As the title says, I'm a little bit lost here, not only about my type, but about the whole enneagram concept. I'm fairly good with MBTI, but enneagrams ... for some reason, it just keeps confusing me. So if you care to 1) type me and 2) explain why you chose that particular type, it would be really helpful
Here are some facts:
1) I am an INTP. I've been told my way of thinking is unusual, but I'm just born with that thinking pattern, so I've never seen it as strange or anything out of the ordinary. I reason rather than learn, and from the facts I've already stored in my mind, I can usually find my way from a problem to its solution. In other words, what I lack in knowledge, I can usually make up for in logic.
2) I'm an anxious type of person; there's a lot of worries on my mind, and I'm ridiculously thin-skinned when it comes to dealing with criticism. At my worst, I can almost start crying if someone says I should have done the dishes an hour ago.
3) I have a black/white view of right vs. wrong. I can accept a lot of things, but sometimes people just forfeit their humanity and cannot be forgiven.
4) I don't like strict rules or being forced into the same box as everybody else. I rarely stand up and demand for things to change, but I'm not against messing a little with people I think deserve it. Not a warrior type; more of a saboteur behind the scenes.
5) If I try to play chess with someone, I usually lose because I only plan offence and not defence. That applies to many other things in my life too; I know exactly why others are wrong, but it's sometimes difficult to explain why I'm right.
6) I'm meticulous about correcting what I feel is wrong about myself or my projects. I spent about 12 years trying to defeat a diagnosis I had received as a six-year-old, and - even though it shouldn't theoretically be possible to defeat it at all - the diagnose was removed when I was almost eighteen. Stubborn? YEP.
7) I don't like superficial friendships or superficial displays of friendship, but I'm fiercely loyal when I get attached to someone. I'm as romantic as a potato, though I can and do handle close friendships.
8) I write stories. I usually quit my writing projects, so my laptop is full of incomplete documents and plotlines I never got around to write.
9) I ask 'why' about everything, even where it's obvious. Why do dogs have a tail? Why do we have gravity? Why do people laugh at stand-up comedians? Why do people read things over and over again just to pass a test, then decide to forget it when they're sure they didn't fail?
10) I'm a person who either really pisses people off or fascinate them; I don't think I'm easy to have no particular opinion about.
So, any analyses? I really need some help here. Thanx