• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TYPE TITLE AND WONDROUS THINGS SHALL HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What type do you want to be?

I see 9 on this questionnaire, but I see you've eliminated it from your options. I could see a case for you disintegrating to it, so 3 would be the option you're after.

Is 3 an ideal way you see yourself?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
What type do you want to be?

I see 9 on this questionnaire, but I see you've eliminated it from your options. I could see a case for you disintegrating to it, so 3 would be the option you're after.

Is 3 an ideal way you see yourself?

If I could choose to be any type, I'd be a 7, so no. I'm not idealizing 3, and why do you think I might be disintegrating? I'm at a much higher point in my health than I have been for a long time - unless you think it's minor disintegration, which I perhaps could agree with. I don't know where on earth you see 9, though; I ruled it out because it's incredibly far-fetched.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I could choose to be any type, I'd be a 7, so no. I'm not idealizing 3, and why do you think I might be disintegrating? I'm at a much higher point in my health than I have been for a long time - unless you think it's minor disintegration, which I perhaps could agree with. I don't know where on earth you see 9, though; I ruled it out because it's incredibly far-fetched.

Why do you find it far fetched?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Why do you find it far fetched?

I don't relate much to the positive outlook triad, I'm not affectionate, I enjoy being assertive, I'm not particularly relaxed or peaceful, I feel more comfortable in my inner world than in the external, I'm not very optimistic, etc. Perhaps not incredibly far-fetched, on second thought. But not very likely, either.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not that I don't understand myself, because I do; I only fear I have not learned the application of Enneagram theory well enough in regards to myself. Perhaps I am too young to fully have a type, though I've settled into the MBTI type of INTJ quite well. But I've gone through just about every type as a possibility - and here's what I can deduce.

- I'm not a 2, 7, 8, or 9.
- I relate strongly to each heart, head, and gut triads.
- I am most likely not a reactive type, though the possibility still remains.
- I relate to each type in some way or another.

For ease, I've filled a questionnaire out.
Why none of these types?
1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

Isn't the subjectivity of life part of what makes it so fascinating? One universal purpose would make life much, much grayer. In all seriousness, though, I strive for personal happiness and success. Short-term goals include completing an above average education to ensure financial stability, a personal sense of achievement, and a career I enjoy doing. Even more short-term, having self control with what I eat, and loosening up, so to speak. I'm not naturally a social person, though I do deeply desire to interact with groups, individuals, and the world.

This is strongly 3-tinted with focus on success, goal-orientation and such. Sp tinted with sx, seeking financial stability and such. The latter portion in relation to socialization could relate to social blind spot.
2. What were you like as a kid?

Dictatorial, tyrannical, hyperactive.
I imposed my pretensions on other children, but at heart, I was a bright, creative, and curious child. I could not control my temper for the first eight years or so, unfortunately. I was a go-getter.
I even invented 'personal assistants', where I would pay other children to do my bidding. Eventually, that got banned from the classroom - excuse me for being business-minded.

Seems very 3-like again.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

I was previously quite close to my mother, now I am close to my father. However, even as a child, I was uncomfortable with emotional intimacy, and I still am. It feels wrong to give too much of myself to others, and that makes me colder than perhaps I'd like to be.

I can't fully make sense of this. How does any of this fully relate to the question itself? You didn't really answer it.
4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

All of my values are very, very important to me. I consider them to be fair and respectful of different ideologies and so on, but they are, for the most part, non-negotiable.
My most prominent value is probably equal rights. However, values that are unrelated to morality are much more flexible.

You didn't answer the question. Can you explain what you wish to avoid doing and why?
5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

Perhaps not characterized, but flavored. Social anxiety, a fear of being wrong, a fear of appearing incompetent, a fear of rejection, a fear of failure - those are the most prominent ones, the ones I still have today, the ones that bother me most deeply.

And what do these fears mean, exactly?

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

a.) I see myself as a lot of things. I consider myself to be very self-aware (painfully so at times). I have good qualities and I have faults. Some of my good qualities are how I naturally see many sides of a situation, my intelligence, my love for intellectual endeavors, my wit, my creativity, and my ability to project whatever persona I should choose. Some of my faults include my rigidity, my inability to see myself as wrong on matters that are not concrete (based in fact), my emotional aloofness, and my condescending attitude.

This is so very 9-ish.
b.) I want others to see me as ingenious, wise, accomplished, different, and deep. I also want them to see me as funny, helpful, and polite.

3-ish.
c.) I dislike a lack of logic behind emotions and actions. I dislike inconsistency. I dislike being ignored. I dislike hypocrisy. I dislike projection. I dislike being talked down to. I dislike feeling judged. I dislike people who gossip harshly about people behind their backs (admittedly, this is less about values and more about my own insecurities).

This is just Fi ramble.
7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. - 2
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you - 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. - 3

Never thought this question was particularly good but more points for 9.
8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

It takes me wherever I want it to, really! I have self control over my train of thought. Realistically, I am quite spacey and unaware of the world around me. My mind wanders constantly.
Doesn't say anything although the attitude seems to reveal a positive outlook bias.
9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I am accomplished, appreciated, working on something I enjoy, having a good time, or being included in a group. I feel my worst when I am anxious, depressed, lazy, or left out.

Seems 3-ish.
10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
b.) shame
c.) anxiety

a.) I have a good hold on my anger, though admittedly, I am a control freak and can become irrationally aggressive when challenged. Little things make me angrier than outright insults. Generally, I strive to be level-headed, and outbursts seem so tasteless now that I'm older...I think I'm more forgiving of other people's anger than I am my own. I might react by shutting myself out from others and brooding for a while, then distracting myself from whatever made me angry. Otherwise, I will assertively challenge the other person's opinion.

This seems very 9-ish.
b.) I feel shame towards my body, at times. I feel shame when I fall short on something I try to do, and I feel shame when I'm wrong about something. Shame generally makes me close in on myself.

Inferior Si, the rest doesn't suggest much but superego perhaps. Could be 1-ish.
c.) I have long struggled with anxiety to the point of frequent panic attacks, but I generally deal with anxiety by either trying to solve what is making me so anxious or rationalizing the situation in my mind, if it is beyond my control. I very much like having control.

1-ish.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
b.) negative unexpected change
c.) conflict

a.) Depends on the kind of stress. Some stress can be good, it can push you to do something you've been putting off, and I am a notorious procrastinator even though it makes me feel miserable. Overwhelming stress makes me feel like escaping.

Withdrawn tirad.
b.) I do like planning things, so negative unexpected change bothers me quite a bit. Sometimes, it can get me really upset. But usually, I sort of deal with it; you can't change everything, so why bother trying?

This here is very, very 9-ish, especially the part in bold. That's how 9s approach problems.
c.) I try to sort out conflict so it doesn't go un-addressed. Perhaps that makes me seem like someone who always needs to have the last word, but I find it far more beneficial to talk things out than to let them build up until it all boils over.

9-ish approach again.
12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

a.) I think I generally gravitate towards a leadership role. Perhaps not prime executive, but the one who plans out what everyone will do and when. This can be a positive thing and it can be a negative thing. I can't stand passivity, though, so I don't like to be just 'a follower'. (So average and plain.)

So much 9-fuss in this answer.
b.) I try to handle power well, but I can, admittedly, become a bit of a dictator about it.

Doesn't say anything.
c.) Yes, if the authority is corrupt or inappropriate. Not all authority gives me an immediate negative reaction. I suppose I'm not incredibly sensitive to it unless someone is challenging the authority that I hold.
Doesn't say anything.
13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Motivations, perhaps; I think I see through facades pretty skillfully, even those that are carefully placed. I also see solutions to people's problems. I consider myself to be very good at giving advice.
Doesn't say anything.
14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I hate to misplace my trust in people, and I can be very aloof, but trust is never incredibly stable for me in the first place. I don't see the world as a struggle between non-trustworthy and trustworthy, but I think it is important to pay attention to who is really your friend and who is not.

More 9 logic.
15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

I do my own thing, I suppose; it hasn't influenced my responses.
Doesn't say anything.
Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best" - I have to be successful to be happy, though I follow my own standards for success, or at least I try to.

What does this pertain?
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts- I don't have much direct experience with the world, so I learn all I can about what I have not experienced.

Seems 9-ish again.
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else - I can't help but think I'm missing things that would make me happier.

Meaning what exactly?
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance - This is a bit iffier. I consider myself able to make my own decisions, but I become indecisive when it's something I'm not very knowledgeable about, and I go to others for confirmation of my own suspicions, not for actual reassurance, if that makes any sense.

Very 6-like.
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself - Kind of speaks for itself.
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
Doesn't say anything.
What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

I can answer these both at once because they're related. I'm thankful I have the ability to see things from different perspectives and to not have my judgement clouded by my own subjective beliefs, but at the same time, I think I have an odd way of processing things.
Very 9-ish.
I pause and think about how to react to something, how I should feel about something, whether to my own standards or to someone else's. It's strange. I almost wish I could be comfortable with expression, not feel like I'm giving too much of myself away, freely react to things without having to process it first, know how it feels to live completely in the moment - something I rarely do.

Thinking this is a 1 wing influence.
I got a bit lazy at the end there, forgive me. Anyways. I have my own suspicions, but I'll withhold them for now because I want to see what you all think based on my answers. And if you want to give a go at guessing my tritype or instinctual variant, go ahead, although I believe my instinctual variant is so/sx or sx/so.
Fail to see the so/sx or sx/so. I think sp/sx is more appropriate. So tentatively saying 9w1 sp/sx.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't relate much to the positive outlook triad, I'm not affectionate, I enjoy being assertive, I'm not particularly relaxed or peaceful, I feel more comfortable in my inner world than in the external, I'm not very optimistic, etc. Perhaps not incredibly far-fetched, on second thought. But not very likely, either.

Okay, so what the positive outlook triad really means isn't this collection of traits. The positive outlook triader is inclined to refuse to face some element of themself. The 2 is ashamed to have needs so they fail to face it out of pride; the 7 doesn't face their own fear and instead turns to the external world to fulfill their gluttonous want for mental sustenance; the 9 doesn't face their own anger and instead wishes to live in harmony with the world. Like all of the Enneagram, these produce mental traps. Specifically in the case of the 9, the trap is to be personally - psychospiritually - lazy and live at ease with life, which promotes a mindset that tends to be hazy and only scrape the surface of self and world. I've also met and interacted with 9s who run deep and have attained great clarity in perspective - the ones who seem to have put in time to transcend their haziness. The disintegrated 9 can run deep too, getting into an extremely muddled state from too much unfocused introspection.

Look at it this way: 9 integrates to 3. Your questionnaire has quite a bit of 3. If you're in a place of great health and you're looking like a 3, but it's underlay by a general psychospiritual laziness, chances are you're a 9. I will do some further analysis on the actual questionnaire here in a sec.

As for the liking of 7, may I ask you why?

Anyhow, here comes my analysis.

Eventually, that is.
I haven't had much luck on PerC, so I'm here and yeah cool right
Copied and pasted:

It's not that I don't understand myself, because I do;

What do you understand about yourself?

I only fear I have not learned the application of Enneagram theory well enough in regards to myself. Perhaps I am too young to fully have a type, though I've settled into the MBTI type of INTJ quite well. But I've gone through just about every type as a possibility - and here's what I can deduce.

- I'm not a 2, 7, 8, or 9.

I'd like to know why.

If your rejection of 7 and 8 is true, then it probably eliminates 5 as a type for you. Type 5 has clear lines to 7 and 8, and they show up strongly at different points in the personality or times in the person's life.

If you truly reject 7 you may not be a 1 either, because an honest 1 will probably recognize some aspect of it in themself vis a vis the soul child.

If you truly reject 9, you are probably not a 3 or a 6, because an honest type 3 or 6 can see the potential in themself at different times - it's the soul child of the 6 (the 6 has holy faith), and it's the disintegration point of 3 (the 3 becomes lazy when disintegrated). Both types may have some aspect of 9's psychospiritual laziness in them.

If your rejection of 2 is true, then you are probably not a 4, because 4s can see the potential in themselves and those thinking through their life experience probably have.

Forget rejection for the moment. It's better to view yourself with a clean slate and try to figure out what enneagram type dynamic you follow and how you connect to various points than to reject types out of hand.

- I relate strongly to each heart, head, and gut triads.

What does this mean, exactly?

- I am most likely not a reactive type, though the possibility still remains.

How did you figure this out?

- I relate to each type in some way or another.

That contradicts what you said above, and it speaks to a more universal truth.

To explain why this point is true, you can examine the sins of each point of the Enneagram.

For example, the psychospiritual laziness of the 9 - it's the "crown" of the Enneagram because everyone has an underlying element of it. If you consider how a human being works, we all grow into a pattern of life that includes an enneagram type; this underlying fact in its own right reveals an endemic psychospiritual laziness, an obstinacy that is universal in our species. You can't get around it even with multiple personality disorder, because then there's just a new pattern of life that includes multiple patterns.

For another example, the avarice of type 5 may be represented by the human tendency to hold on to Ego (the "I"). Most everyone does it to varying degrees, even the 9, on the existential level - to really lose self is a scary place that very few will go.

And so on and so forth. You could ponder it out for how each type is represented in the fundament of human life. 9s are often most prone to simply experiencing this truth because of their underlying search for unity, and so they grasp it through the lens of relation.

Anyway, let's move on to your questions.

For ease, I've filled a questionnaire out.

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?

I prefer not to disclose my age publicly. I will say, however, that I'm considerably younger than the average TC user.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

I have a history of severe anxiety, as well as some lingering trauma from childhood neglect, and depersonalization that fluctuates in intensity. I'm alright now, though.
Overall, I would say I am of average health.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

Isn't the subjectivity of life part of what makes it so fascinating? One universal purpose would make life much, much grayer. In all seriousness, though, I strive for personal happiness and success. Short-term goals include completing an above average education to ensure financial stability, a personal sense of achievement, and a career I enjoy doing. Even more short-term, having self control with what I eat, and loosening up, so to speak. I'm not naturally a social person, though I do deeply desire to interact with groups, individuals, and the world.

So...you say you want a subjective purpose, but in here I see less of one. Instead I see an answer of broad strokes, trademark 3-6-9 triad with an ideal of 3w4 and a probable baseline of 9 because of your withdrawn tendency despite your desire. Also, a lot of the 9s I've heard from so far seem to seek self-control.

What exactly do you need to loosen up about?

2. What were you like as a kid?

Dictatorial, tyrannical, hyperactive.
I imposed my pretensions on other children, but at heart, I was a bright, creative, and curious child. I could not control my temper for the first eight years or so, unfortunately. I was a go-getter.
I even invented 'personal assistants', where I would pay other children to do my bidding. Eventually, that got banned from the classroom - excuse me for being business-minded.

There's a concept in Enneagram literature called the soul child. It sounds like yours is very much id-oriented, and the fact that you referred to yourself as a go-getter, were business-minded and so forth points me more toward 3. The 3 soul child integrates into the 9 perspective as the person matures, and I think it can lead to a sort of daoist perspective where doing and control is part of maintaining personal harmony. By contrast, the 8 soul child (of the 5), while still being an id preference, is lusty and kind of wild, preferring to do whatever the hell it wants and I think often lacking in self-control, and it grows into a lust for capability/mind power/power through mind as the type matures.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

I was previously quite close to my mother, now I am close to my father. However, even as a child, I was uncomfortable with emotional intimacy, and I still am. It feels wrong to give too much of myself to others, and that makes me colder than perhaps I'd like to be.

The particular adjective "wrong" strikes me - why does it feel wrong to you?

Also, how did you get close to either parent without emotional intimacy? What makes you uncomfortable with it? Why would you like not to be so cold?

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

All of my values are very, very important to me. I consider them to be fair and respectful of different ideologies and so on, but they are, for the most part, non-negotiable.
My most prominent value is probably equal rights. However, values that are unrelated to morality are much more flexible.

Why are values that are very, very important to you, so flexible? How does this fit with the idea that they are non-negotiable?

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

Perhaps not characterized, but flavored. Social anxiety, a fear of being wrong, a fear of appearing incompetent, a fear of rejection, a fear of failure - those are the most prominent ones, the ones I still have today, the ones that bother me most deeply.

On each front I'd question why. It points me again toward 3-6-9 triad with approximately equal emphasis on each, and a w1 off the 9.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

a.) I see myself as a lot of things. I consider myself to be very self-aware (painfully so at times). I have good qualities and I have faults. Some of my good qualities are how I naturally see many sides of a situation, my intelligence, my love for intellectual endeavors, my wit, my creativity, and my ability to project whatever persona I should choose.

Seems rather along the 9-3 axis.

Some of my faults include my rigidity,

I'm particularly interested in where/how you see rigidity in yourself. Type 9 is obstinate, in particular.

How does this relate with your ability to project personas?

my inability to see myself as wrong on matters that are not concrete (based in fact),

Obstinacy again, e9. Also something of a positivity (that whole 'positive triad') trait, because of the willful ignorance of lack.

my emotional aloofness,

Withdrawn triad.

and my condescending attitude.

Anyone can have one. Why would you say this manifests in yourself?

b.) I want others to see me as ingenious, wise, accomplished, different, and deep. I also want them to see me as funny, helpful, and polite.

Where does 'different' come in for you? What does it mean, and what would be the benefit of others seeing it in you?

Otherwise, the latter sentence points toward attachment triad again (3-6-9); the former might be anyone, though it still points toward a want to be useful to other people which again leads vaguely toward 3-6-9 and possible social instinct higher in your stacking.

c.) I dislike a lack of logic behind emotions and actions. I dislike inconsistency. I dislike being ignored. I dislike hypocrisy. I dislike projection. I dislike being talked down to. I dislike feeling judged. I dislike people who gossip harshly about people behind their backs (admittedly, this is less about values and more about my own insecurities).

I might ask why in each case - or why, generally. Why do you dislike these things? You explained why you dislike people who gossip harshly, but the other things?

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. - 2
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you - 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. - 3

Indicative of 9 as per the question, if the other options are taken into account it indicates 9w8.

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

It takes me wherever I want it to, really! I have self control over my train of thought. Realistically, I am quite spacey and unaware of the world around me. My mind wanders constantly.

Control over your train of thought - why did you cultivate that?

There's a certain ambivalence in this answer which I find characteristic of type 9. You have control over your mind and it goes where you want it to, but it wanders constantly and you're unaware of the world. The dichotomy is interesting.

What would you say your priority is, in thinking, and stopping thought? What is your purpose?

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I am accomplished, appreciated, working on something I enjoy, having a good time, or being included in a group. I feel my worst when I am anxious, depressed, lazy, or left out.

9 integrating to 3 (when you feel your best) and falling into the trap of the personality and disintegrating down to 6 (when you feel your worst).

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
b.) shame
c.) anxiety

a.) I have a good hold on my anger, though admittedly, I am a control freak and can become irrationally aggressive when challenged. Little things make me angrier than outright insults. Generally, I strive to be level-headed, and outbursts seem so tasteless now that I'm older...I think I'm more forgiving of other people's anger than I am my own. I might react by shutting myself out from others and brooding for a while, then distracting myself from whatever made me angry. Otherwise, I will assertively challenge the other person's opinion.

Why do you hold back your own anger and forgive others?

This points me toward type 9 again, and I don't know specifically which wing - both are possible here.

b.) I feel shame towards my body, at times. I feel shame when I fall short on something I try to do, and I feel shame when I'm wrong about something. Shame generally makes me close in on myself.

The reaction is withdrawn yet again, so 9w1 or 1w9 with a fix at 3 - you're not an outright id type, you have too much superego going on in my opinion. From what I've found of 3s, they don't seem to tend to feel their shame as deeply; someone can let me know if I'm wrong here.

c.) I have long struggled with anxiety to the point of frequent panic attacks, but I generally deal with anxiety by either trying to solve what is making me so anxious or rationalizing the situation in my mind, if it is beyond my control. I very much like having control.

I might put a w5 to your 6 fix. What does rationalizing it do for you? What does control do for you? How do these things help you? Can you describe/explain?

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
b.) negative unexpected change
c.) conflict

a.) Depends on the kind of stress. Some stress can be good, it can push you to do something you've been putting off, and I am a notorious procrastinator even though it makes me feel miserable. Overwhelming stress makes me feel like escaping.

9 integrating to 3, and the last part may be 5 to 7 peeking out there but it isn't certain, anyone can be overwhelmed and want to escape.

Why does procrastination make you feel miserable?

b.) I do like planning things, so negative unexpected change bothers me quite a bit. Sometimes, it can get me really upset. But usually, I sort of deal with it; you can't change everything, so why bother trying?

Harmonious viewpoint in accordance with type 9. It bothers you and might even upset you but you apparently don't try to change things..sounds like maintaining the peace.

c.) I try to sort out conflict so it doesn't go un-addressed. Perhaps that makes me seem like someone who always needs to have the last word, but I find it far more beneficial to talk things out than to let them build up until it all boils over.

What is your goal in conflict? Why do you need to address it?

It sounds like 9 integration to 3 to me, based on what's there - moving toward a productive, doing stance.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

a.) I think I generally gravitate towards a leadership role. Perhaps not prime executive, but the one who plans out what everyone will do and when. This can be a positive thing and it can be a negative thing. I can't stand passivity, though, so I don't like to be just 'a follower'. (So average and plain.)

Why do you take this role, though? Is it purposeful? It sounds like a 9 taking on qualities of 3 to me, because you 'gravitate' rather than grasping.

What repels you about the average and plain? Why do you consider it average and plain to be a follower?

b.) I try to handle power well, but I can, admittedly, become a bit of a dictator about it.

What does 'well' mean? Why do you become a dictator?

c.) Yes, if the authority is corrupt or inappropriate. Not all authority gives me an immediate negative reaction. I suppose I'm not incredibly sensitive to it unless someone is challenging the authority that I hold.

How do you deem authority corrupt or inappropriate? Do you tend to comply with authority that isn't?

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Motivations, perhaps; I think I see through facades pretty skillfully, even those that are carefully placed. I also see solutions to people's problems. I consider myself to be very good at giving advice.

Mostly just points me back toward 3-6-9, but Enneagram is more about figuring out your motivation. Why do you seek to understand these things?

Can you give an example of a problem you might see through, and the advice you might give?

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I hate to misplace my trust in people, and I can be very aloof, but trust is never incredibly stable for me in the first place. I don't see the world as a struggle between non-trustworthy and trustworthy, but I think it is important to pay attention to who is really your friend and who is not.

Connection to type 6.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

I do my own thing, I suppose; it hasn't influenced my responses.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best" - I have to be successful to be happy, though I follow my own standards for success, or at least I try to.
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts- I don't have much direct experience with the world, so I learn all I can about what I have not experienced.
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else - I can't help but think I'm missing things that would make me happier.
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance - This is a bit iffier. I consider myself able to make my own decisions, but I become indecisive when it's something I'm not very knowledgeable about, and I go to others for confirmation of my own suspicions, not for actual reassurance, if that makes any sense.
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself - Kind of speaks for itself.
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

The one question I have, really, is what you mean by your own standards for success. How does that work? Can you give an example?

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

I can answer these both at once because they're related. I'm thankful I have the ability to see things from different perspectives and to not have my judgement clouded by my own subjective beliefs, but at the same time, I think I have an odd way of processing things. I pause and think about how to react to something, how I should feel about something, whether to my own standards or to someone else's. It's strange. I almost wish I could be comfortable with expression, not feel like I'm giving too much of myself away, freely react to things without having to process it first, know how it feels to live completely in the moment - something I rarely do.

I got a bit lazy at the end there, forgive me. Anyways. I have my own suspicions, but I'll withhold them for now because I want to see what you all think based on my answers. And if you want to give a go at guessing my tritype or instinctual variant, go ahead, although I believe my instinctual variant is so/sx or sx/so.

The processing is actually reminiscent of the 9-3 connection, yet again. There is not a mind in the world that is unburdened by any subjective belief, but to try to deny them in this way, combined with a universal perspective like you've expressed at points in this questionnaire, is often indicative of type 9. The thinking about how to react to things combined with the lack of immediate awareness of how you feel about something (that's what it implies anyway) points toward inner haze in the manner of a 9, and more external awareness of what your reactions will accomplish which reminds me of type 3.

Where does "should" come into the matter of feeling? Feeling itself simply happens; how can it be prescribed - why would it be prescribed?

Overall my current impression is of type: 9 (I lean more 9w1) > 3w4 > 6w5. I haven't seen anything yet that indicates to me that your tritype is outside of the 369 triad, and so if your core doesn't turn out 9 I'd consider 3 or 6.

I don't see sexual variant much at all in this questionnaire, and I don't think I saw it on PerC either; I'd consider so/sp or sp/so for your typing.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm. I don't think emotional aloofness is exclusive to the withdrawn triad.

Why do you think enneagram type profiles describe 3w4s as ice queens?

In other news, Title's thread is a hit. Lovely self-promotion going on there, [MENTION=15897]Title[/MENTION]! And you know what type they associate self-promotion to ;)

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Did you read the rest of my analysis? Any other protests?

It's not exclusive - but on the other hand, if I recall correctly, it is indeed part of what Naranjo describes for type 9. Emotional detachment holds more for type 5, in the sense that they detach from the emotions they feel deeply within, but will often still recognize them. It's not what I think of first for type 3, who are more attached to their achievements and what they can get people to think of them, though it might end up a trait.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you read the rest of my analysis? Any other protests?

It's not exclusive - but on the other hand, if I recall correctly, it is indeed part of what Naranjo describes for type 9. Emotional detachment holds more for type 5, in the sense that they detach from the emotions they feel deeply within, but will often still recognize them. It's not what I think of first for type 3, who are more attached to their achievements and what they can get people to think of them, though it might end up a trait.

Nope, didn't read. Too long. Not everyone reads everything in entirety on the internet.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, didn't read. Too long. Not everyone reads everything in entirety on the internet.

I don't really care, I was just curious. Thought if you had one point you might have others.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
LeaT said:
Why none of these types?

Not a 2 because, while I enjoy helping others with nothing in return occasionally, I don't prioritize it and I don't relate to a solid 98% of the 2's characteristics, including core motivations etc. It's just not very me.
Not a 7 because I don't place that much emphasis on having a fun, enjoyable time.
Not an 8 because I'm not outwardly aggressive, nor do I become volatile without thinking.
You and [MENTION=15372]Flatlander[/MENTION] have been insisting that you see 9 influence, although from what I understand, I'm too assertive and don't share a lot of traits with 9s.

Sp tinted with sx, seeking financial stability and such. The latter portion in relation to socialization could relate to social blind spot.

I don't see how desiring financial stability makes someone have sp instinct. I had a past of little financial stability, so naturally, I'll want to have it. I don't think that should be looked into much.

I can't fully make sense of this. How does any of this fully relate to the question itself? You didn't really answer it.

Sorry you feel that way. I think I answered it pretty sufficiently.

You didn't answer the question. Can you explain what you wish to avoid doing and why?

Incorrect, I answered the first half and overlooked the second somehow. I hope to avoid becoming unbalanced, so basically, avoiding excess.

And what do these fears mean, exactly?

They mean I'm afraid of them.

Never thought this question was particularly good but more points for 9.

Aaaand I'm an idiot. Reverse the points. I was using 1 as the least and 3 as the most, if that changes anything. I'm not a 'details' person.

This here is very, very 9-ish, especially the part in bold. That's how 9s approach problems.

It's not how I approach problems as a whole, it's how I approach problems that I know I have no real power over. Otherwise, I won't just sit there like an idiot and let myself be pushed around by people, life, etc. because I don't think I'm...what...strong enough to face it? That's a load of crap.

Doesn't say anything.

sux

What does this pertain?

What do you mean?

Meaning what exactly?

The grass is always greener. I'm never quite good enough. As soon as I achieve something, I feel shitty for not achieving something even greater, after the initial pride wears off.

Flatlander said:
The positive outlook triader is inclined to refuse to face some element of themself. The 2 is ashamed to have needs so they fail to face it out of pride; the 7 doesn't face their own fear and instead turns to the external world to fulfill their gluttonous want for mental sustenance; the 9 doesn't face their own anger and instead wishes to live in harmony with the world. Like all of the Enneagram, these produce mental traps. Specifically in the case of the 9, the trap is to be personally - psychospiritually - lazy and live at ease with life, which promotes a mindset that tends to be hazy and only scrape the surface of self and world.

Quite honestly, none of that sounds like me. I'm very honest with myself, just not always with others.

If you're in a place of great health and you're looking like a 3, but it's underlay by a general psychospiritual laziness, chances are you're a 9

I'm not in a place of great health. I'm just healthier than I have been in a long time, which isn't saying too too much, since I'm not a very happy person in general.

As for the liking of 7, may I ask you why?

I really envy 7s for getting so much enjoyment out of life. I don't naturally prioritize it, but I think it would be so great if I did. I think 7s know how to let loose but can also work hard on something they want to get. Very enviable traits, IMO.

What do you understand about yourself?

...most things?

What does this mean, exactly?

I relate to the focuses of the head, heart, and gut triads, although I relate mostly to head, almost the same to heart, and least to gut.

How did you figure this out?

Because I don't think my reactions are always genuine. When I hear something that would prompt a reaction, I sort of have to think to myself, 'What is the proper way to react to this?' and by 'proper' I don't mean societally, I mean for me, in the context of whatever I need to react to. It's a pretty split-second thought process when it comes to real life interactions, but I don't think a reactive type would have the same process going on. I think they, generally, freely react to what they are faced with, making them more genuine in a sense.

That contradicts what you said above, and it speaks to a more universal truth.

It actually does not contradict it. I can relate to some aspect of all the types, but there are some that have too many factors ruling it out as my core, even if some parts of it fit me.

What exactly do you need to loosen up about?

Everything! I'm a worrier and always have been. If I'm working, I'll worry about spending time with people and having fun. If I'm having fun with people, I'm worried about getting my work done. And I worry about little things, too. I don't think that's linked to personality theory. I've struggled with anxiety disorders for a long time.

The particular adjective "wrong" strikes me - why does it feel wrong to you?

It just gives me a (hard to explain) pulling sort of feeling in the gut, like a pang of guilt or inappropriateness. It also makes me feel too vulnerable/weak, I don't like being open with people.

Also, how did you get close to either parent without emotional intimacy? What makes you uncomfortable with it? Why would you like not to be so cold?

Spending a lot of time with them, talking about common interests and some problems I have, discussing things etc. As I said, it's too open, makes me feel too weak. I try to avoid it if I can. I think not being cold would make my life a lot easier. It's a nice trait, isn't it? It looks like fun, those gooey people who are comfortable with their emotions and the emotions of other people. I don't like that when it comes to my friends having personal problems, my first reaction is to go 'well that's illogical, you should feel this way' or 'you need to follow my advice and do X' because it often makes them feel worse.

Why are values that are very, very important to you, so flexible? How does this fit with the idea that they are non-negotiable?

Let me reword it: not all my values are non-negotiable, but my morals are very rigid.

I'm particularly interested in where/how you see rigidity in yourself. Type 9 is obstinate, in particular.

How does this relate with your ability to project personas?

When it comes to morality or intellectual matters, for the most part.

I can project personas because there's a marked difference between what I like to portray and what I think and feel on the inside. Perhaps this makes me a bit 'fake' or robotic, but I think I do it more for others' sake than I do my own, if that makes sense, although it serves both.

Obstinacy again, e9. Also something of a positivity (that whole 'positive triad') trait, because of the willful ignorance of lack.

...willful ignorance? No, no. The thing is, I don't see myself as ignorant except for a few very rare occasions. I'm not one of those blindly stubborn people. I can be stubborn, but it's never without clear vision of a situation.

Anyone can have one. Why would you say this manifests in yourself?

Not entirely sure. Perhaps I'm cocky about my intelligence when compared to most people. I'm used to being smarter than my peers, friends, and acquaintances, so it can make me act like a jackass.

Where does 'different' come in for you? What does it mean, and what would be the benefit of others seeing it in you?

I want to be liked, but I don't want to blend in. What's the point of living an average life? I suppose if you're happy with it, that's fine, but I could never go that route. Nobody wants to be dull. And I think I'm inherently different in a lot of ways to most people (no, I don't mean that in an 'I'm better than everyone' way).

Why do you dislike these things?

I don't like illogical or petty things, that can explain most of them.

Indicative of 9 as per the question, if the other options are taken into account it indicates 9w8.

Once again, I totally missed the 1 (most) to 3 (least) part, so my 3 means most and my 1 means least.

Control over your train of thought - why did you cultivate that?

Because thinking about things you don't want to think about that have no actual purpose of bettering yourself or a situation is stupid?

What would you say your priority is, in thinking, and stopping thought? What is your purpose?

It really varies depending on the situation. There's idle-minded thinking, there's thinking about a certain thing and musing, there's trying to solve something, so on and so on.

Why do you hold back your own anger and forgive others?

There's nothing classy about having an outburst of anger. I'm not rich enough to get away with that. Besides, explosive energy just makes things worse, most of the time. I don't want people to avoid bringing things up because they're scared of me. I forgive others if they deserve, by my standards, to be forgiven.

I might put a w5 to your 6 fix. What does rationalizing it do for you? What does control do for you? How do these things help you? Can you describe/explain?

If you think I have a 6 fix, give me an actual reason why it points towards 6 specifically that is unrelated to anxiety. I won't accept anyone who tries to say that my anxiety comes from anything related to the Enneagram or whatever.
Rationalizing makes it easier to deal with and think about logically. It provides a sense of comfort.
I like power because it's much easier to make the outcome of things into something you want when you're calling the shots. Some people just don't know what they're doing.

Why does procrastination make you feel miserable?

Because I fucking hate not getting things done. There's nothing more frustrating than feeling worthless. I like to make projects and I like to finish them instead of putting it off until the last second.

but you apparently don't try to change things

Once again, this is only if it's something truly beyond my control. Otherwise, I'll go for it.

What is your goal in conflict? Why do you need to address it?

I think I answered this somewhere above.

Why do you take this role, though? Is it purposeful? It sounds like a 9 taking on qualities of 3 to me, because you 'gravitate' rather than grasping.

Also answered above.

What repels you about the average and plain? Why do you consider it average and plain to be a follower?

Perhaps it suits other people better than it suits me. I hate feeling like a follower, it makes me feel weak and powerless - etc.

What does 'well' mean? Why do you become a dictator?

Well as in not acting like a dick or treating other people's opinions as invalid. I think if people oppose some things that I strongly advocate, that's when I get impatient and dictator-like. Do this, like this, leave, come here, don't come back, generally just obnoxious.

How do you deem authority corrupt or inappropriate? Do you tend to comply with authority that isn't?

On how they use their power, I think the more it aligns with my own morals the more likely I am to think it's fine.
And it depends on the situation. I don't really mind authority either way if it's not obviously bad. I don't think about it, honestly. I think it's foolish to blindly follow what a person says, but just as foolish to oppose all authority because it's authority when there's no reason to even pay attention to it in the first place.

Why do you seek to understand these things?

What, people's motivations? I think it's better to understand people's motivations so you don't end up being surprised if they screw you over.

Can you give an example of a problem you might see through, and the advice you might give?

If I think of one, I will. I'm exhausted and have been writing this for about 40 minutes now, and I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard, so my memories and 'example-making' process aren't functioning very well.

The one question I have, really, is what you mean by your own standards for success. How does that work? Can you give an example?

Everyone has a different idea of what they think is success. I'm saying that my own standards for personal success are all I need to meet, not someone who says 'you need to do this or that' or blah blah.

There is not a mind in the world that is unburdened by any subjective belief, but to try to deny them in this way, combined with a universal perspective like you've expressed at points in this questionnaire, is often indicative of type 9.

I didn't say I'm immune to thinking subjectively, obviously I'm not - I'm saying that I don't have many problems with being unable to see past a subjective attachment or emotional lens.

inner haze in the manner of a 9

I don't like this whole haze assessment. I don't think I'm hazy most of the time. I'm hazy right now, but I'm about three minutes from falling asleep before I even post this response.

Where does "should" come into the matter of feeling? Feeling itself simply happens; how can it be prescribed - why would it be prescribed?

But that's stupid, not to sound like a petulant child, but I get so bothered when people can't rationally give reason for why they feel something. Feelings usually don't come out of nowhere. There's a reason underlying almost everything that happens. Not being able to pinpoint why you feel something shows a lack of self-awareness.

I don't see sexual variant much at all in this questionnaire, and I don't think I saw it on PerC either; I'd consider so/sp or sp/so for your typing.

kanyewestshrug.gif
I see a lot of sexual variant in myself, but it's not something I express openly. And I can't really talk about why without getting into emotional crap, which I don't feel like doing.

Apologies to you guys for irritable, half-assed answers. My face is literally on the keyboard right now. I'll try to be more detailed when I'm not 80% asleep.

In other news, Title's thread is a hit. Lovely self-promotion going on there, [MENTION=15897]Title[/MENTION]! And you know what type they associate self-promotion to ;)

Thank you kindly! I'm pretty ace at pimping myself out, I think.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Or, you know, I could spend 40 minutes responding to you guys and never get a reply. That's real cool.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or, you know, I could spend 40 minutes responding to you guys and never get a reply. That's real cool.

There's not much point responding, to be honest, because you didn't write much to analyze.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's not much point responding, to be honest, because you didn't write much to analyze.

The OP is not so much into analysis as ass licking.