User Tag List

Thread: Need help with my Enneagram

Default Need help with my Enneagram

Hello, I've been plagued with an identity crisis of sorts. I'm still fairly new to enneagrams and I need a little help trying to figure out just what I am.
    For the most part most signs point to me being a 9 of some sort (tests and sorts). I'm usually very easy going and I handle social conversations quite well, enough that I appear fairly extroverted. However, I prefer to spend alot of my time on my own or with my family. I've never been a huge fan of dance clubs or parties but when I am there I tend to fit in and be sociable.

I have a great sense of humor and I am often the funniest person in the group. Also, I quite enjoy attention but only at times. I am very smart but rarely contentious. I tend to be a chameleon of sorts and agree to people and their different views despite them differenting from me. I also tend to avoid situations where people can argue with me or become disappointed with me. I am one of the least assertive people that I know ever.

I tend to have ADD in my personality where I can't commit to a certain thing (like work) and easily get sidetracked. Also, I am fairly hyperactive in general.

Also I often get confused about my identity often identifying or changing my identity to either fit in or fade out given the circumstances.
    Now for the most part I think I may be a Nine. However the main thing that concerns me is that I actually enjoy conflict. When a fight breaks out I smile a little bit, it entertains me (not the abuse but observing how people deal with conflicts and bad situations). I have been even been called "The God of Mischief" (jokingly I hope) because I will often aggitate people and stir up others for shere whimsical joy of how they will react. That seems not very nine-like behavior and day I say a little childish. Also, the job of a counselor seems like something I would least want to do in life. Nor do I handle people's sad emotions very well (crying makes me feel weird).

So what do you say? Do you need any more information?
    Thank you

You didn't say much that actually had too much to do with enneagram but I'll go out on a limb and guess that you're a 9w8 sx/so or something.

9w8 so/sx
    I really like cats and food.

Junior Nasty Woman Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    872 sx/sp

Which do you feel is most essential: peace, recognition, or novelty?

What do you think is your most valuable characteristic?

In what area do you feel you could use the most work?

Sorry Chawie I'm am new to this and I hate to not supply correlating information in regards to the enneagram.
    I think recognition is most essential as sometimes I can be irritated if not received proper recognition. Also, Novelty means nothing to mean and peace is something I have hardly ever thought of as obtainable.

My most valuable characteristic is my easy going, carefree, humorous nature.

I need the most work in being more assertive... hands down. Otherwise I am pretty content on myself.

Fair and Square Array Flatlander's Avatar
    582 sp/sx

Hey @technomonkey, I'd recommend filling out a questionnaire.

You can take your pick of:

Just copy-paste the questionnaire and use it here.

I wouldn't bother doing both, just fill out whichever is more appealing to you - both are designed to seek information that is relevant to Enneagram. The more in-depth you can go, the better.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.