminant type with very high Fi and also Ti...This makes it a little bit chaotic...

Your OP is very difficult to read because it looks like a wall o' post.

What was your lowest score on the cognitive functions test?

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your OP is very difficult to read because it looks like a wall o' post.

What was your lowest score on the cognitive functions test?

My lowest score was Se

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My lowest score was Se

I've studied a lot of function test scores, and I've found that the lowest score often points to the dominant function. In your case, that's Ni.

Starry

I've studied a lot of function test scores, and I've found that the lowest score often points to the dominant function. In your case, that's Ni.

I can't even believe I'm going to admit to this...but when I look at her user name and avatar I instantly think Ni dom. And then for whatever reason...4w5 and 5w4s...you see a lot of avatars with faces that are obscured in some way...lots of masks...eyes censored out is a theme I've seen thousands of times.

But you are right about the OP. I feel so bad but I can't bring myself to read it because of the 'great wall' I can't get over. So I am unable to make any educated guesses.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can't even believe I'm going to admit to this...but when I look at her user name and avatar I instantly think Ni dom. And then for whatever freaky reason...4w5 and 5w4s...you see a lot of avatars with faces that are obscured in some way...lots of masks...eyes censored out is a theme I've seen thousands of times.

But you are right about the OP. I feel so bad but I can't bring myself to read it because of the 'great wall' I can't get over. So I am unable to make any educated guesses.

I am really sorry I did it so long. I just wanted to make sure I will write about my personality as accurate as I can. I really feel as Ni dominant type and I also tested that way in cognitive functions test, the problem is I have almost noone Fe, or Te...I use a lot of Fi. Also INXJs seem to be alot different than me. I am irresponsible, easy going, don' t like responsibilities, do everything at the last time, careless, terrible at planning, or organization, lazy as shit :D ... Really the things typical for Pe types and if I would use Fi it makes sense, but the freaking Ni. I totaly see myself in its description and I think I might be INFJ, but can I be irresponsible, careless, easy going "don't giving a damn" INFJ? :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am really sorry I did it so long. I just wanted to make sure I will write about my personality as accurate as I can. I really feel as Ni dominant type and I also tested that way in cognitive functions test, the problem is I have almost noone Fe, or Te...I use a lot of Fi. Also INXJs seem to be alot different than me. I am irresponsible, easy going, don' t like responsibilities, do everything at the last time, careless, terrible at planning, or organization, lazy as shit :D ... Really the things typical for Pe types and if I would use Fi it makes sense, but the freaking Ni. I totaly see myself in its description and I think I might be INFJ, but can I be irresponsible, careless, easy going "don't giving a damn" INFJ? :D

This sounds like an INFP all over the place:

"In venting my emotions other way, than by writting I am not that good. As I said, I tend to be cold and reserved and it is a little difficult for me to show up my emotions. The true is I have a hard time hendeling my anger and I have a hot temper. I easily get mad about something and I am not afriad of fights. When it comes to protect myself and my opinions I am not afraid to stand up for them. But anyway most of my emotions are chaotic and unstable and I don't feel like I have a control over them. I tend to be pretty moody, depressive, negative...There are times when I am at my worst and without any motivation and than they are times when I can get excited almost about anything. It's like being bipolar or so... I can easily get excited about new ideas, I love to try new things and I am usually the one who creats crazy and spontanous ideas with the enthusiasm by the current situation. Sometimes I am intolerant and selfish to others. It's not because I wouldn't have an empathy for them, it's just sometimes my ideas and my opinons seem better to me, than anyone else's and that's when I can become pretty egoistical person. But the true is I like to help people. And I even can feel their emotions. I can easily say how someone feels, or what he wants these things just come naturally to me, but my problem is a lot of I just don't care about their feelings. I feel them, I know how they are, but I don't give a damn...But I could never watch anyone suffer. Even not an animals. I have deep empathy for living beings like that. I am also pretty good in getting into people's cores and true selves. I don't look at their shells, or masks that they use to protect themselves from the external world. I can look behind these mask and tell how person really is."

Starry

I am really sorry I did it so long. I just wanted to make sure I will write about my personality as accurate as I can.

Please do not apologize, especially since this has nothing to do with you or any fault on your part - absolutely not. Many ENFPs, not all but enough to where this is a known thing, have great difficultly reading large chunks of text when there are no paragraphs or bulleted points. If you are interested check out the ENFP Common Issues thread in the NF section where there is a discussion on this very issue. For me it's like I just can't find my way in because of how I organize information in my mind. Again, it's just me.

I really feel as Ni dominant type and I also tested that way in cognitive functions test, the problem is I have almost noone Fe, or Te...I use a lot of Fi. Also INXJs seem to be alot different than me. I am irresponsible, easy going, don' t like responsibilities, do everything at the last time, careless, terrible at planning, or organization, lazy as shit :D ...

^^I cannot say one way or another and will continue to try and absorb what I can from the information you provide... but this doesn't automatically rule out INxJ in my experience - not by a long shot. I knew a tested and true INFJ 5w4 that could easily fit this description.

Really the things typical for Pe types and if I would use Fi it makes sense, but the freaking Ni. I totaly see myself in its description and I think I might be INFJ, but can I be irresponsible, careless, easy going "don't giving a damn" INFJ?

Like I said, I'm going to continue to turn this over in my mind. But as for now all I would say with any amount of confidence is you are not an ENFP.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Funny [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] :D about an year I was totally sure I am an ENFP. I started to doubt if this is really my type, because I am not that happy go lucky optimistic friendly person as ENFPs seem to be. But after all, I can't find myself in anyother type, more than in ENFPs. I know what you mean, that you're not able to read my whole post, I woudn't be able nieher :D . I can't read long posts, reports, books...My attention is just too unstable for that and it's depressing because I like to read and I like to get new informations from newspapers, texts...but I just can't read them! :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're an ENFP. You said you never like to be alone. Come on people, get real, Ni doms do like to be alone, that is not how they'd describe themselves, not liking to be alone because of being young. It's extroverts that can't learn to be alone when young.

You're different from me in that regard, but honestly I do think real ENFPs probably don't like to be alone as much as I do.

<----- NOT AN ENFP

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm getting a ENFP vibe too. There's a liveliness to your writing style that reads very EXXP. The description you give of yourself seems to fit ENFP pretty well too - especially the, open and outgoing yet reserved, aspect

Starry

Funny [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] :D about an year I was totally sure I am an ENFP. I started to doubt if this is really my type, because I am not that happy go lucky optimistic friendly person as ENFPs seem to be. But after all, I can't find myself in anyother type, more than in ENFPs. I know what you mean, that you're not able to read my whole post, I woudn't be able nieher :D . I can't read long posts, reports, books...My attention is just too unstable for that and it's depressing because I like to read and I like to get new informations from newspapers, texts...but I just can't read them! :D

I'm sorry I guess I'm getting confused because in post 9 you said that you totally see yourself in the INFJ description. But if ENFP is the only type you can see yourself in than what are we doing here? Embrace it. Fly the ENFP flag with pride man. Welcome to the club.

I want to make this clear though... I'm not doubting ENFP because of a lack of happy-go-lucky style...how organized or disorganized you are...what you can read...how many friends you have...cheerful or depressed whatever (I'm an ENFP with high Ni use that currently has issues with anxiety/depression). It's when I read the 5 or 6 sentences from the OP that I can...along with the rest of your posts...I don't see anything that demonstrates the Get Things Going interaction style. An ENFP...an extroverted, GTG, NF that always waits for other people to start the conversation? I've known ENFPs that identify as 4w5...and I still see GTG especially where it concerns people.

But this is you...and only you will know. Welcome new ENFP.