First 23456 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Theories aren't formed out of thin air.
    What are you suggesting is the proper way to go about it then?

Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTj

She sounds like an INTp to me.

Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTj

sounds like an INTp to me

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by aimy View Post
    She sounds like an INTp to me.
    What's up with the small p?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    What are you suggesting is the proper way to go about it then?
    I'm saying you formed a theory based on the description given. You didn't just form a theory out of thin air.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Is she more spontaneous than self-controlled? Or vice versa?
    Is she more decisive than indecisive?
    This is one of the difficulties - she is flexible, in that she is able to go with the flow in discussions etc. but she is also self-controlled. She thinks before she speaks, and it is measured. She seems to try and organise her life quite a lot, though she is sometimes late and gets flustered by this. It's hard to know if she's decisive - she can speak decisively, but she is also able to change direction and open up too.
    I'm wondering about the ENFP possibility ... she's not all that funny/zany and apparently this is characteristic of ENFP's - she's more, umm, MEANINGFUL, quite intense, zealous even, though she loves to laugh and has fun too. She's very engaging, in conversation and in general, actually, though loses that edge when she has to stand up in front of everyone and speak more formally. Am I painting a picture? Do you guys still think INTP?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

sounds like an INTp to me
    Thanks for helping with this aimy!! But why does she sound like an INTP to you?

Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTj

What makes me think that is that you said, "big reader, clever... She can be strong in her opinions but doesn't squash people (that's the IP in her)"

I'm an ENTj and I constantly, accidentally, "squash" people with my opinions hahaha. We may come off as pleasant ppl but that's us using our role function which is FE and it's very short lived. Someone wouldn't go to an ENTj for advice unless it's something logical or they aren't afraid of blunt advice.

Are you trying to type her with MBTI or Socionics? I find MBTI is so inaccurate it's almost gross.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

What makes me think that is that you said, "big reader, clever... She can be strong in her opinions but doesn't squash people (that's the IP in her)"

I'm an ENTj and I constantly, accidentally, "squash" people with my opinions hahaha. We may come off as pleasant ppl but that's us using our role function which is FE and it's very short lived. Someone wouldn't go to an ENTj for advice unless it's something logical or they aren't afraid of blunt advice.

Are you trying to type her with MBTI or Socionics? I find MBTI is so inaccurate it's almost gross.
    Is Socionics better, do you think?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    This is one of the difficulties - she is flexible, in that she is able to go with the flow in discussions etc. but she is also self-controlled. She thinks before she speaks, and it is measured. She seems to try and organise her life quite a lot, though she is sometimes late and gets flustered by this. It's hard to know if she's decisive - she can speak decisively, but she is also able to change direction and open up too.
    I'm wondering about the ENFP possibility ... she's not all that funny/zany and apparently this is characteristic of ENFP's - she's more, umm, MEANINGFUL, quite intense, zealous even, though she loves to laugh and has fun too. She's very engaging, in conversation and in general, actually, though loses that edge when she has to stand up in front of everyone and speak more formally. Am I painting a picture? Do you guys still think INTP?
    THIS guy never thought INTP.

Consider the questions I asked. Is she MORE this than that? Anybody can be late at times. But is she more scheduled than unscheduled? Being late doesn't mean she's unscheduled.

As for decisive/indecisive: Does she PREFER to come to a conclusion? Or does she PREFER to leave her options open?