User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    You value chocolate and sex. Therefore it follows that you are ESFJ. I think Keirsey said that once.
    The elder Keirsey? He said something about temperaments and many people confused that with personality. There just happens to be four traditional temperaments, and four Keirseyan temperaments. But throwing in a fifth temperament tosses a monkey wrench in the works.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Logically speaking, I can be all types or no type at all. But I'm leaning toward INFP because I personally value sex.
    Hear, hear!

    That's how I typed myself, as well. I propose a toast.

    To sex and chocolate milk.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Hear, hear!

    That's how I typed myself, as well. I propose a toast.

    To sex and chocolate milk.
    And camel toe!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #24
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I've pondered this a bit further. First you make the distinction between focus of attention and behavioral aspects (the traditional intepretation). Then there are four different conflicting criteria. Then you brought up ambiversion. I'm not able to put this whole thing together.

    And what is ambiversion anyway?

    First I brought up ambiversion. It is a preference for equal devotion to the external and internal world, to embody traits of both types in approachingly equal quantities.

    Then I brought up two classical methodologies to determining introversion or extroversion.

    Then I added that I have personally conjured maybe four different ways one could be viewed as introverted in one light but extroverted in another, and et cetrera, tainting my perceptions of people's focus on the two dichotomies.

    Then I posited you are probabilistically ambiverted.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    First I brought up ambiversion. It is a preference for equal devotion to the external and internal world, to embody traits of both types in approachingly equal quantities.

    Then I brought up two classical methodologies to determining introversion or extroversion.

    Then I added that I have personally conjured maybe four different ways one could be viewed as introverted in one light but extroverted in another, and et cetrera, tainting my perceptions of people's focus on the two dichotomies.

    Then I posited you are probabilistically ambiverted.
    Well I don't see introversion and extroversion as dichotomies. If they are dichotomies, then there is no place for ambiversion whatsoever.

    If however it is a continuum - meaning "more or less outgoing, either socially or otherwise," then you can have an ambivert, one who is in the comfortable middle: neither too introverted nor too extroverted.

    I also believe that at the heart of typology is the need to eliminate the extremes from human existence. Too much of anything is unhealthy.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    How about filling out a questionnaire for starters to reveal how you actually think. If it's one thing I don't think you are based on the posts I've seen from you though, it's 5w4. I could see you more as a 6 assuming you are a head type at all which I am not entirely sure that you are, either.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    How about filling out a questionnaire for starters to reveal how you actually think. If it's one thing I don't think you are based on the posts I've seen from you though, it's 5w4. I could see you more as a 6.
    That's scary!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't care what your type is.
    If you don't control your type, someone else will.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    If you don't control your type, someone else will.
    Only if you allow it.

  10. #30
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I also believe that at the heart of typology is the need to eliminate the extremes from human existence. Too much of anything is unhealthy.

    Concurred. I enjoy Enneagram for this reason, there is a sense of growth inherent to the model.

Similar Threads

  1. I don't know what my type actually is. Taken many tests
    By galaxysword in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 03:58 AM
  2. still don't know what my type is (let's try this MBTI thing again)
    By anastasiatremaines in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 06:15 PM
  3. I have no idea what my type is?
    By Ethanescence in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:33 AM
  4. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  5. Pretend i dont know what my type is
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO