User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    THIS guy never thought INTP.

Consider the questions I asked. Is she MORE this than that? Anybody can be late at times. But is she more scheduled than unscheduled? Being late doesn't mean she's unscheduled.

As for decisive/indecisive: Does she PREFER to come to a conclusion? Or does she PREFER to leave her options open?
    Okay, she says she prefers to be on time and to be scheduled (even though this stresses her because she tries to squeeze to much in!), and to come to a conclusion. She LIKES the process, but the process is all leading to the conclusion or the purpose so, yeah ... what say you?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Okay, she says she prefers to be on time and to be scheduled (even though this stresses her because she tries to squeeze to much in!), and to come to a conclusion. She LIKES the process, but the process is all leading to the conclusion or the purpose so, yeah ... what say you?
    Based on original MBTI theory (not JCF), I would definitely tack a J on the end of her type, whatever else it is.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Based on original MBTI theory (not JCF), I would definitely tack a J on the end of her type, whatever else it is.
    so what is it? ENFJ? INFJ? ENTJ? INTJ? What's the diff between them anyway? If she's an NJ, that makes sense, she's clever and opinionated (seems about right) but she's nice too (maybe F?), I or E is harder. She's not the social animal type with a whole bunch of girls around her, more in the library reading or having intense convo's with one or two people (though she has a LINE of those people waiting to talk with her ... )
    Thank you so much for your help with this, I would really like your INTP opinion Mal.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

so what is it? ENFJ? INFJ? ENTJ? INTJ? What's the diff between them anyway? If she's an NJ, that makes sense, she's clever and opinionated (seems about right) but she's nice too (maybe F?), I or E is harder. She's not the social animal type with a whole bunch of girls around her, more in the library reading or having intense convo's with one or two people (though she has a LINE of those people waiting to talk with her ... )
    Thank you so much for your help with this, I would really like your INTP opinion Mal.
    An INTP opinion would involve writing a 'book' lol. But I've been creating shorter messages these days.

I find that personal descriptions of people are difficult to use to type with. There are questionnaires available for this purpose containing MBTI-specific questions. I know of at least two on this forum, and they are very good.

I/E is probably the most difficult scale probably because most people are mixtures of the two traits. With your friend I would say INFJ because she is a passionate idealist but not a social butterfly, along with the fact that Intuition was the strongest trait showing up in your description.

ENTP with strong Fe
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

An INTP opinion would involve writing a 'book' lol. But I've been creating shorter messages these days.

I find that personal descriptions of people are difficult to use to type with. There are questionnaires available for this purpose containing MBTI-specific questions. I know of at least two on this forum, and they are very good.

I/E is probably the most difficult scale probably because most people are mixtures of the two traits. With your friend I would say INFJ because she is a passionate idealist but not a social butterfly, along with the fact that Intuition was the strongest trait showing up in your description.
    Thanks for that, very helpful. Which tests do you recommend ... I'll get her to take them and we'll see I agree, about the intuition thing. It's hard to tell the diff between NE and Ni don't you think?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Thanks for that, very helpful. Which tests do you recommend ... I'll get her to take them and we'll see I agree, about the intuition thing. It's hard to tell the diff between NE and Ni don't you think?
    If you want to do things the JCF way, then yes it is difficult. But I think most people will just be able to tell you if they are introverts or extroverts. Try asking her a question about that. If the answer is "Hmmm, not sure...," then ambivert.

I don't have a favorite test at the moment, but there is a nice questionnaire or two somewhere on this forum.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

If you want to do things the JCF way, then yes it is difficult. But I think most people will just be able to tell you if they are introverts or extroverts. Try asking her a question about that. If the answer is "Hmmm, not sure...," then ambivert.

I don't have a favorite test at the moment, but there is a nice questionnaire or two somewhere on this forum.
    Okay, what the heck is JCF and 'ambivert'
    ?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Okay, what the heck is JCF and 'ambivert'
    ?
    An "Ambivert" is a mixture of introvert and extrovert.

JCF = Jungian Cognitive Functions: Se, Fi, Te, Ni, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.

JCF is not the same as MBTI. The latter doesn't rely on functions. The MBTI is a personality survey that determines type by sorting out your preferred traits according to I versus E, N versus S, T versus F, P versus J.

When I first came onto this forum I was shocked to find that hardly anybody had heard of the original MBTI. They were practicing JCF and calling it MBTI.

Worse yet, they thought I was wrong, lol. It's as if history started the day they were born, or something.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here is the history of typology according to other forum members:

First there was Jung. Then Myers-Briggs came along.

50 years passed....

Then suddenly, there was Lenore Thomson, who knows the truth about everything.