First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You could be absolutely anything if your test results vary! In fact, I suggest you are all the types you test as at the same time. Remember, if you don't have every trait in a generalized description, you can't be the type. So you might end up being no type.
    Logically speaking, I can be all types or no type at all. But I'm leaning toward INFP because I personally value sex.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It was more a joke initially formulated to cover my lack of ability to produce an informational response. Luckily, what I'd typed after just kind of 'clicked', 'cause I was about ten seconds away from giving up and telling you to take my thoughts for whatever you valued them at.

I'm not sure, the variance between extroversion and introversion is hard for me to differentiate.
    You're trying too hard. Why look at individual letters, such as E/I, when you can just use functions? Or are you saying that Ne-dom implies extroversion? Does an outward-pointing attitude lead to extroverted behavior?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You're trying too hard. Why look at individual letters, such as E/I, when you can just use functions? Or are you saying that Ne-dom implies extroversion? Does an outward-pointing attitude lead to extroverted behavior?

Theoretically, yes - Ne dominance implies extroversion. A study independent of the typological school of thought showed around 70% the population is ambiverted, and my perceptions correlate. I think anyone who gets hung up on this probably falls into this category. I prefer to think more about the function sets as a pair - Ne/Si over Se/Ni, Ti/Fe over Te/Fi, etc. Swapping the position of one for another in each set is hardly something to get all worked up about for such trivial implications, but I suppose if you've got your sights on mastering the system...

As for the intricacies of extroversion/introversion, it all depends on who's theory you want to listen to when postulating. Some say a focus on the external world, even if it's a solitary habit of thought like mechanics or something, implies extroversion. Some say you have to be boisterous, traditionally extroverted to qualify. And so forth, I've probably thought up four differing conflicting criteria.

You're probably ambiverted.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Logically speaking, I can be all types or no type at all. But I'm leaning toward INFP because I personally value sex.
    Of course. Personal values mean you use Fi. Do you value anything else, or just sex? If not maybe you're a misanthropic INFP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Of course. Personal values mean you use Fi. Do you value anything else, or just sex? If not maybe you're a misanthropic INFP.
    I value chocolate milk.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Theoretically, yes - Ne dominance implies extroversion. A study independent of the typological school of thought showed around 70% the population is ambiverted, and my perceptions correlate. I think anyone who gets hung up on this probably falls into this category. I prefer to think more about the function sets as a pair - Ne/Si over Se/Ni, Ti/Fe over Te/Fi, etc. Swapping the position of one for another in each set is hardly something to get all worked up about for such trivial implications, but I suppose if you've got your sights on mastering the system...

As for the intricacies of extroversion/introversion, it all depends on who's theory you want to listen to when postulating. Some say a focus on the external world, even if it's a solitary habit of thought like mechanics or something, implies extroversion. Some say you have to be boisterous, traditionally extroverted to qualify. And so forth, I've probably thought up four differing conflicting criteria.

Why not use an introversion/extroversion test?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I value chocolate milk.
    Hmm, maybe you're a sensor then. Sex and chocolate milk...do you ever combine the two? If so you're probably an SP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hmm, maybe you're a sensor then. Sex and chocolate milk...do you ever combine the two? If so you're probably an SP.
    Lol, no. I prefer peanut butter on my chocolate. Or chocolate on my peanut butter. And hot romantic evenings.

You value chocolate and sex. Therefore it follows that you are ESFJ. I think Keirsey said that once.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I've pondered this a bit further. First you make the distinction between focus of attention and behavioral aspects (the traditional intepretation). Then there are four different conflicting criteria. Then you brought up ambiversion. I'm not able to put this whole thing together.

And what is ambiversion anyway?