• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help With My Grandfather

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been trying to type him, but I'm still not sure. I'll give a few points:

- after he returns from church, he goes into his bedroom and stays there for about another three hours (either sleeping or watching TV (usually politics, but sport often as well))

- he's very interested in politics, has rigid opinions, argues about what's going on in the country (though he'll joke about them as well sometimes) - the debate can get quite heated and sometimes he just leaves because he doesn't want to participate in anymore useless arguing

- quit his job after I was born so he could take care of me

- dislikes anything he perceives as disrespectful, which can be simply comical remarks

- can be a bit arrogant at times; if he sees himself as right, he'll go to great lengths to prove it (even when others know for sure he's wrong)

- gives plenty of advice and support when needed

- often tells stories about all the crazy things he did as a child (and though it might not be the first time I hear it, it sounds better every time - even though he doesn't add anything new to it)

If I can think of anything else, I'll mention it. What do you think?

R

Riva

ISTJ

From the facts you've provided and the way they were presented.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. I've considered that before, but he doesn't really fit the type (compared to ISTJs I've met before). Of course, I haven't provided too much information...and I might be wrong.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He screams ISTJ from the description you have given.

I re-read it and I agree. I considered ISFJ most likely, but maybe ISTJ will do better; I'll think about it.

Nicki

Retired
Hmm how was he like as a child? What are his personality strengths and flaws? What makes him angry?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say ISxJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In fact he sounds tremendously like my ISTJ grandfather, I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. Except my grandfather liked history and documentaries and old movies more than sports, his physical activity was often extremely practical i.e. gardening (and I mean a huge damn garden the size of a small family farm, not a little flower bed, he grew all our own vegetables when I was a kid, and grapes for making jelly) and fixing cars, though he did take up walking and being on a stationary bicycle as an exercise as he aged.

There's not enough info here to say Fe/Ti over Te/Fi, though.

My grandfather used to like to say, "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." He also had a great sense of humor, but it was kind of dark and critical at times.