User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 86

  1. #51
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Did you read the rest of my analysis? Any other protests?

    It's not exclusive - but on the other hand, if I recall correctly, it is indeed part of what Naranjo describes for type 9. Emotional detachment holds more for type 5, in the sense that they detach from the emotions they feel deeply within, but will often still recognize them. It's not what I think of first for type 3, who are more attached to their achievements and what they can get people to think of them, though it might end up a trait.
    Nope, didn't read. Too long. Not everyone reads everything in entirety on the internet.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  2. #52
    Fair and Square Flatlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Nope, didn't read. Too long. Not everyone reads everything in entirety on the internet.
    I don't really care, I was just curious. Thought if you had one point you might have others.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

  3. #53
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT
    Why none of these types?
    Not a 2 because, while I enjoy helping others with nothing in return occasionally, I don't prioritize it and I don't relate to a solid 98% of the 2's characteristics, including core motivations etc. It's just not very me.
    Not a 7 because I don't place that much emphasis on having a fun, enjoyable time.
    Not an 8 because I'm not outwardly aggressive, nor do I become volatile without thinking.
    You and @Flatlander have been insisting that you see 9 influence, although from what I understand, I'm too assertive and don't share a lot of traits with 9s.

    Sp tinted with sx, seeking financial stability and such. The latter portion in relation to socialization could relate to social blind spot.
    I don't see how desiring financial stability makes someone have sp instinct. I had a past of little financial stability, so naturally, I'll want to have it. I don't think that should be looked into much.

    I can't fully make sense of this. How does any of this fully relate to the question itself? You didn't really answer it.
    Sorry you feel that way. I think I answered it pretty sufficiently.

    You didn't answer the question. Can you explain what you wish to avoid doing and why?
    Incorrect, I answered the first half and overlooked the second somehow. I hope to avoid becoming unbalanced, so basically, avoiding excess.

    And what do these fears mean, exactly?
    They mean I'm afraid of them.

    Never thought this question was particularly good but more points for 9.
    Aaaand I'm an idiot. Reverse the points. I was using 1 as the least and 3 as the most, if that changes anything. I'm not a 'details' person.

    This here is very, very 9-ish, especially the part in bold. That's how 9s approach problems.
    It's not how I approach problems as a whole, it's how I approach problems that I know I have no real power over. Otherwise, I won't just sit there like an idiot and let myself be pushed around by people, life, etc. because I don't think I'm...what...strong enough to face it? That's a load of crap.

    Doesn't say anything.
    sux

    What does this pertain?
    What do you mean?

    Meaning what exactly?
    The grass is always greener. I'm never quite good enough. As soon as I achieve something, I feel shitty for not achieving something even greater, after the initial pride wears off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander
    The positive outlook triader is inclined to refuse to face some element of themself. The 2 is ashamed to have needs so they fail to face it out of pride; the 7 doesn't face their own fear and instead turns to the external world to fulfill their gluttonous want for mental sustenance; the 9 doesn't face their own anger and instead wishes to live in harmony with the world. Like all of the Enneagram, these produce mental traps. Specifically in the case of the 9, the trap is to be personally - psychospiritually - lazy and live at ease with life, which promotes a mindset that tends to be hazy and only scrape the surface of self and world.
    Quite honestly, none of that sounds like me. I'm very honest with myself, just not always with others.

    If you're in a place of great health and you're looking like a 3, but it's underlay by a general psychospiritual laziness, chances are you're a 9
    I'm not in a place of great health. I'm just healthier than I have been in a long time, which isn't saying too too much, since I'm not a very happy person in general.

    As for the liking of 7, may I ask you why?
    I really envy 7s for getting so much enjoyment out of life. I don't naturally prioritize it, but I think it would be so great if I did. I think 7s know how to let loose but can also work hard on something they want to get. Very enviable traits, IMO.

    What do you understand about yourself?
    ...most things?

    What does this mean, exactly?
    I relate to the focuses of the head, heart, and gut triads, although I relate mostly to head, almost the same to heart, and least to gut.

    How did you figure this out?
    Because I don't think my reactions are always genuine. When I hear something that would prompt a reaction, I sort of have to think to myself, 'What is the proper way to react to this?' and by 'proper' I don't mean societally, I mean for me, in the context of whatever I need to react to. It's a pretty split-second thought process when it comes to real life interactions, but I don't think a reactive type would have the same process going on. I think they, generally, freely react to what they are faced with, making them more genuine in a sense.

    That contradicts what you said above, and it speaks to a more universal truth.
    It actually does not contradict it. I can relate to some aspect of all the types, but there are some that have too many factors ruling it out as my core, even if some parts of it fit me.

    What exactly do you need to loosen up about?
    Everything! I'm a worrier and always have been. If I'm working, I'll worry about spending time with people and having fun. If I'm having fun with people, I'm worried about getting my work done. And I worry about little things, too. I don't think that's linked to personality theory. I've struggled with anxiety disorders for a long time.

    The particular adjective "wrong" strikes me - why does it feel wrong to you?
    It just gives me a (hard to explain) pulling sort of feeling in the gut, like a pang of guilt or inappropriateness. It also makes me feel too vulnerable/weak, I don't like being open with people.

    Also, how did you get close to either parent without emotional intimacy? What makes you uncomfortable with it? Why would you like not to be so cold?
    Spending a lot of time with them, talking about common interests and some problems I have, discussing things etc. As I said, it's too open, makes me feel too weak. I try to avoid it if I can. I think not being cold would make my life a lot easier. It's a nice trait, isn't it? It looks like fun, those gooey people who are comfortable with their emotions and the emotions of other people. I don't like that when it comes to my friends having personal problems, my first reaction is to go 'well that's illogical, you should feel this way' or 'you need to follow my advice and do X' because it often makes them feel worse.

    Why are values that are very, very important to you, so flexible? How does this fit with the idea that they are non-negotiable?
    Let me reword it: not all my values are non-negotiable, but my morals are very rigid.

    I'm particularly interested in where/how you see rigidity in yourself. Type 9 is obstinate, in particular.

    How does this relate with your ability to project personas?
    When it comes to morality or intellectual matters, for the most part.

    I can project personas because there's a marked difference between what I like to portray and what I think and feel on the inside. Perhaps this makes me a bit 'fake' or robotic, but I think I do it more for others' sake than I do my own, if that makes sense, although it serves both.

    Obstinacy again, e9. Also something of a positivity (that whole 'positive triad') trait, because of the willful ignorance of lack.
    ...willful ignorance? No, no. The thing is, I don't see myself as ignorant except for a few very rare occasions. I'm not one of those blindly stubborn people. I can be stubborn, but it's never without clear vision of a situation.

    Anyone can have one. Why would you say this manifests in yourself?
    Not entirely sure. Perhaps I'm cocky about my intelligence when compared to most people. I'm used to being smarter than my peers, friends, and acquaintances, so it can make me act like a jackass.

    Where does 'different' come in for you? What does it mean, and what would be the benefit of others seeing it in you?
    I want to be liked, but I don't want to blend in. What's the point of living an average life? I suppose if you're happy with it, that's fine, but I could never go that route. Nobody wants to be dull. And I think I'm inherently different in a lot of ways to most people (no, I don't mean that in an 'I'm better than everyone' way).

    Why do you dislike these things?
    I don't like illogical or petty things, that can explain most of them.

    Indicative of 9 as per the question, if the other options are taken into account it indicates 9w8.
    Once again, I totally missed the 1 (most) to 3 (least) part, so my 3 means most and my 1 means least.

    Control over your train of thought - why did you cultivate that?
    Because thinking about things you don't want to think about that have no actual purpose of bettering yourself or a situation is stupid?

    What would you say your priority is, in thinking, and stopping thought? What is your purpose?
    It really varies depending on the situation. There's idle-minded thinking, there's thinking about a certain thing and musing, there's trying to solve something, so on and so on.

    Why do you hold back your own anger and forgive others?
    There's nothing classy about having an outburst of anger. I'm not rich enough to get away with that. Besides, explosive energy just makes things worse, most of the time. I don't want people to avoid bringing things up because they're scared of me. I forgive others if they deserve, by my standards, to be forgiven.

    I might put a w5 to your 6 fix. What does rationalizing it do for you? What does control do for you? How do these things help you? Can you describe/explain?
    If you think I have a 6 fix, give me an actual reason why it points towards 6 specifically that is unrelated to anxiety. I won't accept anyone who tries to say that my anxiety comes from anything related to the Enneagram or whatever.
    Rationalizing makes it easier to deal with and think about logically. It provides a sense of comfort.
    I like power because it's much easier to make the outcome of things into something you want when you're calling the shots. Some people just don't know what they're doing.

    Why does procrastination make you feel miserable?
    Because I fucking hate not getting things done. There's nothing more frustrating than feeling worthless. I like to make projects and I like to finish them instead of putting it off until the last second.

    but you apparently don't try to change things
    Once again, this is only if it's something truly beyond my control. Otherwise, I'll go for it.

    What is your goal in conflict? Why do you need to address it?
    I think I answered this somewhere above.

    Why do you take this role, though? Is it purposeful? It sounds like a 9 taking on qualities of 3 to me, because you 'gravitate' rather than grasping.
    Also answered above.

    What repels you about the average and plain? Why do you consider it average and plain to be a follower?
    Perhaps it suits other people better than it suits me. I hate feeling like a follower, it makes me feel weak and powerless - etc.

    What does 'well' mean? Why do you become a dictator?
    Well as in not acting like a dick or treating other people's opinions as invalid. I think if people oppose some things that I strongly advocate, that's when I get impatient and dictator-like. Do this, like this, leave, come here, don't come back, generally just obnoxious.

    How do you deem authority corrupt or inappropriate? Do you tend to comply with authority that isn't?
    On how they use their power, I think the more it aligns with my own morals the more likely I am to think it's fine.
    And it depends on the situation. I don't really mind authority either way if it's not obviously bad. I don't think about it, honestly. I think it's foolish to blindly follow what a person says, but just as foolish to oppose all authority because it's authority when there's no reason to even pay attention to it in the first place.

    Why do you seek to understand these things?
    What, people's motivations? I think it's better to understand people's motivations so you don't end up being surprised if they screw you over.

    Can you give an example of a problem you might see through, and the advice you might give?
    If I think of one, I will. I'm exhausted and have been writing this for about 40 minutes now, and I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard, so my memories and 'example-making' process aren't functioning very well.

    The one question I have, really, is what you mean by your own standards for success. How does that work? Can you give an example?
    Everyone has a different idea of what they think is success. I'm saying that my own standards for personal success are all I need to meet, not someone who says 'you need to do this or that' or blah blah.

    There is not a mind in the world that is unburdened by any subjective belief, but to try to deny them in this way, combined with a universal perspective like you've expressed at points in this questionnaire, is often indicative of type 9.
    I didn't say I'm immune to thinking subjectively, obviously I'm not - I'm saying that I don't have many problems with being unable to see past a subjective attachment or emotional lens.

    inner haze in the manner of a 9
    I don't like this whole haze assessment. I don't think I'm hazy most of the time. I'm hazy right now, but I'm about three minutes from falling asleep before I even post this response.

    Where does "should" come into the matter of feeling? Feeling itself simply happens; how can it be prescribed - why would it be prescribed?
    But that's stupid, not to sound like a petulant child, but I get so bothered when people can't rationally give reason for why they feel something. Feelings usually don't come out of nowhere. There's a reason underlying almost everything that happens. Not being able to pinpoint why you feel something shows a lack of self-awareness.

    I don't see sexual variant much at all in this questionnaire, and I don't think I saw it on PerC either; I'd consider so/sp or sp/so for your typing.
    kanyewestshrug.gif
    I see a lot of sexual variant in myself, but it's not something I express openly. And I can't really talk about why without getting into emotional crap, which I don't feel like doing.

    Apologies to you guys for irritable, half-assed answers. My face is literally on the keyboard right now. I'll try to be more detailed when I'm not 80% asleep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Umm. I don't think emotional aloofness is exclusive to the withdrawn triad.

    Why do you think enneagram type profiles describe 3w4s as ice queens?

    In other news, Title's thread is a hit. Lovely self-promotion going on there, @Title! And you know what type they associate self-promotion to
    Thank you kindly! I'm pretty ace at pimping myself out, I think.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  4. #54
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Or, you know, I could spend 40 minutes responding to you guys and never get a reply. That's real cool.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  5. #55
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    wb
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  6. #56
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    wb
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  7. #57
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Or, you know, I could spend 40 minutes responding to you guys and never get a reply. That's real cool.
    There's not much point responding, to be honest, because you didn't write much to analyze.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  8. #58
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    There's not much point responding, to be honest, because you didn't write much to analyze.
    The OP is not so much into analysis as ass licking.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  9. #59
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    The OP is not so much into analysis as ass licking.
    If you wish to put it that way, yes.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  10. #60
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    The OP is not so much into analysis as ass licking.
    How... direct.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFPs, does this happen to you too?
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM
  3. most annoying thing that's happened to you?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Extroverts does this happen to you?
    By BerberElla in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] does this happen to you ENFP's? or any other types?
    By cheerchick23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO