12 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Socionics - What is my type?

K, time for the big daddy. We've discussed quadras, the temperaments that go with it, we had a small intro as to how the functions are used in Socionics vs MBTI, etc.

So. How about we jump all in and help each other in determining our types?

Quizzes posted will be added to the op, and hopefully some of those socionics enthusiasts will lend a helping hand in this thread when you're stuck as to interpreting the results and understanding what is going on.

You'll find a quiz in this thread to start you off with.

If there is anythign confusing to you about socionics, whether it be the functions, or the inconsistency between your test results and the quadra you relate to (see here), post them and lets hash things out!

Get to it, people
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm still stuck between IEI and EII.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I had the same problem, and my scores basically hit all 4 NFs when I took the test. So I took a close look at the quadras, to see which one I related to better (beta =IEI, delta= EII). I found that I related to both, but beta felt more natural (I was raised with delta values). I then looked at the profile descriptions (I know, thats a less accurate way to gauge it, but a handy shortcut), to determine I related more to the IEI than the EIE of the betas.

Profiles:

IEI

EII

For the record, I think you re probably IEI
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here are some materials for you to get familiar with socionics. It's better to understand the functions than to attach yourself to a type.

http://socionics.us/theory.shtml
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I had the same problem, and my scores basically hit all 4 NFs when I took the test. So I took a close look at the quadras, to see which one I related to better (beta =IEI, delta= EII). I found that I related to both, but beta felt more natural (I was raised with delta values). I then looked at the profile descriptions (I know, thats a less accurate way to gauge it, but a handy shortcut), to determine I related more to the IEI than the EIE of the betas.

Profiles:

IEI

EII

For the record, I think you re probably IEI
    Yeah I relate more to the IEI profiles because they sound like 4s!
    But the functions still feel off. I just can't get let go of Jungian Fi because it fits me so well.... :P
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ Same problem between socionics infp or infj. You know, they could have just gave it different names since it is different rather than make it sooo confusing.

My results came back like this from the socionics site
    Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)
    IEE (ENFp): 88% as likely as EII.
    IEI (INFp): 86% as likely as EII.

Beta is more ennegram 4 so I always thought I was a Beta ... When I was at a socionics forum, others typed me as socionics INFP without a doubt.

What really confuses me is that the socionics infp profile descriptions match mbti infp and socionics infj matches infj mbti even though the functions are ... different? But socionics Fi is not the same as MBTI Fi. Therefore ... WTF.

Type isn't static. People change within a range, sometimes changing type completely. You can determine what Jungian functions you relate to most and get an idea that way. Socionics follows all the Jungian stuff anyway, it just tries to explain types without the heavy abstraction of Jung. you may find you relate to two types and that's okay. There are lots of possibilities and feeling the need to pin one type can be very unhelpful. If you really want to understand yourself from such an intuitive perspective, then take it slowly and don't restrict the possibilities. I'm serious, lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    might also look into these profiles of EII and IEI, they have some more details but I noticed they are not fully translated

INFj - EII (Fi as 1st function)
    INFp - IEI (Ni as 1st function)

intertype relations are also orienting. if you know someone you could type as ILI and relationship is like what is described of benefit relations then EII could be deduced from this

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm identifying as IEE/ENFp, as long as no one has any convincing reasons I shouldn't :]