• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics - What is my type?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
K, time for the big daddy. We've discussed quadras, the temperaments that go with it, we had a small intro as to how the functions are used in Socionics vs MBTI, etc.

So. How about we jump all in and help each other in determining our types?

Quizzes posted will be added to the op, and hopefully some of those socionics enthusiasts will lend a helping hand in this thread when you're stuck as to interpreting the results and understanding what is going on.

You'll find a quiz in this thread to start you off with.

If there is anythign confusing to you about socionics, whether it be the functions, or the inconsistency between your test results and the quadra you relate to (see here), post them and lets hash things out!

Get to it, people :coffee:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still stuck between IEI and EII. :shrug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I had the same problem, and my scores basically hit all 4 NFs when I took the test. So I took a close look at the quadras, to see which one I related to better (beta =IEI, delta= EII). I found that I related to both, but beta felt more natural (I was raised with delta values). I then looked at the profile descriptions (I know, thats a less accurate way to gauge it, but a handy shortcut), to determine I related more to the IEI than the EIE of the betas.

Profiles:

IEI

EII

For the record, I think you re probably IEI ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had the same problem, and my scores basically hit all 4 NFs when I took the test. So I took a close look at the quadras, to see which one I related to better (beta =IEI, delta= EII). I found that I related to both, but beta felt more natural (I was raised with delta values). I then looked at the profile descriptions (I know, thats a less accurate way to gauge it, but a handy shortcut), to determine I related more to the IEI than the EIE of the betas.

Profiles:

IEI

EII

For the record, I think you re probably IEI ;)

Yeah I relate more to the IEI profiles because they sound like 4s!
But the functions still feel off. I just can't get let go of Jungian Fi because it fits me so well.... :p

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ Same problem between socionics infp or infj. You know, they could have just gave it different names since it is different rather than make it sooo confusing.

My results came back like this from the socionics site
Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)
IEE (ENFp): 88% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 86% as likely as EII.

Beta is more ennegram 4 so I always thought I was a Beta ... When I was at a socionics forum, others typed me as socionics INFP without a doubt.

What really confuses me is that the socionics infp profile descriptions match mbti infp and socionics infj matches infj mbti even though the functions are ... different? But socionics Fi is not the same as MBTI Fi. Therefore ... WTF.

Little_Sticks

Type isn't static. People change within a range, sometimes changing type completely. You can determine what Jungian functions you relate to most and get an idea that way. Socionics follows all the Jungian stuff anyway, it just tries to explain types without the heavy abstraction of Jung. you may find you relate to two types and that's okay. There are lots of possibilities and feeling the need to pin one type can be very unhelpful. If you really want to understand yourself from such an intuitive perspective, then take it slowly and don't restrict the possibilities. I'm serious, lol.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
might also look into these profiles of EII and IEI, they have some more details but I noticed they are not fully translated

INFj - EII (Fi as 1st function)
INFp - IEI (Ni as 1st function)

intertype relations are also orienting. if you know someone you could type as ILI and relationship is like what is described of benefit relations then EII could be deduced from this

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm identifying as IEE/ENFp, as long as no one has any convincing reasons I shouldn't :]

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
might also look into these profiles of EII and IEI, they have some more details but I noticed they are not fully translated

INFj - EII (Fi as 1st function)
INFp - IEI (Ni as 1st function)

intertype relations are also orienting. if you know someone you could type as ILI and relationship is like what is described of benefit relations then EII could be deduced from this

Those were really interesting links, despite the often difficult to read text.

And yes, I find once again that they confirm that IEI feels natural to me while I share the values of an EII (just not their elegance in executing them necessarily). The way that EIIs work however does not feel natural to me, in that they take things too far for my taste and they think and worry about things that I would dismiss as trivial or not worth the effort. Kind of like the difference between an amateur and a pro, I guess, in their respective choice of art :thinking: